GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Maybe Steven have his dick more great that Izzy?:lol:

There's the real reason they didn't want to split the loot with Izzy. They're jealous of his dick :lol:

3 hours ago, GuitarFanfromNYC said:

lol, I can imagine Steven is a character. elaborate a little on what you mean by his character being less suited to full time drumming with GnR??? kinda curious to hear your thoughts.

so, would Slash be touring with MKC???

Yes, SMKC tour. Whenever all of them are available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't know how to post photos here. For those of you who are in the fanspot FB group I posted a photo there. I didn't ask about GnR but I don't think we'll be seeing him there anytime soon.

What's the best way to put this into words? 

So Steven is a great guy, really loveable and adorable. He hugged me a bunch of times and hugged everyone else he met. The issue isn't that he's a bad person or anything. He's still like a kid and you kind of want to make sure that someone is around to watch him. Compare him to Slash and Duff. They're professional, experienced touring musicans and they know how to conduct themselves in a professional way. Steven is like a wild card. He just wants to hang out and have a good time, but you don't really know what he's going to do. Especially in an environment where there's a lot of attention on him and band (like NAMM). That was ok back in the 80s when they were playing clubs and theaters. They were young and on loads of drugs and it was fine, but now Slash and Duff are older and sober. They want to know that everyone (especially on a tour of this magnitude) with behave and be professional, dependable, reliable, speak carefully, and so on. Frank fits that (and Axl wanted him). With Frank they don't have to worry about anything (except maybe the tempo). Steven, I think if I was touring in a band with him I would always be thinking about where he is and what he's doing. Not saying he can't be professional and all that (I'm sure he would if it came to it) but there's just too much weight and risk riding on this whole thing with the tour and where GnR is now. Steven is the wild card factor and the least controllable, and he could be a liability.

Everything I said above, none of that has to do with his previous substance abuse problems. That's just my impressions from spending a little bit of time with him today and seeing him interact with people. I think his wife is probably a huge help in helping him be accountable and staying clean.

Does that make sense to you all? I'm struggling to put into words my thoughts from seeing him today. It's one of those things that you can't really understand unless you've met him and been around him for a little while. Slash, Duff, and Axl, they know him even better than any of us. Before I thought, "oh he can do the tour and play the AFD stuff and be just fine" but after meeting him I think I'm starting to understand a little more what the others might be thinking.

It sounds like Steven is that one kid with ADHD that defintely needs to be watched 24/7 or at least put on medication to keep focused.

• Like 1

Thank you @MaskingApathy! Thanks a lot. It s so sweet that he hugs everyone and signs things. 

Honestly I think a bit of surprise factor = Steven would do no harm to GNR. They are too predictable the last years, and one thing I loved about them that everything could happen anytime. One never knew.. Steven would bring this back and a real drumming that fits for the guys. Put him an assistant aside together with Carolina and give it a chance. As some already said. Let him play the lies and appetite stuff and keep frank for the rest. It isn t necessary to play 3 hours and 3 years. With the afd 5 guys back they can play 2.5 hours and less shows to keep it precious.

I suppose it won’t happen but what would be the risk? 0 if they split duties with frank. 

At least I wished Steven would come to Europe with his solo band if Guns don’t consider him. I would love to see him play and meet him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, Natty said:

Honestly I think a bit of surprise factor = Steven would do no harm to GNR. They are too predictable the last years, and one thing I loved about them that everything could happen anytime. One never knew.. Steven would bring this back and a real drumming that fits for the guys. Put him an assistant aside together with Carolina and give it a chance. As some already said. Let him play the lies and appetite stuff and keep frank for the rest. It isn t necessary to play 3 hours and 3 years. With the afd 5 guys back they can play 2.5 hours and less shows to keep it precious.

We could talk for hours about why Steven is not in GNR, or the ways he could work with the band, but at the end, in my opinion, is Axl's decision....for some reason he doesn't want Steven there, could be that he doesn't like him, could be that he thinks Steven doesn't fit or whatever...and really is a shame, I would love to hear him play. 

