GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hey Solstar!! Good to see you back! :wow:

Thanx for the info on the picture, Izzy goes around like any regular person, that must be so cool.

Hey! Glad to see you too! I never actually left but it's usually so hard for me to find the time to write in here that I've been in stalk mode like forever! :facepalm:

I miss this thread!:heart:

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, in that IG post someone says he met Izzy there the same day and talked to him and that he’s a humble guy. Literally everyone who ever met Izzy says that about him. I love that.

That is so odd...Izzy has always struck me as someone who would not be friendly, say if you miraculously ran into him in the street, but I guess appearances can be deceptive. :shrugs:

Anywho, I think we should all chip in and buy this guy a new shirt!

I mean, I know the loot was not split with him but come on!! :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, solstar said:

Hey! Glad to see you too! I never actually left but it's usually so hard for me to find the time to write in here that I've been in stalk mode like forever! :facepalm:

I miss this thread!:heart:

That is so odd...Izzy has always struck me as someone who would not be friendly, say if you miraculously ran into him in the street, but I guess appearances can be deceptive. :shrugs:

Anywho, I think we should all chip in and buy this guy a new shirt!

I mean, I know the loot was not split with him but come on!! :lol:

I miss this thread, too!

To be fair I think he looks like he’d be unfriendly if you bother him but apparently he’s very friendly, talks with people and always always is described as humble. ❤️ Then goes and looks miserable in most fan pictures. lol

That shirt! I hate it! Lol it’s so old man-like. Also I don’t like check patterns. Anyway, he does need his old clothes back! And his old hats! What is this ugly thing on his head? 😂 I love him but I have fashion issues with recent Izzy. 😜

Edited by Tori72

32 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I miss this thread, too!

To be fair I think he looks like he’d be unfriendly if you bother him but apparently he’s very friendly, talks with people and always always is described as humble. ❤️ Then goes and looks miserable in most fan pictures. lol

That shirt! I hate it! Lol it’s so old man-like. Also I don’t like check patterns. Anyway, he does need his old clothes back! And his old hats! What is this ugly thing on his head? 😂 I love him but I have fashion issues with recent Izzy. 😜

Ok then, so I would definitely love to meet friendly Izzy and ask him to take me to one of his roadtrips!  Any chance he would agree to this?  :lol:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Ok then, so I would definitely love to meet friendly Izzy and ask him to take me to one of his roadtrips!  Any chance he would agree to this?  :lol:

I was kidding about the shirt though. I actually like it! :wub: It just caught my attention that he is wearing the exact same shirt (and hat! :D) in the only two pics we've had of him in the last two years, and in totally different situations! I wonder if he thinks those clothes go with everything.  :P :lol:

Izzy looks like he doesn’t think about  close at all anymore. 😂 He still looks great though. And I think his face is very handsome. 😍

9 hours ago, solstar said:

Maybe he doesn't go out of the house much and when he does he just wears the same thing.

8 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Izzy looks like he doesn’t think about  close at all anymore. 😂 He still looks great though. And I think his face is very handsome. 😍

I kinda like it that he doesn't care about his clothes. He can totally pull that off imho :drool:

About his face, I'm not sure. I mean, he reached peaks of hotness after he left Guns, and then again in his 40s, but now, I'm not sure. I need more evidence! :lol:

41 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe he doesn't go out of the house much and when he does he just wears the same thing.

tbh Izzy doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that could stay indoors for too long. I do hope he has other outdoors clothes though, otherwise how smelly would that shirt be! :lol:

now you make me wonder what kind of clothes he is wearing indoors. :ph34r: :D

• Like 2

I bet he can go out a lot without being hassled. He looks like an ordinary middleaged man, so I doubt many would even recognize him. He dresses like an ordinary guy and is hardly ever in the news. It's been like 30 years that he's been in the spotlights. I really don't think anyone outside of diehard fans would recognize him, and if they do, most would leave him alone, I'd think. When I come across a celebrity, I never go up to talk to him. Unless it's Duff or anyone else in GNR :P I might go up to Izzy, but only because I'm a diehard.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, solstar said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Izzy is a minimalist and that's why his wardrobe is minimal........ I myself decided to go minimalistic this year, so I have reduced my wardrobe to a capsule one.

