THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think it was Arsenal themselves who did it actually haha. Some kit launch thingy.

Really?!  Christ Almighty!  There have been some pretty dubious marketing desicions in Arsenals history (see bruised banana shirt) but this one takes the fuckin’ chocolate covered hob nob :lol:  I mean, whats going on over there in the PR department, whoose sitting around the table there throwing ideas in the air, the fuckin’ lads from the YMCA  video?

’I know what’ll get the people onside during these trying times, ol’ Seaman bare arse naked with goalie gloves over his todger!’ :lol:  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?!  Christ Almighty!  There have been some pretty dubious marketing desicions in Arsenals history (see bruised banana shirt) but this one takes the fuckin’ chocolate covered hob nob :lol:  I mean, whats going on over there in the PR department, whoose sitting around the table there throwing ideas in the air, the fuckin’ lads from the YMCA  video?

’I know what’ll get the people onside during these trying times, ol’ Seaman bare arse naked with goalie gloves over his todger!’ :lol:  

Yes,

https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-the-toe-poke/story/4163410/arsenals-2020-21-away-jersey-launch-takes-kit-reveals-to-next-level-with-masterpieces-in-highburys-marble-halls

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Arsenal have had some shockers over the years. I recall Seaman had some garish goalkeeper kits. 

That statue is taking it another level though.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that Seaman is one of the great British sex symbols of our times, up there with Peter Sissens, Kilroy Silk and the slapheads from Right Said Fred but I really wasn't ready for that, that shit caught me off guard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

That statue is taking it another level though.  Don't get me wrong, I understand that Seaman is one of the great British sex symbols of our times, up there with Peter Sissens, Kilroy Silk and the slapheads from Right Said Fred but I really wasn't ready for that, that shit caught me off guard.

Well you're not winning much pertaining to football so I suppose it is a case of idle hands at Highbury, or wherever you play now (pass it going into King's Cross I know)? Did you watch that series with Harry Rednapp, the Full English and its sequel (which was meant to coincide with Euro 2021)? Bunch of fat ex-footballers basically. Paul Merson acting like a holier than thou puritan with Razor Ruddick. 

pass it going into King's Cross

So...been going to Kings Cross have we? :lol: 

Did you watch that series with Harry Rednapp, the Full English and its sequel (which was meant to coincide with Euro 2021)? Bunch of fat ex-footballers basically. Paul Merson acting like a holier than thou puritan with Razor Ruddick. 

No, I'm afraid I missed that particular televisual delight, though it does sound a lot like any football related panel that ever sat down, from the lads on Match of the Day to Talksport

Just now, Len Cnut said:

So...been going to Kings Cross have we? :lol: 

No, I'm afraid I missed that particular televisual delight, though it does sound a lot like any football related panel that ever sat down, from the lads on Match of the Day to Talksport

I went to Lord's last year to see my lads beat Middlesex. And then visited the Tower, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's, Banqueting House.

It was very blokish. Quite amusing. Seaman is on it which is why I remembered. Don't mind him actually. Used to think he was a bit of a prat during his playing days but he comes across as very normal. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I went to Lord's last year to see my lads beat Middlesex. And then visited the Tower, Westminster Abbey, St Paul's, Banqueting House.

It was very blokish. Quite amusing. Seaman is on it which is why I remembered. Don't mind him actually. Used to think he was a bit of a prat during his playing days but he comes across as very normal. 

Lets face it, football players are not exactly fucking Mensa candidates, listening to most of them talk puts my fuckin' brain to sleep.  There are honestly very few who I can tolerate whilst talking, thats why when someone comes along in football with a teensiest bit of a personality so much is made of it.  Really, what is Joey Barton famous for, cuz it ain't his playing.  I like Wrighty, he seems a nice bloke, Keane, whatever else I feel about him he's at least entertaining, people like Clough, a lot of the old time footballers actually.  Now they're just so managed, so reading off a script 'ermm obviously we're errmmm obviously looking to see the season out strongly obviously but ermmm obviously good game obviously' its like fuckin' hell, shut the fuck up now.  Say something you actually fuckin' think or fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Lets face it, football players are not exactly fucking Mensa candidates, listening to most of them talk puts my fuckin' brain to sleep.  There are honestly very few who I can tolerate whilst talking, thats why when someone comes along in football with a teensiest bit of a personality so much is made of it.  Really, what is Joey Barton famous for, cuz it ain't his playing.  I like Wrighty, he seems a nice bloke, Keane, whatever else I feel about him he's at least entertaining, people like Clough, a lot of the old time footballers actually.  Now they're just so managed, so reading off a script 'ermm obviously we're errmmm obviously looking to see the season out strongly obviously but ermmm obviously good game obviously' its like fuckin' hell, shut the fuck up now.  Say something you actually fuckin' think or fuck off. 

To digress slightly, if I relinquish my 2020 membership I get to attend a pie and peas supper with Sir Ian Botham! Sounds like an evening of hell, unless he brings his spliffs and Caribbean tarts.

Cricketers are the same. Me and my mate - both members so have access to all the little social things - have literally sat in the pub on the concourse (3 mins walk up the stairs to members' lounge) whilst famous players like Mark Wood or Paul Collingwood have been talking in the members lounge. ''Should we go?'' ''Nahh - another round?'' With me I am very: play cricket then fuck off. I am quite brutal like that. And not a bit fazed by celebrity. 

Remember Stokes struggling with his bats up the stairs with me nearby and couldn't be arsed to help him out haha (should have really but this was before the year he had in 2019). 

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Having seen this fixture for the charity shield my first thought was, ''well I never? Arsenal must've won the FA Cup recently?''. Either shows how much I'm out of touch with football I am, or how much the Arsenal have declined in my perception. 

Well we’ve won the Charity Sheild now too, for all the good thats worth.  

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Well we’ve won the Charity Sheild now too, for all the good thats worth.  

Don't know why you're always moaning really. FA Cup and Charity Shield. Nothing to dismiss there. Toon last won the FA Cup in 1955.

Just realised that during your whole post-Invincible ''Wenger out'' era, you have been remarkably successful in the FA Cup (and Charity Shield). It isn't that you just flopped completely then?