I really want to know what happened in the time between Steven injured his back and Duff telling him by phone (according to Steven) that the gig is not for him. Axl would knew that he was rehearsing with the band, if they didn't want him since the beginning, why call him and make him sign a contract? That...I simply don't understand

It would be interesting to hear Axl stand in the situation, but I think will never hear from him

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We could talk for hours about why Steven is not in GNR, or the ways he could work with the band, but at the end, in my opinion, is Axl's decision....for some reason he doesn't want Steven there, could be that he doesn't like him, could be that he thinks Steven doesn't fit or whatever...and really is a shame, I would love to hear him play. 

I really want to know what happened in the time between Steven injured his back and Duff telling him by phone (according to Steven) that the gig is not for him. Axl would knew that he was rehearsing with the band, if they didn't want him since the beginning, why call him and make him sign a contract? That...I simply don't understand

It would be interesting to hear Axl stand in the situation, but I think will never hear from him

Probably to ensure that he won't talk about anything related to the regrouping, if it's true that the contract comes with a no talk clause 

9 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Probably to ensure that he won't talk about anything related to the regrouping, if it's true that the contract comes with a no talk clause 

Yes, but that is fixed with simply don't call him like apparently they did with Sorum and Gilby....

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

@MaskingApathy hey, thanks again for sharing your experience of hanging with Steven with all of us and also for trying to explain how you felt about him and why you think he's not wanted to join the full tour.

Based on what you said, I will give my unsolicited opinion :lol::

- If Steven is not reliable because he needs to be watched 24/7 like a baby, then what about Axl? :rolleyes:

Isn't Axl treated by TB almost in the same way? When was the last time we have seen Axl hanging out alone by himself without a babysitter by his side? When was the last time Axl travelled alone on a plane?

Do we really believe that Axl making it on time for the NITL shows is the result of a changed man who is now responsible and cares a lot about his fans and his band?

If you think so, I'm sorry but I have to laugh really out loud! :facepalm:

Even though I understand they way you are describing Steven, I don't think this is the reason why he's not wanted in the band. He is as much of a kid as Axl, the only difference is that Steven doesn't own the boat.

And I don't see what would be the risks of Steven on tour. He'd be with his wife all the time, just like Duff with Susan, Slash with Meegan and Axl with (lol) TB :shrugs:. Besides there's a lot of people who work for them to be okay and not be pestered by fans and other people. They don't stay in a city for longer than 2-3 days..... So what is the risk for Steven? Living in the best hotels of every place they go? 

Drugs? How would he get drugs on tour? Every airport checks on you for drugs. I want to believe that people in the band and those who work with them do not do hard drugs anymore.... So, again, what's the risk?

Come on... Steven is not wanted because Axl doesn't want him and he's been clear about this many times before. Axl is wary of Steven, no matter how much one demonstrates him that Steven is healthy and willing to be responsible now, Axl lost all trust and faith on Steven a long time ago and he will not give him a chance again. That's the thing.

• Like 3

I agree with what you have said about Axl and him being on watch 24/7 as well. Steven might be able to function as well as Axl with the right contract (I'm sure Axl would have to pay enourmous sums if he comes late or acts funny) and the right people watching after him.

Still, I can understand everyone who is not willing to work with a child like Steven. Especially when it comes down to huge stadions etc. I'm sure you could still have good fun with Steven in a band that is touring theatres and clubs. But someone as child-like like Steven? With all the childish and unpredictability that comes with it? I can understand those who don't have the nerves to do that. I still wish they had included Steven into the tour and have Frank as back-up and for CD songs.

It is SUCH a shame, the original 5 are all alive and kicking! They are alive after that rollercoaster madness they all went through. A LOT of people with issues and drug abuse like them are dead for decades already. Sometimes I really think they should celebrate that more.

Then again I think, maybe they this is what they're doing: watching out for their health and sanity and it is why they're not joining (Izzy). But that's a different topic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I still wish they had included Steven into the tour and have Frank as back-up and for CD songs.

Really? That’s just like telling the CEO of a company that the mailroom clerk is going to take over major negotiations while he/she passes out the mail.  I’m not trying to be rude, I just don’t agree with just ousting someone from their job without a valid reason.

29 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yes, I don't think this is just Axl. I'm fairly sure the other two would not risk the tour or their own financial stake if they felt Steven was a liability. Slash and Duff may say positive things publicly but I imagine it was a collective decision or at least one they all supported.

I feel a bit sorry for Steven because he is like that little kid who thinks that they are all still his besties despite evidence to the contrary.

