GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Hi to all you greying wrinklies :lol:

I think i have some grey hairs because they are a different texture to the rest but i have dyed hair and have had since i was 14. I also have very oily skin so i haven't got bad wrinkles. My mate who is my age always had

dry skin (which i envied when we were teens as she never got spots/acne) but she looks about 10 years older than me now ;) the worst thing about ageing is THE MENOPAUSE it fucking sucks balls :max: i got fat and a bit grumpy and then there's the hot flushes

which are horrible.

But hey! i'm still alive!!

To fight the hot flushes just drink soy milk, one glass or two everyday. As for the fat, there is only one way. Eat healthy food only and no big amounts either. You can work out without going to the gym. I practice some small tricks that help a lot. For example if you live in a second floor flat, don't take the lift. Take the stairs. If you live in the 10th floor. Take the stairs to the first floor. Then take the lift. If you go to work driving. Give it up. Take the bus or tube. Don't go to the nearest stop. Walk to a stop that is a little far away. Also cleaning around the house everyday. You don't have to do all of it. Just something to keep you moving.

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

My gyn told me increase is normal after giving birth. Maybe she neglected the age and menopause thing to make me feel good? So not ready for heat flushes yet. Still remember those from nursing times. Awful!

I don't know what that is like.... :ph34r: I hope they invent something to get rid of it before I reach that phase!

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I guess this also represents the guys who participate in this thread or lurk. They must have freaked out :lol:

They can f*** o** for all I care :shrugs:

The patriarchy has tried to demonize our bodies for centuries and make us all feel bad about it, as if having the period was a sin or something dirty and forbidden to talk about.

Only virgin and single guys freak out about this. Once they've got married and have children they get to experience and live all of it, whether they want it or not.

Men should be raised to understand these things better because they are part of life.

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah I felt badly for them lol as the convo kept goin! :lol: But I guess that is bound to happen at times in such a thread titled "womens discussion!" ha!

No reason to feel bad because our talk is about natural things that happen to our human bodies. They also have problems with their bodies as they age and it's stupid that things like that are still taboo.

4 hours ago, Politania said:

For the first time we dont talk about Axl :lol::lol:

... and I dont feel as weirdo.. so glad that some of you know how big pain in the ass is to have oily skin :P

Yeah. I thought I was rare for having oily skin. I mean, I don't know a lot of people who have it but it was cool to share tips and the pain of having it, heheh.

• GNFNR 2

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Why did you delete what you said? You said nothing wrong.

Yeah, I know... But it was a discussion among us in a forum about a band, and I don't think the other people who come here want to know the specifics of my cycle :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes. Apparently in USA the goverment wants to eliminate the net neutrality. So there is a danger of free speech an content in the net. The companies would dictate what are you able to see and charge you.

Thanks. But most posters don't come from the US, so we cannot participate in the thing, right?

What's wrong with gnr guys and shirts with holes? First Axl, now Slash. It looks like something my mum and grandma would use to clean a table with :rofl-lol: (even though the shirt is probably more expensive than my phone :ph34r:)

23733966_2070781149863964_7930906937426706432_n.jpg

Edited by Andy14
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, me too. Is it something downzy did, you reckon?

I don't know if he did it.... Maybe its something that shows up with the forum software :question:

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes. Apparently in USA the goverment wants to eliminate the net neutrality. So there is a danger of free speech and content in the net. The companies would dictate what are you able to see and charge you.

Oh, how amazing. DICTATORSHIP everywhere now :max:

I'm so tired of having these governments violating our rights. I remember when Internet once was a free place, now it is the place where all your nightmares become real.

Facebook already dictates what we see and charge us with our own privacy.

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks. But most posters don't come from the US, so we cannot participate in the thing, right?

Im not entering my personal info on any site anymore, even though, its just useless because they already have every piece of information about all of us.

What happens in the USA will soon spread to the rest of the world :facepalm:

@Georgina Arriaga

Haha!  Come on over to the CD side. :ph34r:

I dismissed CD for years too.  I couldn't connect with it at all.  I didn't hear electronic bits or bleeps or synths so much like everyone says; I couldn't even get that close to it, such was the distance between me and that album. LOL  All I heard was a wall of noise.  No real melodies (Madagascar) or memorable choruses (Prostitute) and in some cases nothing that even resembled a chorus (Riad)...some of the songs weren't easy to get to know structurally (Catcher In The Rye) and some just sounded plain ugly - Shacklers.   (TIL and Scraped still sound plain ugly to me).

I only gave it another chance a year ago.  First go, nope, it was still a wall of noise.  I forced myself to keep playing different songs until I came to something, anything that seemed vaguely listenable.  I must have done this half a dozen times before I hit on my 'gateway' song and that was If The World.  I still remember where I was and what I was doing when it finally clicked for me!  I was actually kinda of awestruck when that happened.  I remember sitting on this playground bench, headphones on, in a kind of daze.  OMG.  WHY have I not heard this before??  Where has this song been all my life?  THAT GUITAR.  That other guitar.  That flamenco guitar.  :blink:  ALL THE GUITARS. This is like, the most amazing song I've ever heard! :lol: 

And that was it.  Over the course of a few months, one by one, the songs unlocked themselves and I no longer heard a wall of noise, but all the melodies, choruses, verses and all the bits in the background - birds/insects! Disco guitar! French horns! Random noises! LOL  

Sorry, I got completely carried away. :lol:  I love it even more now that Slash and Duff have added their touch to some of those songs.  Slash owns half those solos now. lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've been listening to Chinese Democracy every day for about two weeks now

It's Axl's fault:max: with all those songs of CD in the set and Slash ENJOYING playing...unbelievable!:max:

But seriously that album is really strange...I tried to connect but nope.....maybe as @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle says require at least a year of constant playing....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

It's Axl's fault:max: with all those songs of CD in the set and Slash ENJOYING playing...unbelievable!:max:

But seriously that album is really strange...I tried to connect but nope.....maybe as @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle says require at least a year of constant playing....

:lol:

I still have a few songs I can't stand on it, but I used to hate Better so much and now I really love it. Kind of the same with Catcher In The Rye and Street Of Dreams. 

I don't know what happened lol 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've been listening to Chinese Democracy every day for about two weeks now :smiley-confused2:

YES!  Just you be careful though...you start off doing a little but the little doesn't do it, so the little gets more and more...LOL

7 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Oh yeah, it's bloody hard work getting to know this album but once you do get to know it, you love it.  It's like Axl.  lol

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Haha 2