November Rain: 823 Million YouTube Views

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ghost which is played on some radio stations in Oz as much as GNR.

And I'm sure 90% of rock/hard rock music fans don't even know that song. 

25 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anastasia is a great song that many have compared as a modern Sweet Child of Mine. Slash’s best post GNR riff in my opinion and one that I hear on the radio quite often actually.

It's a cool riff. Again, it's not even close to being as iconic or recognized as any GnR hit. 

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

And I'm sure 90% of rock/hard rock music fans don't even know that song. 

It's a cool riff. Again, it's not even close to being as iconic or recognized as any GnR hit. 

Keep in mind rock music of that genre is maybe a tenth as popular as it was back in the late 80’s. No rock song will ever have the same appeal as a GN’R song released in their prime anyways. For the smaller genre that contains rock music these days, Slash’s songs Anastasia and Ghost were very well received and are played all the damn time on radios. 

I don’t even like Slash’s solo stuff all that much but I’m open to acknowledging pure facts about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ooooh, well, mee-OOW! lol

It's obvious he's just stating his opinion. Personally, I pretty much say whatever I want and cannot be bothered saying "IMO" constantly.

And I'm clearly stating mine. His opinion wreaks of a 17 year old that believes they know it all and have seen it all. See, I can be blunt too. ;)

Those that belittle the hard work of others shouldn't be immune to having their words criticized and belittled as well. It's only fair.

Edited by thunderram
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thunderram said:

And I'm clearly stating mine. His opinion wreaks of a 17 year old that believes they know it all and have seen it all. See, I can be blunt too. ;)

Those that belittle the hard work of others shouldn't be immune to having their words criticized and belittled as well. It's only fair.

You refuse to acknowledge reality and you rationalize "facts" there is no way in hell ANY solo release is or will be as known or popular as a GNR release. Your not blunt, your a baby that's just wants to prove a point that is non existent. None of Slash's releases have or would hold a candle to a GNR release. To the dude who says albums don't sell now, did slash not release his first solo/snakepit album in 95??????? Compare his firstfew releases, singles, none of them have or will do a fraction of what GNR has done. The casual rock fan has no recollection of his material, only you hardcore fans can cite song titles, Slash hasn't been playing stadiums and charting singles at a GNR level. Anything else you would like to add is just delusional at this point and your arguing for the sake of arguing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

You refuse to acknowledge reality and you rationalize "facts" there is no way in hell ANY solo release is or will be as known or popular as a GNR release. Your not blunt, your a baby that's just wants to prove a point that is non existent. None of Slash's releases have or would hold a candle to a GNR release. To the dude who says albums don't sell now, did slash not release his first solo/snakepit album in 95??????? Compare his firstfew releases, singles, none of them have or will do a fraction of what GNR has done. The casual rock fan has no recollection of his material, only you hardcore fans can cite song titles, Slash hasn't been playing stadiums and charting singles at a GNR level. Anything else you would like to add is just delusional at this point and your arguing for the sake of arguing. 

You're so mad I think we should call a medic to calm you down :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

You're so mad I think we should call a medic to calm you down :lol:

I think it's funny knowing that you guys are arguing a dumb point on a thread that has one video link at 823 million views... Can someone please post the solo efforts that yield the same results? No? Ok thanks. 

Edited by Order of Nine
Spelling

Just putting this into perspective... I just read the lyrics to "Ghost".. cringe cringe cringe. Kill the ghost that hides in your soul rock n roll... You people actually think this song has a snow balls chance in hell at becoming like November Rain? The production is stale/bland too. There's been a standard set by GNR back in the day how about adhering to that standard. 

• Like 1

I might be the biggest Slash fan but Order of Nine is totally right.

I love  Slash's solo work but it has not the class GNR had. I'm sure a lot of his stuff had the potential to be iconic if there were Izzy and Axl adding their parts to it.

But GNR created the albums at the right time like capturing the zeitgeist. That's not possible today neither with Slash solo nor with GNR.

Edit: Just read his first post.

Of course it's bullshit that a 17 year old would write something like WOF on his lap top. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Free Bird said:

I might be the biggest Slash fan but Order of Nine is totally right.

I love  Slash's solo work but it has not the class GNR had. I'm sure a lot of his stuff had the potential to be iconic if there were Izzy and Axl adding their parts to it.

But GNR created the albums at the right time like capturing the zeitgeist. That's not possible today neither with Slash solo nor with GNR.

I'm a slash fan too. Of his PLAYING. He's a riff writer clearly not a song writer. And he should have stuck with instrumentals, that's his pocket. Jamming and doing his thing over top of a progression no singing. 

Just now, Order of Nine said:

Your a GNR fan, November Rain, that's arguably an iconic/timeless song. 

You seem to be chucking around a load of subjectivity to justify your claim about the solo works of Slash. That song is certainly more commercially successful than Slash's stuff, but I'd take 'Ghost' regardless. Never cared for the Axl ballads. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

I'm a slash fan too. Of his PLAYING. He's a riff writer clearly not a song writer. And he should have stuck with instrumentals, that's his pocket. Jamming and doing his thing over top of a progression no singing. 

