General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

Thank-you so much for your comforting words. 

All of us children feel so much guilt like I should have visited him more, but I like I told my brother it is human nature to feel that way. And we think we have more time, but you just never know. 

So tell your loved ones you love them and live each day to the fullest. 

I arrived home yesterday and am all caught up on the soaps. They always make me happy. :)

But yeah, me and my two brothers will have to go back to Mexico in late October so we can handle all the properties left in my dad's will. And I don't have a Mexican passport. So that will be the number one priority!

I know it's hard to lose a loved one.  It's true to tell the people you love how much you love them. Like you we are in Texas and my grandparents were in NY. My mom feels that if we still lived there they would have gotten better care, but who knows?

Life isn't fair to us, but we have to go on and remember the good times.  I agree watching our soaps and other shows does help.  They have problems we will never have. lol

I guess we take comfort in knowing our loved ones are not suffering anymore. 

I'm glad you have your brothers to help you through this and help you with your dad's affairs.

I'm sure your cats are happy you are back home. 

Take care and remember we will always have our memories and eventually they will make us smile again.

• Thanks 1

So....I'm sure you heard the exciting news about Rena coming back to GH? This time it seems pretty true! Of course right when Olivia is falling for Eddie. Another triangle in the works!

And oh boy, were those scenes between Hope and Thomas HOT! Man oh man, they have such amazing chemistry those 2.

And on Days, I can't believe Sean kissed that girl. Ewww. No.

Shawn will probably sleep with her today.  He is a dummy these days. I read the actress that plays Belle is leaving so their marriage will probably be over soon.

I know Thomas and Hope are super hot.  i really don't like that Ridge is being so mean to his dad. I mean Eric's working with RJ is very cool and from what I see the designs are amazing. What is wrong with him? lol

Oh yeah, it's true about Lois (Rena) coming back to GH. My mom remembers when Lois was married to Eddie (Ned) and they had Brooklyn. This should be very cool. I feel badly for Lucy but stupid Martin is the one who has gotten her in trouble. I hope this doesn't end their company and then Lucy is off the show. I love her.

Well, we will be back into the 90's again.  I don't get happy until around NOvember. lol

Have a good weekend. Enjoy time with your cats. It's a proven fact they do help humans feel better when you pet them.

Omg, I am sure you heard about Billy Miller. Passed away so young just 2 days before his birthday. So, so sad. I guess he had something called PSP, a neurodegenerative disorder which most likely caused the stroke they said that he had. My father died of a neuromuscular disorder...all of these are the most cruelest ways to go. I feel so sorry for his family. :no: Awful.

I know I was shocked. I was hoping he would come back to GH as Jason one day. So sad and not fair. He's gone too soon.

I think that no matter how a person dies whether it's slowly from an illness or quickly, it sucks.  

We have to grieve in our own time line.  The loss of a loved one stays with you, but we learn to cope. I guess it's part of being human.  I still feel the loss sometimes of my grandparents. I was very close with them. I guess we learn to live with it, but it never leaves me.

My mom always says it sucks no matter how a person passes away.  We keep their memories alive and always feel the love. 

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think that no matter how a person dies whether it's slowly from an illness or quickly, it sucks.  

It does suck but hurts and sucks FAR WORSE when slowly from an illness. Especially like ALS. I am still thinking nonstop about how my dad went downhill before my very own eyes....it would hurt to lose him anyway, but knowing how he suffered KILLS me and consumes my everyday thoughts. It is hard to watch this storyline on GH but I know they won't show how ugly it can truly get.  :(

So for me I would have absolutely preferred that he did not have to suffer the past year. Neuro disorders are the most cruelest ways to go. Like for real. My dad loved to talk and cook/eat and ALS took that away from him. Fuck ALS.

And I guess Billy died from ending his own life due to manic depression/Bipolar and not PSP? Guess it shows that you can't always trust what you read online. But how tragic either way. Just so very young..#ripbillyboy

Edited by marlingrl03

I know when I see Gregory on GH I have been thinking of your dad. It does suck to see our loved ones suffer. Sometimes I wonder why? I know we're human, but why all the suffering. It's just not fair to take away a person's life like that.

