General Hospital and Other Soap Talk

42 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I did catch Michelle on the Young and the restless. She didn't miss a beat!

No she certainly did not! She plays the role of Phyllis so well! The way she talks, her gestures and her little smirk/smile. She got it down pat! 

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

No she certainly did not! She plays the role of Phyllis so well! The way she talks, her gestures and her little smirk/smile. She got it down pat! 

I still think she was a better Nina. The role was made for her too. I honestly don't see any chemistry with this new Nina and Jax and I know there was a hint there would be something going on with them. Maybe I just have to get used to this new Nina?

I can't stand Shiloh anymore. I can't wait until the baby's paternity comes out so he can realize he doesn't have any claim on Wylie. I will feel badly for Willow, but then she will know the baby is dead. Brad better keep his mouth shut about Wylie too, so Nell doesn't get involved.

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I still think she was a better Nina. The role was made for her too. I honestly don't see any chemistry with this new Nina and Jax and I know there was a hint there would be something going on with them. Maybe I just have to get used to this new Nina?

I can't stand Shiloh anymore. I can't wait until the baby's paternity comes out so he can realize he doesn't have any claim on Wylie. I will feel badly for Willow, but then she will know the baby is dead. Brad better keep his mouth shut about Wylie too, so Nell doesn't get involved.

I agree with you there. Michelle is just that amazing that no one can play Nina or Phyllis better than her. I am trying to be patient with this new Nina but so far she is a yawn and no chemistry at all with either Jax or Valentin!

And Shiloh is a pig. Just so damn disgusting! He needs to get what is coming to him!

God! I just can't stand Shiloh and Brad is just making things worse. I can't wait for the truth to come out. I'm tired of this storyline now.

Damn that dirty cop in Beaches Corners. I hope Jason kicks his ass.

Kim is losing her mind. I hope she gets help.

Okay Bobbie has Type 2 diabetes. Lots of older people get it and deal with it. My granddad had it and my mom does too. She watches her diet and exercises and takes her meds and goes on with her life. GH is telling you every horrible thing that can happen with this disease instead of looking on the good side and knowing thousands of people deal with it everyday just fine. I guss they have to be very dramatic about it. lol Whatever!

My mom has dealt with cancer and now this and she never lets it get her down nor does she bitch and moan about it. Deal with shit life throws at you and get on with your life instead of thinking what if?

Sorry, but sometimes people bitching and moaning just annoys me. lol

I'm glad Bobbie is back on GH and with her son and daughter, but you know once this Wylie story ends, we probably won't see Lucas or Brad anymore.

Speaking of which, where is the transgender doctor? I'm sure she has other patients that we can see her with. I wish GH would explore this storyline since it's very important in today's world.

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I agree with you there. Michelle is just that amazing that no one can play Nina or Phyllis better than her. I am trying to be patient with this new Nina but so far she is a yawn and no chemistry at all with either Jax or Valentin!

And Shiloh is a pig. Just so damn disgusting! He needs to get what is coming to him!

Yeah, I'm just not feeling this new Nina's chemistry with either Valentin or Jax and it would have been awesome with Michele. 

Nina's character was written for Michele, so it'll be hard to get used to someone new. Maybe if she doesn't work out, GH will get someone else? It's happened before with Carly and Michael.

Oh that cop was awful! Just as smug as Shiloh- two peas in a pod! I hope Jason gets out of there quick and gets his ass fired!

And yeah about the diabetes. My grandmother had it and may have died from complications from that (had to have her foot amputated) BUT it was kind of her own doing and I hate saying that but she was overweight and ate whatever she wanted. You just can not do that with diabetes. She also had breast cancer but my mom is positive she died more from the diabetes. It can be very controllable and liveable and not a death sentence at all if handled properly with the right diet, meds, exercise etc. I think Lucas was telling the worse case scenario cause that is his mom....I do the same thing with my dad who has high blood pressure but wont take any meds for it. :(

I dont know where that transgender doc is. Definitely on a recurring status though!

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Oh that cop was awful! Just as smug as Shiloh- two peas in a pod! I hope Jason gets out of there quick and gets his ass fired!

And yeah about the diabetes. My grandmother had it and may have died from complications from that (had to have her foot amputated) BUT it was kind of her own doing and I hate saying that but she was overweight and ate whatever she wanted. You just can not do that with diabetes. She also had breast cancer but my mom is positive she died more from the diabetes. It can be very controllable and liveable and not a death sentence at all if handled properly with the right diet, meds, exercise etc. I think Lucas was telling the worse case scenario cause that is his mom....I do the same thing with my dad who has high blood pressure but wont take any meds for it. :(

I dont know where that transgender doc is. Definitely on a recurring status though!

Yeah, that cop was terrible. Today was a good episode.

I feel so badly for Kim. I can't imagine losing a child and so tragically as from cancer. I don't know why no one is recommending she talk to Kevin about her feelings or grief counselling too. I hope she doesn't do anything stupid that she can't take back.

Alexis is getting on my nerves with Julian. She's not all the innocent either.

