General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

I know saw the news this morning. I was shocked! I had heard Jackie wanted to retire but having cancer? She looked amazing on the episodes for Willow's wedding. I hope the writer's strike ends soon, so GH can honor her. I wonder if Tony Geary will attend her real funeral and maybe film an episode for her. But I guess since Luke is dead that's out. Very sad indeed. My mom has been watching GH for a long time and remembers Bobbie coming on an causing trouble for Luke and Laura. And then Luke came on! The rest was history.

I'm sure everyone on GH is in shock too. Hate it. Now nurse Bobbie Spencer will join the others on the GH wall. Very sad indeed.

Tony did a statement on Jackie as well as so many other co-stars past and present like Rick Springfield and John Stamos. Just shows you what kind of impact she touched on people's lives. A kind, warm vibrant lady who is gone much too soon. Her last scene was on Willow's wedding day. :(

I know I read them. It's nice to know Jackie was a kind lady. I still can't believe she's gone. Very sad. I hope GH can do a good memorial for her. Not sure about the writer's strike effecting the soaps. I know they are about 3 or more months ahead, depending on the soap.

the Dallas paper had an article on her today. that was nice. She was on GH a long time.

• Like 1

I know. First I read she was taking time off due to a car accident and being replaced for a bit. then it came out she got a DUI. This is really serious.  I'm shocked by this. I mean come on. If you're driving drunk or had some drinks call a car service. What a mess this is? I mean her character Molly would be disappointed too. 

I really wish Bold would get rid of Sheila once and for all. She had Finn visit her, but he told her that's it. But you know this woman will try something. It's getting old now. Same for Brooke, Taylor and Ridge. Someone told me when they're filming in Rome, Brooke and Ridge are kissing and he asks her to marry him. You know she'll say yes. I say they need to test Taylor and Bill. or honestly get rid of Taylor too. lol

And how many times can Liam say the same shit. lol

I think Holly (Emma) is leaving GH. She lives in England and I think has gone back. Maybe Robert and Diane will have a chance?

Did you see during GH the other day, they had a small segment in honor of Jackie Zeman. I guess with the writer's strike who knows when they can have her dying on the show. Also the daytime Emmys have been postponed.

This is serious. People online were saying that Tyler was fired for far less so we will see what GH says or does. Nancy was like don't forget your compassion and people were like yeah no, that goes out the window when you make the choice to get behind the wheel DRUNK. 

and yeah Bold does go on location sometimes which is pretty cool. No way GH would pay for that. But I should not complain too much because at least GH is still on the air!

As far as Liam, he can definitely talk that same shit over and over again lol.

I saw GH but did see that Jackie segment? Strange. Just Cody threatening to run around the set naked if they didn't stop that fake baby from crying in Sasha's ear. :lol:

Awww, I  know how you hate the heat. Stay inside with the AC! 

I am really surprised that GH has remained silent about this whole issue. They will need to address it as far as if she is fired or not. I mean they already have her sub and if she does well maybe they will let her be the permanent Molly. Who knows? And now Christina is gone now too! Oy.

I bet GH told Haley to go to rehab and they would hold her job for her. Everyone makes mistakes and thank goondness she didn't kill or hurt anyone. Next time she will know better. Especially now that possibly Molly might get a good story line. I've known women with the endo disease and they have had kids. It would be cool to see if Molly can have a baby or maybe adopt or use a surrogate that would be a good story.

Well, the actress playing the new Krissy was on Days and I didn't like her so we'll see. Maybe she'll do this part better. I think she might appear this week.

Yeah, I do stay in most of the time when it is hot. the humidity kills me. lol

Ok, this anticipation of whether or not Hope and Thomas are going to kiss is getting to me lol! Just DO IT already! :lol:

These soaps just love to drag out everything....

How come you didn't like the actress that is going to be playing Kristina? Was she an annoying character or is she just not a good actress?

As far as for Haley, GH should fire her because it is not fair that Tyler and other actors were let go or not brought back because of alcohol related incidents. No special treatment.

I thought the actress sucked as Abby, but I did see her today and she seemed okay for now as Krissy. We shall see if she gets an actual story?