Yes me too. But still this is just another example of HOW child-like he is - and also to not be taken too seriously. 

3 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Like @Blackstar said, they must have thought to give him a go when it was Coachella and a handful of gigs.  At that point, they must have thought something about Steven was just too difficult for them to deal with any longer, and especially for a global tour.  They put him in the 'too hard basket'.  Frank = easy.  Steven = hard.  Again, I don't know why Steven is hard but that's my impression.  

Let's see...... Is Steven a guy they met right before Coachella?? :question:

Nope. Steven is a guy they've known for decades, with all the good and the bad he entails. How come they've realized about Steven being a liability just now?

Im sorry but I guess some of you are trying to fool yourselves because the truth is hard to swallow.

Axl said many times before that he didn't want to do a thing with Steven ever again. Especially after the last time they had met and apparently Steven had betrayed his trust one more time.

It is not possible that all of them found out Steven was 'too hard' just now. Steven has been more or less the same kind of person for his entire life.

In my opinion, it was Slash and Duff who suggested to Axl to incorporate Steven in some way (probably responding to a petition Steven may have made to them) and Axl might have reluctantly agreed under the condition that the smallest fuck-up would put Steven out of sight immediately. Slash and Duff might have also agreed that they wouldn't insist if Steven did not follow the rules.

I don't know if the back injury was the reason why he was left out. If it was, then it's incredible bad luck for him and incredible 'good luck' for the ones who were waiting for a fuck-up to exclude him.

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Let's see...... Is Steven a guy they met right before Coachella?? :question:

Nope. Steven is a guy they've known for decades, with all the good and the bad he entails. How come they've realized about Steven being a liability just now?

Im sorry but I guess some of you are trying to fool yourselves because the truth is hard to swallow.

Axl said many times before that he didn't want to do a thing with Steven ever again. Especially after the last time they had met and apparently Steven had betrayed his trust one more time.

It is not possible that all of them found out Steven was 'too hard' just now. Steven has been more or less the same kind of person for his entire life.

In my opinion, it was Slash and Duff who suggested to Axl to incorporate Steven in some way (probably responding to a petition Steven may have made to them) and Axl might have reluctantly agreed under the condition that the smallest fuck-up would put Steven out of sight immediately. Slash and Duff might have also agreed that they wouldn't insist if Steven did not follow the rules.

I don't know if the back injury was the reason why he was left out. If it was, then it's incredible bad luck for him and incredible 'good luck' for the ones who were waiting for a fuck-up to exclude him.

with all due respect is not the truth, it's speculation and possibly has a portion of the truth...the possibility that Axl doesn't want him around is not hard to swallow, why would be? in one of the chats in this forum, somebody ask him about Steven, and Axl answer was in the line that Steven see in him the origin of all his problems....

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

This discussion is so depressing and so disappointing. Come on ladies, we can’t just keep blaming Axl for Steven not being a bigger part of NITL. There are so many other components related to the business side of things that we as fans have no fucking clue about, that may have led to a COLLECTIVE decision. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Axl is a saint or directly defending him, but damn can we take the needle off the record already.

25 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yes, I don't think this is just Axl. I'm fairly sure the other two would not risk the tour or their own financial stake if they felt Steven was a liability. Slash and Duff may say positive things publicly but I imagine it was a collective decision or at least one they all supported.

I feel a bit sorry for Steven because he is like that little kid who thinks that they are all still his besties despite evidence to the contrary.

I don't think it's only Axl. But he plays the biggest role. I read both Slash and Duff books. It seems to me that when it comes to Steven the drugs were not the biggest issue. Steven is outspoken and in some cases it may not be a good thing, mostly for Steven himself. Both Slash and Duff said that Steven was the only one who had the balls to confront Axl. So if Steven was the only one talking, then I can't blame Axl for thinking that Steven was the problem. The others could agree with Steven point of view. But they would never show support for him.

And now Axl, Slash and Duff don't want outspoken people around them. We know how secret everything is. And it has been this way for decades. I don't see Steven controling himself in the long run when it comes to speaking his mind. He would still have arguments with Axl. And Slash and Duff might keep themselves away from that again like they did in the past. At the end it would create problems among them all.

If it was up to me I would have Steven over Frank. But I don't see Steven having a commitment to silence and being yet another Axl's yes man, not for a long period of time.