Well, today's episode was more informative on Type 2 diabetes and they even gave a website that helps you out. I just want my mom to live a long time. she's lost weight and exercises for an hour 5 days a week. She's really doing well, but sometimes it's still hard to keep your sugar in check. It just seems the older a person gets, the more shit you have to deal with. lol

I saw the ex Marquex on The young and the restless. So she's playing the daughter of the maid lady. I remember seeing that actress when the older woman was still on the show. She was her maid. What does she do now?

Saw ex Patrick today too. If Billy goes back to TYATR, I wonder if he'll return to GH?  I'm just happy to see them all working.

Yeah I feel really badly for Kim, she is so desperate to have a baby but she is clearly not doing it for the right reasons and am glad that Julian and Drew gently but firmly told her no to that idea. She needs to talk to a professional and I hope she gets help.

It was awesome to see Epiphany, she really is such a great character and should be on more. 

I don't think "Patrick" will return to GH, he seems very happy at Y&R.....he's been there awhile now playing Billy. 

So glad Jason and Michael got out of Beachers Corners. I hate that cop. Hope he gets fired. Now that Harmony is arrested, who is the leader of DOD in BC? 

I can't imagine Kim's pain, but she does need to get help. I know it has to be horrible to lose your child and try to find some way to go on. She's doing an excellent job.

I feel so badly for Carly and Sonny now. I hope their baby will be okay. I don't think I could take a baby dying on another soap. It does make for good drama, so if GH goes in that direction, I'm sure everyone will rock it and make us all cry.

Well, I do hope Billy stays on a front burner storyline. There doesn't seem to be enough women for each man on GH. lol We need to bring on more women for Jax and Drew.

I do hope the Wylie story comes to an end soon. Once that DNA test is done, there goes the secret. I just want Shiloh to be put in his place!

Have a great weekend!

Going to see Annabelle Comes Home tomorrow! Can't wait. Love those Conjuring movies!

How was the movie? I want to see the new Childs Play movie but will wait a bit for that.

So one more woman will be coming to GH. Hayden..read its official. But we could still use a few more women that are around Drew's age! 

I think the Wylie storyline will end soon...each episode it gets closer and closer. Can't wait till it is out....this was sure dragged out. Ugh.

Poor Carly and Sonny. I feel so badly for them...I dont know much about spina bifida but Im sure it can be serious. :(

Edited by marlingrl03

Yeah, it's serious for sure. It would be a heartbreaking storyline if the baby is born with it.  

Shiloh thinks he knows who his baby is! LOL can't wait to see his face when he finds out Wylie is not his kid. Willow will be so heartbroken though. I bet somehow Nell will be involved in this too.

I do hope now that Mac is the re-curring Commis he is on a lot. Loved seeing Robert again too. Hope he stays on a lot too. GH needs to keep their core characters. That's why TYATR has stayed number 1 for so long. It keeps it's core characters and keeps them on the front burner. Just having new characters get front storylines it's always a good idea.

Yeah, the new Child's play was very good. It updated the dolls, so it was a good change.

I do love the original one too, but it's nice when you can update a movie, so i really don't consider this one to be a remake.

Annabelle Comes Home was good too.

I loved today's episode! I love seeing Mac and he's playing his new role as he was meant to be. And now his brother Robert is the new DA? Awesome news!!! These veteran actors deserve this...so great. That stupid cop had some nerve. Glad Mac shut that down!

Yeah, now Jason has to stay in a safe house?  Maybe Robert and Mac can shut Shiloh down.

I think Kristina is going to visit Harmony in Jail. Maybe she can talk some sense into her.

The woman who is playing the waitress from BC who took the blame for Shiloh is really the wife of the actor who played Griffin.

I think we saw Hayden's hand today booking a flight to PC. Here we go!

She should be coming back to PC early this week or next week. 

I do hope Liz and Franco's wedding celebration goes well. I loved the banter between him and Scotty today.

God, Bobbie is freaking my mother out talking about all the horrible things that can happen with type 2 diabetes. My mom exercises for an hour a day and watches what she eats most of the time. She does love her sweets, but she is also on Medforom meds, but this whole storyline if bringing her down. She doesn't like to think about the bad stuff. She takes her meds and wants to live a good long life. She doesn't think about what could happen all the time. I think people who dwell and worry are the ones who get sicker. lol

Anyway, GH and most of the soaps will heat up for the summer I'm sure!

Oh no! Awww sorry to hear about your mom and hopefully GH will have Bobbie say how she is managing it just fine in the weeks to come. I dont blame her for not wanting to hear all the negative aspects of having diabetes. Like I said my grandmother had it but she wasnt like your mom in doing what you should do to control it. She did everything you should not do when diabetic. :(

Edited by marlingrl03

Well, when you have any illness it's hard to stay on track. My mom is a big pasta and rice lover, so she has learned to not eat as much or use veggie pasta. It's very hard when you know you can't eat certain foods. It's like you want them more. lol

Well, finally Bobbie said she wasn't dying. lol I was like thank you! I do like her and Scott together. My mom said they were together back in the 80's when Bobbie hated Laurie. lol  I just hope Caryl's baby will be okay.