Well,  with all the complaining Liam is doing, Hope might actually act on her feelings for Thomas. lol

Yeah, the soaps love to drag things out. My mom said during hte Luke and Laura days, GH dragged it out for over a year before laura and Luke actually got together for real. lol

I was hoping Rena would come back as Lois and maybe Tyler as Nick, but who knows?  And I hope Sonny finds out about Nina so they don't get married. lol

This whole Curtis, Portia and Jordan story has to end too. Make up your mind man. lol

Would they actually arrest Carly and Drew? I hope not, but who knows? Holly is gone now. Not surprised since she lives in the UK.

So its only been 2 days but yeah, I can definitely see this new actress as Krissy. But the temporary or possibly new Molly, no just no.....horrible recast.

And now pouty Liam knows. Bet Hope will deny her feelings for Thomas cause that is what she does. Either way though, things will get ugly inevitably! 

I wanted to punch Liam in the face today. What a baby! I can't stand him anymore. Guess we'll see what happens? Steffy should have kept her mouth shut. lol

And Nina! i know you like her but honestly, I want her to be found out soon. I hope it's either Liv or Diane who finds out. She's really a bitch to try to keep Carly in jail and away from her and Sonny. What is wrong with her?  Actually yeah the new Krissy is better than she was on Days of our lives. The replacement for Molly is trying to be exactly like her but it's not working. it must be weird for the other actors to deal with a new actor too.

hope Willow's treatment works. We need to move on from some of these storylnes. how long do you think it'll be before Portia finds out that Curtis and Jordan kissed and almost had sex? lol

And the actress playing Sasha is having a wonderful pregnancy because she looks amazing.

Have a good weekend. School is over for the summer here. Not sure what to do with my daughter? lol

Ha, yeah Liam is known for his excessive daily whining and now that he thinks Hope has feelings for Thomas, it's going to get worse if you and believe it! And Steffy has a big mouth, she can never keep a secret. Sometimes it is a good thing and other times, not so much.

I think Portia will find out about the kiss sooner or later because Jordan is honest and yeah some things she doesn't tell but this I think will be too hard for her to keep quiet....especially since we know she wants him. Bad.

Enjoy your weekend. Mine is quiet....just staying home. The weather sucks.

Edited by marlingrl03

I really wish they would find someone new for Taylor. I do think Brooke and Ridge are a better match. Just do it. lol

I never felt any chemistry between Portia and Curtis from the start. I wonder who'll they make Trina's dad. 

it's beginning to get very hot here now and I stay in most of the time now. School is out, so no real plans this summer except for concerts but they are at night.

Damn it Tyler! I always held out hope, even if it was just the tiniest bit.....that Tyler could possibly come back. I can't do it anymore what with this news.  This is sooooo very sad! I was thinking that he had kicked this. UGH. :cry:

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2023/05/31/former-days-of-our-lives-and-general-hospital-star-tyler-christopher-arrested-for-public-intoxication#comments

I know feel the same way. I loved him as Nicholas. I was so hoping he would come back. What the hell? I thought he was doing well. Damn it. Now GH will never hire him back. I guess if we see Nick anymore it'll be the other guy. I saw the preview and Mason is back messing with Austin and Ava again. 

I also read that Gladys is going to tell Selena about the video and she will hack into Michael's phone. This will be Joss is fault since she can' t let it go. If Sonny goes to jail or worse that's the end of him and Nina.  I bet it's Selena who is behind trying to kill Sonny. I also think she changed the DNA results to make Curtis Trina's dad. I think this is a a lie. 

As for Bold, you know Brooke and Ridge are getting back together once they are in Italy. Honestly, Taylor is being a bitch and so is Steffy. lol

I agree! I am #teambrooke. For a psychiatrist Taylor sure knows what to do to people to cause mental anguish. I mean Brooke was very betrayed and rightfully so! Taylor is a doublecrossing snake! No shame with that one.

And yeah this whole video fiasco is one hot mess and poor Ned. I feel sorry for him but at least Olivia finally believes him thank goodness cause Sonny wanted to take him down right there at the pool. Oy.

Well, pretty sure Brooke and Ridge will be together once they get to Italy. Taylor isn't right for Ridge. He and Brooke are boring to they are a perfect match. lol

My mom went to our eye doctor yesterday and he was in Alaska last week on a cruise and did some fishing. He said he was freezing. lol It was int he 40's. come on doc. Anyway, he loves it and will probably go back. Lucky him. The only thing he didn't like was the 6 hours od daylight. Oh well.

