Likelihood of tour continuing next year

I also believe in the solo projects and AxlDC thing first before a new GNR album, but it's dumb as hell, because the clock is ticking. Axl is 55, every year they have left where he can perform should be spent on GNR music. We didn't get shit for 25 years, would be good to make up for it now.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

It would be odd for them to not hit Europe again, but since the last shedule dates are in LA, who knows. Is it true that slash and duff signed a contract that expires on December 31st? 

I mentioned this in another thread but December 31st seems like a very odd date for a contract with Slash or Duff to end.  Contract terms are typically run in multiples of 1 year terms or 6 month terms or something like that.  Assuming the contract begun in April 2016, I would expect expiration either March 31, 2017, September 31, 2017 or March 31, 2018.   Anything is possible but it just doesn't make sense from a typical contract standpoint.

I don't even know what entity is touring from a business standpoint.  Is it the original GNR partnership that Slash and Duff each own 1/3 of or is it Axl's GNR entity?  If they do miraculously release new music, I wonder which it would be.

Regardless, any contract can be renewed.  If the terms are still acceptable, it is as simple as a 1 page amendment that modifies the term of the contract.

8 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I mentioned this in another thread but December 31st seems like a very odd date for a contract with Slash or Duff to end.  Contract terms are typically run in multiples of 1 year terms or 6 month terms or something like that.  Assuming the contract begun in April 2016, I would expect expiration either March 31, 2017, September 31, 2017 or March 31, 2018.   Anything is possible but it just doesn't make sense from a typical contract standpoint.

I don't even know what entity is touring from a business standpoint.  Is it the original GNR partnership that Slash and Duff each own 1/3 of or is it Axl's GNR entity?  If they do miraculously release new music, I wonder which it would be.

Regardless, any contract can be renewed.  If the terms are still acceptable, it is as simple as a 1 page amendment that modifies the term of the contract.

Wasn't it around the end of the December they were supposed to announce the tour? Or they did announce the tour? 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Wasn't it around the end of the December they were supposed to announce the tour? Or they did announce the tour? 

Coachella was announced in December 2015. That was the first full confirmation of the semi-reunion, as well as the first tour date(s) announced. Maybe they sealed the deal just a little bit before that time. Assuming that, and assuming the contracts they signed were for two years, then the expiration date would probably be December 2017, yeah. 

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Coachella was announced in December 2015. That was the first full confirmation of the semi-reunion, as well as the first tour date(s) announced. Maybe they sealed the deal just a little bit before that time. Assuming that, and assuming the contracts they signed were for two years, then the expiration date would probably be December 2017, yeah. 

That's what I'm thinking, they started making announcements when the contracts were officially finalized so it's begin/expire in December.