7 hours ago, soon said:

sAVzWxY.gif

:lol:

:hug:

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Izzy is a minimalist and that's why his wardrobe is minimal........ I myself decided to go minimalistic this year, so I have reduced my wardrobe to a capsule one.

Aww, dont stress, bae, must be something lost in translation. The laughing emoji was meant to indicate a joke. Gif is from a popular comedy that has a current reboot. 

(ps: just for the record I dont look like Del "The Smell" James. :lol: Actually I wear Izzys outfit in winter and that same hat today!)

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Aww, dont stress, bae, must be something lost in translation. The laughing emoji was meant to indicate a joke. Gif is from a popular comedy that has a current reboot. 

why are you mansplaining me??  I understood!

tenor.gif.32f2f329f684f53bc225c7f6026dda6e.gif

LOL

9 minutes ago, soon said:

(ps: just for the record I dont look like Del "The Smell" James. :lol: Actually I wear Izzys outfit in winter and that same hat today!)

I didnt mean to say you looked like that... but I couldn't find any other funny skateboarding gif, my baaaaaaaaaad :facepalm:

• Haha 1

On 30.07.2019 at 5:21 PM, solstar said:

It was at a skate shop in San Diego. Here's the original post. Someone even commented they saw him and talked to him there that day  :heart:

@Tori72 he's well-fed indeed :lol: but in a really cute way :wub:. Coolest gunner by far :headbang:

Is the third pic in that post also Iz? It says "they were stoked when he showed them some old pix"... But it doesn't look like him to me.

1 hour ago, bikka said:

Is the third pic in that post also Iz? It says "they were stoked when he showed them some old pix"... But it doesn't look like him to me.

No, not Iz. That’s some super famous skaterdude from the 70s whose name I forgot (and couldn’t care less about). :D

What’s a capsule wardrobe for you? Do you have more than 13 items? Somewhere I read that’s about what you can have. I wached You tube tutorials on that and decided I cannot even decide on so few colours. It’s overwhelming in the choice-situation for me.

4 hours ago, solstar said:

About his face, I'm not sure. I mean, he reached peaks of hotness after he left Guns, and then again in his 40s, but now, I'm not sure. I need more evidence! :lol:

I don't think his face looks that good anymore, compared to before.

4 hours ago, Lio said:

I bet he can go out a lot without being hassled. He looks like an ordinary middleaged man, so I doubt many would even recognize him. He dresses like an ordinary guy and is hardly ever in the news. It's been like 30 years that he's been in the spotlights. I really don't think anyone outside of diehard fans would recognize him, and if they do, most would leave him alone, I'd think. When I come across a celebrity, I never go up to talk to him. Unless it's Duff or anyone else in GNR :P I might go up to Izzy, but only because I'm a diehard.

I would go up to him. Like when I met Alan Niven last year, I was probably the only person near him who recognized him then I went and talked to him.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

Oh my! I could never be a minimalist :lol:

But you are right! Izzy might, although I don't quite see him thinking in terms of wardrobe capsules tbh.  :lol:

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I would go up to him. Like when I met Alan Niven last year, I was probably the only person near him who recognized him then I went and talked to him.

I would def like to say something to him if I ever met him, but I'm not sure what :wacko: I mean, how do you even approach a famous person when you are not famous yourself? Tbh I have never EVER done it.  :nervous:

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

What’s a capsule wardrobe for you? Do you have more than 13 items? Somewhere I read that’s about what you can have. I wached You tube tutorials on that and decided I cannot even decide on so few colours. It’s overwhelming in the choice-situation for me.

I didn't count them but I got rid of all the things I have not wore in a year or so. And you can choose a palette if you want  (because that makes it easier to combine items afterwards) but you could have different colors as well. It is not mandatory to pick just a few colors.

A capsule wardrobe consists of one or two pieces of each item: 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 or 3 jackets, 2 or 3 sweaters, 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, etc. Usually, when you own 10 pants, you wear only 2 or 3 of them, no one wears their entire wardrobe, that's why it is better to declutter. You don't waste time picking your outfits.