Yeah, I love that Liz believes Ned now. I saw the coming attractions and it seems the goverenment if asking Martin who told on Carly and Drew. bye bye Nina. lol

Um, we have over 12 hours of daylight! Not sure what he is talking about haha. 6 hours is in the dead of winter like December! Maybe he felt it was dark cause of the clouds....but no, we still got like 12 hours of light. and yeah this summer so far has sucked ass! and after such an awful winter too. Looking forward to going to Mexico this Sept to see my dad and get some SUN! :shades:

Maybe he was drunk. lol Anyway, 12 hours is good.

Well, we know it's a matter of time before Ridge and Brooke are together. To me they are boring so they deserve each other. lol

Anyway, I would take 40's and 50's over 90;s and 100 s. Already into the 90's. Not a heat person. I stay in most of the time. Glad I can work from home these. Even driving witht he a/c is still too hot.

Yeah, it is looking that way for Brooke and Ridge....BUT we all know that Taylor wants him, so here we go again with these two ladies fighting over him. This trio has been happening for like 30 years.

It will never end lol.  You just gotta roll with it cause that is how Bold is.:shrugs:

I do like how Carly smashed the hard drive because she is absolutely right. that is Sonny is jail and no one runs his business, there will be bloodshed. And Carly is divorced from Sonny and no more Jason, so no one else to run the business!

and yeah while I wish we were hotter, we have had hot summers with wildfires, the ones that make the city look like the East coast right now and it's awful. It smells and feels like HELL!

don't like fires . Canada has wild fires now and NYC is a big mess. Looks more like night than day.  These fires can get out of control so quickly. I hope they put them out soon. People are back to wearing masks again because the air is so bad. We humans really mess up our earth.

I know with the soap triangles. so annoying. We all know Brooke and Ridge will be together again. Taylor better find another man.  And Liam. God.  He is such a pain in the ass with always the same shit about Thomas.  He will be the one to drive Hope into Thomas's arms. I'm sure of it. It's nice not to see Sheila much. she really needs to go to an out of stage prison. lol

Yeah, Carly and Sonny will always protect each other and it's true if he went to jail it would be open season on PC and all of them. I hope Dex and Michael together. And Joss has to keep her nose out of it.

Now that Ned knows about Nina, what will happen? Today's episode had me screaming. When the truth comes out about Nina she and Sonny will be over and the whole town will be against her. she's really a bitch after today. Damn it. GH better not do anything stupid to another character.

Did you hear the actor from All My Children is coming to GH as his character Jackson. Did you ever watch AMC? He was also married to Erica Kane too. lol

I did read that about that AMC fellow. And no I never really watched that but was a OLTL gal. Did you watch AMC? What is his character?

Poor Ned! Man has gone through a lot. Geez. But yeah once Sonny finds out about Nina she will really see his angry side. Watch out....

And yeah Liam is just a constant record and she is still daydreaming about Thomas. Oy. And what, they make actors work now with layrngitis? Listening to Taylor was brutal lol.

Edited by marlingrl03

My mom used to watch AMC back in the 80's and a little when we first moved down here.  Was very surprised when it was cancelled along with OLTL. He played Jackson Montgomery. He was also married to Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) He had a brother on the show, but I think that actor died.  Anyway, I'm wondering since this character is a lawyer who he will represent? 

Well, GH was a repeat on Friday because of the whole Trump fiasco. Let's see where this goes? lol I know poor Ned. He better not die and Nina just walking away! What a bitch! I do hope Joss stops the whole hate Sonny shit. Tired of it. Dex works for him and likes it, so there you go. 

The actress that plays Molly is being sued by the person she was involved with in her accident. This isn't going to be good for her. She might get fired now. Now she finally gets a good story line and what will happen now?

I know listening to Taylor was brutal. Not good for your voice to talk alot. Also again with Brooke, Ridge and Taylor. Stop it already! Liam is just a whinny little bitch.  Maybe if he didn't constantly go on and on about Thomas, things would die down. Sick of it too. Where are all the other characters? Flo is gone and Wyatt never even mentions her? Are they still engaged? She was working at Forrester, but not anymore. That's crazy.

It's is brutally hot here now. Stay indoors most of the time. You can't breath if you're out too much.

I saw Alaska is in the 50's. Enjoy it.