I do like Neil and I think he and Alexis would make a good couple. Guess time will tell.

Tomorrow's GH is a repeat. Going with my family to see Toy Story 4.

Enjoy your 4th of July.

I had a good 4th but am seriously melting up here. We broke an all time record today and hit 89* ...about the same temp as San Antonio where my brother lives! He at least has AC. Its soooo hot. 89* without AC feels well over 100*. :blink: :(Alaskans are not built for this type of heat. 

Yeah the heat is very bad all over the world these days.

Yeah, I have central a/c and heat. When we would visit NYC and my grandparents didn't have a/c it was brutal. The temps and humidity would be equal. So if it was 98, so was the humidity. You would sweat by standing still.

I couldn't live without central air especially in the summer months in Texas.

We saw Toy Story 4 and just made burgers and fries. 

GH today was very good. Loved seeing Shiloh get told off by multiple people. lol

Today TBS had all day Seinfeld episodes for their 30th anniversary. My mom and I totally love this show. We quote it all the time. lol

I hope it cools down for you guys. Make sure you stay out of the sun and drink tons of water. Maybe get yourself a little pool. I stay in most days in the summer. It's just too hot.

Enjoy your weekend!

My brothers love Seinfeld. I have watched many an episode too of that lol!

Its supposed to cool down Wed...its been a hot hellish 2 weeks. We are NOT built for this and our homes aren't either..our homes are constructed to keep heat in because of our long winters. Its just horrible. 

That was a good GH! Way to make an entrance Hayden and they better not kill Leisel! She's not on a lot but man do I love that crazy broad! Loved seeing Franco and Elizabeth so happy and nice touch for all her boys to sing to them. :heart:

Wait until you see who Hayden is with? Weird. I still say her and Finn's baby is alive. Guess we'll find out.

Today's GH was crazy. Glad Franco and Liz had a mostly good day. lol

Not sure if Kiki's tv show got renewed, but I doubt she'd be able to come back to GH since she was murdered by Ryan. Too bad. Ava is suffering so badly.

I wonder if Dante is coming back to GH? They keep talking about him.

It was crazy...I mean Kim drugging Drew and then almost raping him! WTF GH?!!! Thank god that Julian walked in when he did!

and its nice seeing Bobbie onscreen more but sometimes she annoys me by butting in everyone's business and talking down to them, like she does to Julian. She treats him like shit, poor guy.

Yeah, I like Julian no matter what he's done. Ava too. No one is all bad except maybe for Shiloh. I can't stand him. I'm hoping his storyline is coming to a close. I don't want him on any more.

I wonder if we'll see Bobbie taking her medicine for her Type 2 diabetes. My mom takes 2 pills before dinner. I'd like to know if she'll take the same pills. Not sure how many different pills there are?

Well, it was sad hearing Oscar's will being read. What a shocker about Shiloh, but it seems to have worked out. Thank goodness for Jason.

I still don't see any chemistry between Finn and Hayden and i know that baby is alive somewhere. I don't like her with Jax either!

It's brutally hot here. I went to the store and it felt like being in an oven. Hate the summers in Texas. It's just terrible.

How is Alaska? Has it gotten any cooler? I hope so. I don't know how you can deal with the heat without central a/c. Do you have window units for the heat in the summer?

On 7/10/2019 at 3:37 PM, marlingrl03 said:

It was crazy...I mean Kim drugging Drew and then almost raping him! WTF GH?!!! Thank god that Julian walked in when he did!

and its nice seeing Bobbie onscreen more but sometimes she annoys me by butting in everyone's business and talking down to them, like she does to Julian. She treats him like shit, poor guy.

I know the whole possible rape thing was terrible. I guess they wanted to show how depressed and how much Kim is grieving. Poor thing. I can't imagine losing your only child. How can you make the pain go away? I wouldn't be surprised if her character leaves town soon.

It is *finally* cooler after 2 weeks of hell...so no we dont have window units either...just those cheap standing fans or box fans.

My place was 85* easily....it was so awful I haven't been able to use my oven which has been hard!!!! But yeah my condo was like how you described..an oven. So Hot outside and inside. Only the stores and theatres etc and restaurants have AC, not us people in our homes. :(

Glad your weather has gotten cooler. Wish it were the same for Texas, but no such luck. It seems to get worse every year. I think it's partly due to all our a/c outdoor units, but we definitely need central a/c here or else it would be very horrible.

Well, wait until you see what happened today on GH! God, I really want the whole Shiloh thing to come to an end now. It's just gone on for too long. I can't believe what happened with the DNA results.

I think Valentin pushed Lesal into the water. He's capable of doing that or maybe Brad since he's losing his mind too.

I honestly want GH to either kill Dante off or replace him because it's just holding Lulu back. I did like the guy from the other day. Lulu needs to move on or replace Dante. I mean come on already! If the original actor doesn't want to come back, replace him.

Have a good weekend!