1 hour ago, solstar said:

Oh my! I could never be a minimalist :lol:

But you are right! Izzy might, although I don't quite see him thinking in terms of wardrobe capsules tbh.  :lol:

Believe me you can when you start learning about this movement and get to understand what it really is about, you realize how much frenetic consumerism affects your life, how many useless things you own and how you can improve your finances by making conscious choices about your consumerism.

It looks to me that Izzy doesn't own a lot of clothes and in general he seems to be a simple guy leading a simple life. That's the essence of minimalism. It's not only about clothes, it covers nutrition, finances, household, feelings, thoughts, it's a philosophy of life.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 9:50 PM, Tori72 said:

@dgnr And how are you doing??? Great to see you! :wub:

This thread is dead because nobody’s here. And when we do, soon the wrong people appear and kill it all. It’s not a nice thing to say, I know, but hey, it’s the truth. Not many WT posters are left so it can’t live. :shrugs:

But since I’m here and still being the Izzy girl that I am: yesterday was a happy day because we got this pic from Izzy from April 6 this year. 

55837772_393346031248006_274317456964430

He’s alive, looking good, get’s well fed and still skates! Wowza! :lol::wub:

:wow:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4283094574475832

Somebody tell him to get his butt off a skateboard before he breaks something! :P

I've missed you ladies! I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

I didn't count them but I got rid of all the things I have not wore in a year or so. And you can choose a palette if you want  (because that makes it easier to combine items afterwards) but you could have different colors as well. It is not mandatory to pick just a few colors.

A capsule wardrobe consists of one or two pieces of each item: 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 or 3 jackets, 2 or 3 sweaters, 2 or 3 pairs of shoes, etc. Usually, when you own 10 pants, you wear only 2 or 3 of them, no one wears their entire wardrobe, that's why it is better to declutter. You don't waste time picking your outfits.

Believe me you can when you start learning about this movement and get to understand what it really is about, you realize how much frenetic consumerism affects your life, how many useless things you own and how you can improve your finances by making conscious choices about your consumerism.

It looks to me that Izzy doesn't own a lot of clothes and in general he seems to be a simple guy leading a simple life. That's the essence of minimalism. It's not only about clothes, it covers nutrition, finances, household, feelings, thoughts, it's a philosophy of life.

Im very thankful that you turned me onto this minimalism stuff. Simple living and border line asceticism has appealed to me over the years. The minimalist stuff on yt is really practical advice, so its easy to act on. Im lucky to live near a zero waste grocer! Now I only own tank tops for shirts... like 20 tank tops but its a start, lol Hand washing some of my clothes is a very meditative activity too. I love that.

• GNFNR 1

Thanks killuridols! :D I love the minimalist idea and I am loosely living with it a few years now. Also because I don’t like stuff standing around and I like to see walls and space. So I don’t have too much furniture or stuff sitting around.

I don’t have a huge wardrobe, but to be honest, I so wouldn’t mind! I love fashion and I love expressing things with it. Either the jeans and a tee expression as well other things. You know? So if I could I wouldn’t have capsule wardrobe but I do at the moment.  I got rid of a lot of things because I kept changing my weight due to my pregnancies. lol. Now I would fit into my old things again but it is 10 years later anyway. So what I’m saying is, I don’t have much to wear at the moment because either it’s old and too big or - I don’t have it yet. lol  So I guess I’m capsule wardrobing out of not being able to buy things at once. :)

@soon why are you handwashing your clothes? What benefit other than meditation does it have?

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

@soon why are you handwashing your clothes? What benefit other than meditation does it have?

I use this bag that is a modern version of a wash board. It was originally invented for campers and travellers.

MZBhAfPh.jpg

I learned about it in one of the minimalism videos that @killuridols showed me. I like it primarily for ecological reasons, using no electricity, less water and way less detergent. I can get a small jar of concentrated wash liquid for $1 at the zero waste store and with the small drop needed to do a load it will last me months - huge savings! It saves me money that Id otherwise spend at the laundromat, too. And I like that it saves me the trip to the laundromat. Its gentler on the clothes too.

