Chad Kroeger: "I can't think of another band as diverse as Nickelback."

James Bond

Nickelback was one of the first bands I actually liked as a teenager. I've seen them live 4 times. Their 03 and 05 releases were really good and had some good songs that didn't make radio. But their last album was shit. Haven't given their newest a chance yet. But for Chad to say what he said is fucking laughable. 

He said diverse though, not great. They remind me of Corrosion of Conformity, they are kind of mediocre but move from trend to trend but never really go postal. Nickelback are the biggest selling rock act of the 00s though. 

On 3 July 2017 at 1:11 PM, Len Cnut said:

How can a band be diverse?  Whats he mean, like, the music they play is a diverse range or...?

I think he means they did a country rap song, they do nu metal songs, they do generic melodic rock, they do gay ballads. I think he's comparing to bands like Fall Out Boy or Bullet for My Valentine, Kings of Leon that kind of stay in their niche. Whereas Nickelback are novelty whores. They change styles in a cheap way. Like Def Leppard or U2, but they aren't as good at it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I think he means they did a country rap song, they do nu metal songs, they do generic melodic rock, they do gay ballads. I think he's comparing to bands like Fall Out Boy or Bullet for My Valentine, Kings of Leon that kind of stay in their niche. Whereas Nickelback are novelty whores. They change styles in a cheap way. Like Def Leppard or U2, but they aren't as good at it. 

I dont think the Arkestra have anything to worry about in the shape of Nickelback :lol:

I was cranking Dark Horse at the pool today. The Ibiza set weren't happy. Always cracks me up. This shitty local pool and everyone thinks it's like a glamor fashion shoot. Then put on some hair metal and start drinking cans out of my cooler. 

On 7/4/2017 at 4:59 AM, wasted said:

:lol: