GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Tomorrow hopefully :) He wasn't able to come today.

I hung out with Todd and Brent. Always a good time with those two. Brent and I went around looking at drum stuff. Also @janrichmond and anyone else who cares, SMKC album is definitely still happening.

Wait...how do you know them?

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Tomorrow hopefully :) He wasn't able to come today.

I hung out with Todd and Brent. Always a good time with those two. Brent and I went around looking at drum stuff. Also @janrichmond and anyone else who cares, SMKC album is definitely still happening.

Thank you for the info. They are currently recording the album?

14 hours ago, dgnr said:

:lol:

Just got home from a couple of 🍺🍺 with friends. And found this on a facebook page, so credits to the owner. Never seen this one before :heart:

27073305_1770606559625983_79273535730239

Such a pretty little Axl! :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen this one. Izzy with fans in 88. I so looks like he wants to be anywhere else. ASAP. :lol:

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's being worked on slowly as schedules allow. They all have several commitments going on all at once right now so it's hard to find time when they're all available.

Well.....  Then Meegan knew what she was talking about, huh? :rolleyes:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's being worked on slowly as schedules allow. They all have several commitments going on all at once right now so it's hard to find time when they're all available.

Thanks for the info.  I guess that slow process is pretty much what we've all gathered by now.  We all know the album has to happen and it has seemed over the weeks that it's being recorded in dribs and drabs/as and when.  

It does make me wonder how established bands operate these days when they record an album.  I wonder if that old image of the band all together in one room playing together over a period of time applies to everyone or just some bands?  I mean, do Foo Fighters record albums in dribs and drabs/as and when?  Metallica?  Are their band members juggling multiple musical demands?  I don't know.  Maybe only GNR (and its orbiting side projects) work like that because its members are caught between the band and the side projects? 

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the info.  I guess that slow process is pretty much what we've all gathered by now.  We all know the album has to happen and it has seemed over the weeks that it's being recorded in dribs and drabs/as and when.  

It does make me wonder how established bands operate these days when they record an album.  I wonder if that old image of the band all together in one room playing together over a period of time applies to everyone or just some bands?  I mean, do Foo Fighters record albums in dribs and drabs/as and when?  Metallica?  Are their band members juggling multiple musical demands?  I don't know.  Maybe only GNR (and its orbiting side projects) work like that because its members are caught between the band and the side projects? 

Seems so. I remember recent (ish) interviews with Dave Grohl as well as Metallica and they do sit together and works things out. At least James and Lars do. With FF i don't know who exactly but Dave gave the impression that is not exactly developing everything on his own (anymore).

On 1/26/2018 at 10:41 AM, dgnr said:

You mean better, right? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

And, while we're at it, there's some mysteries that can be solved in this episode. Like, is our lead singer really that kinky? From 0 to 10, how quick is Duff? Was she dazzled with Slash's shiny gear? Asking for a friend again :ph34r:

yes, all those questions need answers!

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

They're definitely working on it in one room together. One of them had said earlier on that it was mostly written already. My personal thought is that Slash isn't going to say anything right now because they'll all just ask about GnR, which he can't talk about.

In other news I'm hanging out with Steven right now.

Thanks for all the SMKC info, finally some good news!! I hope they'll get to finish the album this year, I miss them so bad!

And so awesome you're hanging with the greatest drummer in the universe!! Does he have a new album coming too? :P

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Absolutely

They're definitely working on it in one room together. One of them had said earlier on that it was mostly written already. My personal thought is that Slash isn't going to say anything right now because they'll all just ask about GnR, which he can't talk about.

Hi Steven!

31 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Absolutely

Hi Steven! My favourite drummer! How are you doing? :lol:

Edited by Tori72

17 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Thanks for all the SMKC info, finally some good news!! I hope they'll get to finish the album this year, I miss them so bad!

And so awesome you're hanging with the greatest drummer in the universe!! Does he have a new album coming too? :P

Steven is such a character. Everyone kept stopping him for photos. After meeting him I completely understand why they would prefer to keep Frank as the full time drummer and only have Steven guest every now and then.

SMKC- I think they're wanting to get the new album out this year and do some tour dates. Both Brent and Todd have other show commitments this year so they have to work around that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Steven is such a character. Everyone kept stopping him for photos. After meeting him I completely understand why they would prefer to keep Frank as the full time drummer and only have Steven guest every now and then.

SMKC- I think they're wanting to get the new album out this year and do some tour dates. Both Brent and Todd have other show commitments this year so they have to work around that. 

Can you elaborate on that? Because fans want pics? I don't get it :lol:

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

SMKC- I think they're wanting to get the new album out this year and do some tour dates. Both Brent and Todd have other show commitments this year so they have to work around 

lol, I can imagine Steven is a character. elaborate a little on what you mean by his character being less suited to full time drumming with GnR??? kinda curious to hear your thoughts.

so, would Slash be touring with MKC???

Edited by GuitarFanfromNYC

52 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:dance:

please say hi to him from this thread :awesomeface: and from a fan in Argentina (me) say thanks for coming to the show and making us all happy in River Plate!!! rock3

Take a pic for us.. also ask him if is going to do any GNR shows this year?? He had mentioned doing 3 concerts this year is with his band or GNR?