It only fits a few items per load (5 tank tops for example), but it only takes 3 minutes so I can do a machine size wash quickly enough by doing a few bag fulls. And during this incredibly hot gardening season its nice to be able to wash my work clothes daily :lol: Its truly humbling to watch the water turn jet black. :facepalm:

This model that I have isnt large enough for my bedding, and jeans are one at a time. But its perfect in other ways, like, I have dust mite allergies and Ive found that washing my pillow cases every other day has eased my allergies considerably!

Yeah, as you can tell - Im really happy with this thing! :headbang:

• GNFNR 2

13 hours ago, Zoot said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d4283094574475832

I've missed you ladies! I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

:wow:

YOU ARE ALIVE!!! looooooooooooool :lol:
Good to see you back, Zoot, you are the real deal! :hug:

8 hours ago, soon said:

Im very thankful that you turned me onto this minimalism stuff. Simple living and border line asceticism has appealed to me over the years. The minimalist stuff on yt is really practical advice, so its easy to act on. Im lucky to live near a zero waste grocer! Now I only own tank tops for shirts... like 20 tank tops but its a start, lol Hand washing some of my clothes is a very meditative activity too. I love that.

Awww, Im so glad I did something good for you !:dance:

Most people who turn to minimalism have a sad and ugly past of extreme consumerism :unsure:, in my case, it borders hoarding :cry: and it all derives from a mental state of anxiety and stress. I wasn't one to buy loads of clothes or shoes, it was about (and it still is sometimes) getting obsessed with activities or things, like... make-up, tupperware, books, music, movies, shampoos, silverware, anything. I have periods of being obsessed with a certain topic and then I have to go and get all about it :facepalm:. At the same time, all these posesions gave me even more stress and anxiety. So it is a neverending cycle of buying stuff, new things, getting sad, throw them away and the cycle begins once again....... until I discovered minimalism and mindfulness.... and that was the beginning of my path to healing :heart:

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks killuridols! :D I love the minimalist idea and I am loosely living with it a few years now. Also because I don’t like stuff standing around and I like to see walls and space. So I don’t have too much furniture or stuff sitting around.

I don’t have a huge wardrobe, but to be honest, I so wouldn’t mind! I love fashion and I love expressing things with it. Either the jeans and a tee expression as well other things. You know? So if I could I wouldn’t have capsule wardrobe but I do at the moment.  I got rid of a lot of things because I kept changing my weight due to my pregnancies. lol. Now I would fit into my old things again but it is 10 years later anyway. So what I’m saying is, I don’t have much to wear at the moment because either it’s old and too big or - I don’t have it yet. lol  So I guess I’m capsule wardrobing out of not being able to buy things at once. :)

It takes a long time to realize what's going on inside us when we are hoarders or people who spend a lot in useless shit..... Changing bad habits it is a long process of realization, adaptation, frustration, failure and resilience.

What you say about expressing yourself through fashion, I totally get it! That's why I own loads of clothes that make no sense, or they don't combine. With minimalism, I learned that you can express yourself as well, but you also have to be honest with yourself.... do you REALLY like everything you have? Do you REALLY wear all of the items you collect? Or do you buy clothes just to collect them?

For example, why have I collected GN'R tshirts? :lol: They are horrible and I wear them only for GN'R shows (which happens once in 20 years! :rofl-lol:)..... I need to reduce all of that and leave just one or two shirts. I don't need more than that and Im even thinking if I need a GN'R shirt at all! :shrugs:

So, the point is.... minimalism tells you that you should LOVE/ADORE every item you own, if you don't then you don't need it and it won't make you happy.

I did this exercise of checking up on all the items at home.... Do I love this mug? Why do I have 10 different mugs when I use only one for my daily coffe or tea? :shrugs:
I came to the conclusion that I love/adore only 3 mugs out of the 10 that I have: one that was given to me by my dear friend, another one that I bought myself because I fell in love with it when I saw it and I still love it, and the other one made by a fabulous artist from my country, I love the drawing. All the rest are MEH to me and I dont use them. So.... they have to go.

