BBF On WRIF (Detroit) Today, Discussing CD, Leaving GN'R and Upcoming Solo Tour

Bumble seems much more at peace about GnR then in 2014-16 .  Happy for him.

I'm into what Ive heard even though its not stuff I gravitate towards typically.  But: Psychotic Symphony?  Really?  I think I named a band that when I was in 5th grade.

1 minute ago, Gambit83 said:

Unreal. When we reached out to Bumble for our GNR podcast he said no because he didn't want to talk GNR anymore. Very disappointing since Bumble was my very 1st professional radio interview ever back in '06.

He didn't really 'talk' GN'R. He pretty much said the same thing words for words as his Loudwire interview last year.

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

There are just several things that point to that they talked fall/winter 2014 already. Theres Axl saying it started in 2014 here at 2:58

In October 2014, Slash did this interview and spoke highly of Axl, and he hasn't said things this friendly about him in a while, a big hit they were talking already

Slash tweeted Axl a happy birthday by name in Feb 2015, way before the summer, and when asked on a CBS interview in spring 2015 about a guns reunion he started saying things like "if we do it for the right reasons.." instead of the usual I dont see it happening.

Yeah, I remember that. My understanding was when I watched the Globo interview that by "it started in 2014" Axl meant that the negotiations between their "people" started then but they hadn't talked directly yet.

23 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

He didn't really 'talk' GN'R. He pretty much said the same thing words for words as his Loudwire interview last year.

Fair enough. I was still bummed because he is a nice guy. Offered to talk about everything else in his life too.

3 hours ago, Gambit83 said:

Fair enough. I was still bummed because he is a nice guy. Offered to talk about everything else in his life too.

He's really promoting this solo tour, you may want to try again. He might go for it this time.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:22 PM, Towelie said:

Does he say anything notable?

I'd love him just to come out and say something genuine and stop being so diplomatic all the time. "During the time I was in the band, Axl had no creativity left in him and was just biding time before he could cash in on the reunion. The truth is, he hasn't be an active artist and songwriter for the last decade at least and I was done wasting my time."

Your genuine is my mudslinging or throwing under the bus. I don't think he needs to name call or do anything remotely close to that. In this interview he basically says it without calling Axl out. "I need to be creative" "Is this what I want to do" "If I'm not happy and they know I'm not happy should I just get out of the way" "I'm friends with my other bands, and always in contact with them" "I wanted the band to operate in a way that will never happen" ...basically... paraphrasing here obviously 'I was unhappy not writing new music with the band, I didn't want to just tour the world on the back of old music, and my ideas for releasing new music were falling on deaf ears and eventually the reunion reared its head and I was unhappy so it was time to go'.

We'd all find it really juicy if he nailed Axl for this or that, but in the end the guy actually did like the band and he wanted it to grow, he would still be there today if Axl had given the green light to record a new record... He didn't quit because he didn't like Axl or any of the other members... not saying he didn't have his differences with individual members, I'm sure he did and he's said as much before regarding his early years in the band... and Tommy eluded to as much in one of his interviews from earlier this year (not mentioning bumble by name though). 

21 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Seems accurate, but Axl called Slash in October 2014 (99% sure) and Slash was on tour at the time and then when he was back they met for dinner at Axls house (2015, not sure which month)

Obviously memories remains fallible, so we'll probably never get an exact timeline of what went down. I am fairly certain, however, that Slash and Axl did not talk personally until mid-2015. I think it's possible DJ knew the two began talking, but I have to imagine Bumblefoot left long before anything solidified. 

According to MSL (I know. He sucks but he seems to get details right), things had thawed between "Team Axl" and "Team Slash" by the time of the last Las Vegas residency because of how smoothly things went with Appetite for Democracy licensing. I would guess Axl and Slash had not talked yet, but Slash began campaigning about a possible return to the band; particularly given the fact that Duff played a good bit with the band that year, and Duff mentioned in interviews that he and Axl talked possible reunion plans. 

Apparently management simply told the 2014 band members that the band would be placed on hiatus post-Vegas, that Axl considered all of their obligations fulfilled, and they should feel free to pursue any other work that came their way. Obviously, Axl changed his mind fairly quickly as he seemed to be beginning the process of releasing new stuff as 2014 drew to a close, but I would imagine being told to move on gave DJ, Frank, Richard, and Ron the impression that Slash and Duff rejoining permanently was being considered. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs

Why is this thread in this section again?

If I recall correctly, Bumbefoot is a former hired hand. He has nothing to do with current lineup. So move it to Civil War or whatever the section...

----

On another note, boring interviews from his side all the time. Couldn't help that he was the worst member alongside Finck in nuGnr era either...

On 8/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, RussTCB said:

...Putting this in the GN'R section because he talks a great amount about GN'R...

http://wrif.com/episodes/radio-chatter-w-ron-bumblefoot-thal/

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Why is this thread in this section again?

If I recall correctly, Bumbefoot is a former hired hand. He has nothing to do with current lineup. So move it to Civil War or whatever the section...

----

On another note, boring interviews from his side all the time. Couldn't help that he was the worst member alongside Finck in nuGnr era either...

See above.