Yeah, I read a message from Billly's mom and I think he did commit suicide. So sad. I wonder if he was on meds. My grandma was manic depressive and was on pills most of her life. it did help her a lot. I know some people don't like to take drugs. She also went for therapy too.

Therapy and meds go hand and hand for bi polar illness. There are so many drugs out there today to help a person. Whatever the reason, I feel terrible about Billy. Wish he could have gotten the help he needed.

Right now your pain is fresh and I know it'll take time for it to ease up.  Take all the time you need because you will go through many emotions before you can feel somewhat normal. If we feel normal after a death. I know I don't. My mom doesn't. It's the part of life we hate the most. Losing someone and not having them with us anymore SUCKS big time.

I'm thinking about you .  I'm glad you have your family and friends to help you cope.  We all go through grief in our own ways, so do what you feel is right for you.

• Thanks 1

Thank-you for your kind comforting words, it means a lot. <3 

But yeah, my dad did not understand all that was happening to him, what ALS does. He would shrug his shoulders and have tears in his eyes. He had NO health issues for 75 years and bam, it started slowly with some weight loss and a change in his voice to the past 5 months where more severe symptoms set it. I am thankful he did not get it till 75, unlike other people who got it in their 50's ( like Sandra Bullocks partner) but damn, I wish that he had lived another 10 years. :( Most of the doctors we saw brushed off his symptoms like the weight loss because otherwise we would have known it was ALS sooner...

He is the first person close to me to have passed away so all these feelings are new to me. But like you said, it takes time and having my 2 brothers there for support is literally everything. We are all very close. And I will see them again in 5 weeks when we all have to go back to Mexico to finish some things for my dad's estate/will.

Yeah, it helps to have family to be with at times like this. I've lost a lot of family members. it never gets easier but we do learn to cope.

It's all we can do. I understand wanting more time. My poppy was 85 and my grandma was 77, but it felt like they went so fast. When we first moved to Texas from NY it was horrible especially the holidays. The holidays are still hard. My mom says if it weren't for my daughter, she probably skip the holidays.  Like I said we learn to cope, but missing our loved ones never goes away. After awhile you remember the good times and smile and laugh. My poppy was so funny and my mom remembers him making her laugh so much.  Whatever you feel you need to go with it.  Grief has many feelings to get through and it will hurt but you will get through it.

My mom and I are still feeling so badly for Billy I was wondering if he was on medication for his bi polar? Some people don't like to take meds and sometimes they get bad side effects.  Just wish he could have gotten the help he needed. I guess he's at peace now, but he's gone too soon.

I know you have your cats and believe me they will know how you're feeling so take the time to pet them and love them and you will get it all back from them. My cats were like that and so was my moms. Pets are a great comfort to us humans when we need it.

Oh precious. The white face one looks like my mom's cat Pookie. He passed away. But when she was going through breast cancer surgery he would lay next to her in bed at night. She misses him so much. He had her heart.

I have my Rocket who is an orange tabby too. he's a chubby guy. I lost my two other cats a year apart. it's so hard losing pets too.

They are the best comfort always. No matter what people think cats feel your emotions like no other animal.  Love having them around me all the time. It's a proved fact that petting your cats calms them and you too. 

So glad you have them being there for you. I know my mom loves her cats and I love mine too. I don't think I could ever be without at least one cat with me.

On 9/21/2023 at 11:26 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I have my Rocket who is an orange tabby too. he's a chubby guy. I lost my two other cats a year apart. it's so hard losing pets too.

They are the best comfort always. No matter what people think cats feel your emotions like no other animal.  Love having them around me all the time. It's a proved fact that petting your cats calms them and you too. 

So glad you have them being there for you. I know my mom loves her cats and I love mine too. I don't think I could ever be without at least one cat with me.

Oh it is absolutely very difficult to lose a beloved pet. I lost my Sadie cat back in 2017 due to end stage kidney failure/disease. So very hard.