As for your clothes, that's great if you are now buying one item at a time, because that's the thing, that's the minimalism philosophy. Buying in bulk wastes your money, you have to make conscious choices. Your new wardrobe might take 2 or 3 years to complete, but by the end of the journey you will adore all of your clothes, you won't have second thoughts on them and they will last for a long time.

4 hours ago, soon said:

I learned about it in one of the minimalism videos that @killuridols showed me. I like it primarily for ecological reasons, using no electricity, less water and way less detergent. I can get a small jar of concentrated wash liquid for $1 at the zero waste store and with the small drop needed to do a load it will last me months - huge savings! It saves me money that Id otherwise spend at the laundromat, too. And I like that it saves me the trip to the laundromat. Its gentler on the clothes too.

I have not been able to find this bag in my country yet :no: but it is one thing that I'D love to have...... In order to not waste water, electricity and soap, I have to wait for a week to collect all the dirty clothes and wash them all at once, but for that, I need MORE CLOTHES!! :wacko: See? That's the trap, so I either own a few items or I have to do more than one laundry during the week, which derives into a bigger bill of water & energy.

Anyway, since I became a minimalist, I dont waste money in plastic bags or plastic in general. I replaced household items for either wood or glass materials. Reduced my make-up items, shampoo bottles, I use bamboo toothbrush, and in general everytime I face a new purchase I take the time to analyze if I really need it and if I do, what's the best quality I can get for that item so it makes it durable and noble for a long time.

-----

For anyone who wants to join the Minimalism philosofy of life, I can recommend you the book by Dominique Loreau: "L'art de la simplicité" (How to live more with less). Even though it is oriented to women, I think anyone can read it because the essence of it applies to any human being. It is a book that helps you open your eyes about why you're struggling with your posessions, your anxiety, and explores the soul to the deepest levels.

I love it. It is written in a simple way, always to the point, you can finish it in 2 or 3 nights.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I’m glad you overcame your life of hoarding things. I’ve never done that which is why I don’t go and just buy a lot of cheap new clothes. Anyway,  I guess hoarding is about deciding to let go and to say „goodbye“? That’s what my armchair psychology makes out of it. Fear of regret, of feeling alone, making the wrong choices. I totally get that and I think it’s very relatable. Of course, it is not the things and stuff that we need, right? I’m sure it takes some realization to be able to let go of things.

I’ve never been a hoarder. The only thing that I don’t need but cannot say goodbye to is my kids baby clothes. There’s only a bag for each of them, I started off with 3 bags each. lol. But I was able to give it away year after year. I’ll keep those few selected items and maybe maybe will see them on their babies one day. (Which makes me dizzy to even think of but I guess this is why I keep it. Also because I’m nostalgic and sentimental. :D )

So yeah, how did we start this? Izzy! I can imagine him very well to be more on the minimalistic side. I’m sure he owns a lot of more clothes than I do. But for a rockstar I think he lives somewhat profane. lol

• Like 1

First post, so I have no idea where to post it - but I'm a woman, so this seems suitable :D
I've only watched a handful of UYI tour shots (full concerts), the ones I could get my hands on easily. Noticed that during band introductions Axl goes something like Gilby/Duff/Dizzy/Matt - and then there's a drum solo - did he introduce Slash at that time? I remember watching some (earlier? not sure) stuff where there's separate "half man, half beast" introduction, then guitar solo, but none of that in the stuff I've seen recently (except ocassional vid from usenet I'm watching them on YT, so they might be incomplete)

Edited by Cass
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cass said:

First post, so I have no idea where to post it - but I'm a woman, so this seems suitable :D
I've only watched a handful of UYI tour shots (full concerts), the ones I could get my hands on easily. Noticed that during band introductions Axl goes something like Gilby/Duff/Dizzy/Matt - and then there's a drum solo - did he introduce Slash at that time? I remember watching some (earlier? not sure) stuff where there's separate "half man, half beast" introduction, then guitar solo, but none of that in the stuff I've seen recently (except ocassional vid from usenet I'm watching them on YT, so they might be incomplete)

I don't think he introduced him during the UYI tour. Slash would just join in on the drum and bass solo.

• Like 1