November Rain: 823 Million YouTube Views

I dunno how amazing it is, i mean its a massive song from a big band thats out there for free that anyone of the billions of people among the world with internet access and click on and watch for free, there's loadsa shit out there with a fuckload of views.  I mean if you really think about it, like taking myself as an example, if i look back, how many times have i listened to...I dunno, November Rain or SCOM or Welcome to the Jungle...100s of times is a very conservative estimate I reckon.  And I'm just one fan who don't even like...particularly like em much anymore, there are people out there who are absolutely mental about GnR.

If any of you think GNR or any other rock band can release an "iconic" or "timeless" song on this era of music beware: You are clearly delusional.

No matter if they put another Sweet Child, Paitience, November Rain or Estranged, it'll never hit the masses again, that era is gone.

Edited by default_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

If any of you think GNR or any other rock band can release an "iconic" or "timeless" song on this era of music beware: You are clearly delusional.

No matter if they put another Sweet Child, Paitience, November Rain or Estranged, it'll never hit the masses again, that era is gone.

What's the last song that became iconic? Boulevard of Broken Dreams or something like that from the mid 00s I guess. Can't think of anything newer than 10 years

Edited by Nicklord

16 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I am going to be “butt hurt” and comment here because I can tell this is in part directed at me.

Your not going to be very popular here the way your talking down to us. I was purely having a civil conversation here and every member knows that I am very cordial and polite in my friendly conversations. 

None of us have issues with differing opinions but rather the ways that the individual presents them. No disrespect but there’s no need to be upset with the members here since we just were trying to have a friendly conversation.

I'm not concerned with being popular here. I just think it's funny this place is a fan forum and largely can't accept the facts and achievements from the "hardcore" fans. November rain and that "dumb" video this place bashes will be over a billion views soon, let that sink in. 

Lmao at the dude who says "Blvd of broken dreams" is iconic. Anyone into punk knows that band has zero credibility.

To the dude who says I've got a "skewed" perception... I've been visiting and reading here since 2000/2001 right before I bought the VHS tape of Rio with GNR. It's been a bash fest here day in and day out year after year so don't tell me it's not. I just think it's wierd how people can hate yet still visit here daily.

Edited by Order of Nine
Spelling

When I was a knee-high I had my guitar teacher show me the outro to NR.  He insisted I play it in first position.  What kinda bullshit is that?!?! 

Me and my pawn shop Kramer strutting down the hallway/"dessert" ready to rock the solos out front of "the chapel in the middle of no where" / the bathroom.  Pulled my groin more than once striking that pose, Im sure. lol

Edited by soon
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

I just think it's wierd how people can hate yet still visit here daily.

You seem to hate a lot of stuff that goes on here yet you made an account and are posting constantly about it now.  Same thing I guess :shrugs:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

You seem to hate a lot of stuff that goes on here yet you made an account and are posting constantly about it now.  Same thing I guess :shrugs:

Nope. I love GNR. Just think it's funny to tell it like it is. If there were alot of fans here discussions like this wouldn't exist. 

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Only 90%? GTFO HATER! :lol:

:headbang:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Touching 1 Billion views anytime now.Truly Epic .Cannot find any other music video on youtube pre-2000 [be it any genre] with that many hits.:headbang::headbang:

21-Jun 992,551,405
28-Jun 994,510,197
5-Jul 996,959,537
12-Jul 999,254,664          

Edited by gnrindia
  • GNFNR 3

6 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

tbh thats a pretty astronomical feat by anyone regardless if youre a new band or old act. does nayone know who else is up near 1 billion?

Considering only Rock Bands there's no one close to that.

Numb - Linkin Park  - 893 mi

Zombie - Cranberries - 738 mi

Teen Spirit - Nirvana - 725 mi

Chop Suey! - SOAD - 715 mi

Then we get back to GNR with SCOM - 691 mi

• Like 1