That might be your opinion. I heard a lot of Slash songs that I love. Maybe that aren't songs at all when he clearly isn't a songwriter? :lol:

Is there something more boring than a complete instrumental album? I could never became a Buckethead fan just because he's exactly doing what you think Slash should do.

Edited by Free Bird

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You seem to be chucking around a load of subjectivity to justify your claim about the solo works of Slash. That song is certainly more commercially successful than Slash's stuff, but I'd take 'Ghost' regardless. Never cared for the Axl ballads. 

Idc what you like or don't like, just pointing out your opinion is the minority. Again, perception is reality. 

Edited by Order of Nine
Spelling

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

That might be your opinion. I heard a lot of Slash songs that I love. Maybe that aren't songs at all when he clearly isn't a songwriter? :lol:

Is there something more boring than a complete instrumental album? I could never became a Buckethead fan just because he's exactly doing what you think Slash should do.

Compared to the GNR catalog... No.

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

One of my least favourite Slash recordings is the instrumental 'Jizz Da Pit' (and not only due to a cringey title).  Its from Snakepits IFOCS, an album I other wise adore that Slash was a central writer on - even lyrics and melody in cases.  That said I havent been overwhelmed by his solo and SMKC stuff, although theres plenty I do enjoy.

It has its merits, like Inez' outro bass hook.  But I wouldn't want a careers worth of this, personally.  The main riff is kinda corny IMHO:

Edited by soon

17 minutes ago, soon said:

One of my least favourite Slash recordings is the instrumental 'Jizz Da Pit' (and not only due to a cringey title).  Its from Snakepits IFOCS, an album I other wise adore that Slash was a central writer on - even lyrics and melody in cases.  That said I havent been overwhelmed by his solo and SMKC stuff, although theres plenty I do enjoy.

It has its merits, like Inez' outro bass hook.  But I wouldn't want a careers worth of this, personally.  The main riff is kinda corny IMHO:

Thanks for reminding me just how corny this release was. 

17 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Anastasia is a great song that many have compared as a modern Sweet Child of Mine. Slash’s best post GNR riff in my opinion and one that I hear on the radio quite often actually.

Wow, where are you?  Must be a great place for your radio station to be playing Anastasia quite often. :lol:  I can tell you the radio where I am, does not, nowhere near it.  Rock?  What's that?  

Anastasia isn't bad at all, but I'm afraid I can't get past my own prejudice - to me it sounds like a poor man's Journey.  And if I want to hear that kind of music, I'll just listen to Journey. :shrugs:  I really like the verse/chorus but not in love with Slash's soloing on that.  And it is absolutely categorically not even approaching SCOM status, sorry! lol

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Wow, where are you?  Must be a great place for your radio station to be playing Anastasia quite often. :lol:  I can tell you the radio where I am, does not, nowhere near it.  Rock?  What's that?  

Anastasia isn't bad at all, but I'm afraid I can't get past my own prejudice - to me it sounds like a poor man's Journey.  And if I want to hear that kind of music, I'll just listen to Journey. :shrugs:  I really like the verse/chorus but not in love with Slash's soloing on that.  And it is absolutely categorically not even approaching SCOM status, sorry! lol

Here in California I hear Slash’s stuff on the radio quite often, but maybe the state location I’m in is biased.

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I have zero clue what is going on in this thread. Video is at 917M views now though. 

Not sure but NR has 6.8M pre-Vevo views

I can explain... We have "fans" on a forum that post day in and day out for 2 decades bashing and complaining about a band who they loved at one time but can't seem to move on from the past. 

I hate Cheerios but I'm gonna force myself to eat them every morning then I'm gonna complain about it. 

You know who you are, so don't be butt hurt and comment on my post. 

On 12/07/2017 at 12:51 AM, Darth Fring said:

Currently November Rain has 823 million views on youtube.  Within a couple years it will likely pass the one billion mark.  Does anyone else find this rather amazing?  I mean that video was 12 years old before youtube existed.  (by comparison, Smells Like Teen Spirit has 562 million views)

that doesnt make the song any better

or worse

7.3 million views and counting one more view now that you will see it too

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

I can explain... We have "fans" on a forum that post day in and day out for 2 decades bashing and complaining about a band who they loved at one time but can't seem to move on from the past. 

I hate Cheerios but I'm gonna force myself to eat them every morning then I'm gonna complain about it. 

I am going to be “butt hurt” and comment here because I can tell this is in part directed at me.

Your not going to be very popular here the way your talking down to us. I was purely having a civil conversation here and every member knows that I am very cordial and polite in my friendly conversations. 

None of us have issues with differing opinions but rather the ways that the individual presents them. No disrespect but there’s no need to be upset with the members here since we just were trying to have a friendly conversation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

You seem to have a very skewed perception of what goes on here. There's maybe 3-5 members out of the several hundred active members that bitch about every little thing involving this band. The people you've been arguing with aren't the ones who complain day in and day out. 

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Your not going to be very popular here the way your talking down to us.

^^^

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1