And then a year later I adopted these two boys from two different foster agencies. They get along fairly well and act like brothers. Since I travel a lot I am glad they have each other for company. Makes me feel a bit better but I try to only be gone a week when I do leave. Like I have to go back to Mexico in a month and then 3 weeks later I see Depeche Mode in SLC then spend Thanksgiving with my mom. After that I will stay home for a bit. Traveling by plane is so tiring! Especially the older I get.  

And I did read about John's plight but it looks like they found a match which is wonderful news. It is crazy how what he is going through is just like Willows storyline. 

Oh, we've lost many cats to kidney disease. We also had to give a few cats fluids for a while. That was hard but we did it, my mom and me. They are our babies so we do what we can. My mom also had a cat with diabetes. That was so hard. We hate to see them suffer and putting them to sleep is harder, but we do it together. We never cried so much.  My mom's cats don't get along at all. lol And with my brother's dog in the mix. One cat stays in my mom's bedroom all day and the dog roams around. Ollie the male kitten goes whereever and sometimes he and Fonz, the dog get along and other times they run through the rooms like crazies. lol

I just have Rocket now. He seems to like being our baby, but we miss Bob and Lulu so much. They were like brother and sister. Animals give us so much love and losing them is so hard.

Yeah, so happy for John. I've always liked him. Hope it works out for him.

Well, you do have friends who come in to care for your cats when you're gone.  Cats are very independent and take care of themselves as long as you have a litter box and food they are good.

It's good you get to see your family during the holidays. We don't get to do that. We did go up every summer to see my grandparents and cousins, but since my grandparents died we don't visit anymore and none of them think to come down here. Oh well, what can you do. We get older and everyone has their own lives.

Take the time you need to mourn your dad. I know it's hard. I wish I could say it gets easier, it does some days, but you always miss those you lose, but the love is always there. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I gave Sadie fluid for 2 years....I wasn't sure I could do it at first but you do what you have to do for your beloved pets. Even with that treatment, she still died young at age 14. I have never had a cat live past 14. My boys are already 6/7 and I would love if they live to 20. Fingers crossed. 

My Barley loves his wet food so when the petsitter comes, she gives it to him.  He loves people,.his brother Quinn the ginger not so much. Tina never sees him so it is like she is just caring for one cat instead of 2 haha.

You are right about the love always being there. When I talked to my mom about my dad this past weekend she and I both shed tears despite them being divorced because she feels what we feel and all 3 of us kids were so close to him, that it is just incredibly hard.  Taking it one day at a time..

But what helps is my soaps! That Li is on fire! I think she even got performer of the week. I do like Finn but he needs to really man up and cut Sheila out of his life like the cancer she is...

And I don't know how to feel about Charlotte being all evil against Anna. She will be so hurt and shocked when she finds out it was her! 

Oh and Days is heating up with all these secrets coming out like Xander finding out that he is Sarah's baby daddy. I love it!

I know Sheila has to go, but Deacon is a moron. lol I don't like Ridge telllilng Eric he can't do a line. Come on!

Yeah, Sarah didn't tell Xander about the baby because Xander hasn't always been a good guy. 

And wait until you see Sasha tell off Gladys. Still want Gladys to go to jail or leave town. Have had enough of her.

I know it seems no matter how old our cats are when they pass it doesn't seem like enough time. it goes by too quickly for them.

I know my grandparents were divorced but still lived together in their old age and they did still love each other.  My grandma said it was the worse pain when my poppy passed. When you are together for so many years even if you get on each other's nerves there's still loved.   It's good you can cry with your mom. You do what you feel you need to do. Grief is something you need to go through in your own time. Not liking it, but that's the way it is.

Yeah watching soaps can give your mind a rest for a bit.  And pets too. Their love is like no other. Love how they just love us.

Deacon broke up with Sheila for what....an hour? Stupid, stupid, stupid...his ass will get caught with her. Mark my words. 

And wtf GH? Another new Molly AND you put Sasha back in Ferncliff? I just can't. :facepalm: Gladys and that evil doc need to be held accountable. I did like the Trina/Spencer scenes....they looked great. I have been to NYC twice. Such a fun city, can't wait to go back. My mom fell in love with it too.

Yeah my mom and dad worked in Manhattan after high school. I worked there a while too. 

My mom would love going to the city on the weekend and just walking around or seeing a movie or a concert. it's a lot different than the 70's lol.

I know Sheila will be Deacon's downfall. When she calls him daddy I want to throw up. Now they're saying Hope may have a split personality. lol what's with Brooke and Taylor. Leave Thomas and Hope be. Let them have fun. 

Well, I'm hoping they are setting up Dr. M to catch him trying to kill Sasha. I hope that's it and she's not back in Ferncliff. That would suck. I know Sonny gets a hold of Gladys on Monday. GH isn't on Tues, wed and Thursday. Baseball play offs? Why in the daytime? This sucks. Lois (Rena) comes on October 10. I hope so. I do love Olivia and Ned/Eddie, but with Lois coming back. At least she and Liv know each other from Brooklyn. This will be interesting. I'm hoping the original Molly will come back.  She needs a second chance. She was the best Molly.

Have a good weekend. Dallas is hot yet again.

ok what has Deacon been smoking? He breaks up with Sheila for like an hour, gets back together with her and then pops the question? Oh yeah, that is going to go over really well with Hope and Brooke and the whole rest of the world lol! Soooooo stupid.

But at least I am excited about Lois coming back on GH since I like Rena and I have never seen her in this role before...and that was awesome with both Sam and Sonny confronting Gladys. Sonny will see right through her bullshit.

and wow, Marlena confronting Thalia about sleeping with Shawn. Um awkward. :lol:

my mom said Lois was awesome back in the day. She and Ned were married, but he was Eddie to her and Ned was married to another woman at the same time. lol The actress plays Kayla on Days. Anyway, she was something. This is going to be very confusing when Lois comes back and Olivia and her are friends. Brooklyn is Lois and Ned's daughter too. Can't wait for next week.

Yeah, Days is getting crazy again. Belle is leaving the show, so she will be leaving Shawn again. He's such a moron. I'm glad that Maggie is being taken care of. I read that Alex will take over Titan. Let the games begin.

And I agree about Deacon. he will be come a piriah with everyone on Bold now. What a jerk! Sheila will destroy his life for sure. 

And what is wrong with Eric? I hope they don't give him dementia. That would suck, but not sure what is wrong with him? Guess we'll find out.

GH isn't on today, Wed or Thursday due to baseball. This sucks. I want to know what Sonny is going to do with Gladys and who is saving Sasha from that horrible doctor?

Is Chloe leaving the show too? because now she has left Xander, who btw is one handsome guy! and with an accent....

and Eric....well it is definitely more than dementia! Coughing up blood, Oh holy hell, that is not good! Poor Donna, she is going to be sad about this....her honey bear is not well.

I know I hope Eric isn't that ill and can get care for whatever he has? He does need to tell his family though. But Ridge better be more understanding of his dad.

yeah, Chloe and Phillip who were an item since high school, are leaving the show together. They come and go from time to time.

finally GH was new today. Sonny took care of Gladys and if she's smart she will obey him. lol

I do hope the whole Cyrus, Mason thing goes away soon. Tired of it now. Loved the scenes with Trina and Spencer. I wonder if they will replace him while he's filming that other show or just make him go away for a while? Guess we'll find out.

Can't wait to see everyone's faces when they find out Deacon and Sheila are engaged. lol The net has hinted we may see a new Sheila. Until Finn tells her to go away again and she'll be back to her insane self. lol

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Lois comes back to GH on October 10. Can't wait.

Enjoy your weekend. We are getting fall weather. So happy about that.

https://tvline.com/news/rena-sofer-returns-general-hospital-lois-first-scene-episode-video-date-1235055905/?fbclid=IwAR1rSLYQRxcAkIAr8f5gObFrG__xoa6bzwKBzwKW0dCPWys9tlOI-0WYszk

and maybe Eric won't die because supposedly the actor just signed a 3 year contract! :o