Sailing

Ziggy Stardust (Dizzy)

Baba O'Riley (Dizzy)

James Bond Theme (Richard)

Another Brick in the Wall

The Seeker

Layla

Black Hole Sun

Plus I Feel Good, Wichita Lineman, Don't Let It Bring You Down, Only Women Bleed, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, Gran Torino, Marseilles, Chip Away The Stone, Light My Fire and a whole lotta other covers that they've done throughout the years.

I'm hoping for an actual new GNR album, but a cover album would obviously be better than nothing.

Edited by Lies They Tell

tsi was a collection of punk covers, not a bunch of random genre spanning songs (all AMAZING songs don't get me wrong).  

If they do another covers album, and they shouldn't, let tsi stand on its own, BUT if they did I hope the would do what THE STONES just did with blue and lonesome - an excellent blues cover record that I would recommend to ANYONE in the forum who hasn't heard the record yet.  

Just now, Sunset Gardner said:

tsi was a collection of punk covers, not a bunch of random genre spanning songs (all AMAZING songs don't get me wrong).  

If they do another covers album, and they shouldn't, let tsi stand on its own, BUT if they did I hope they would do what THE STONES just did with blue and lonesome - an excellent blues cover record that I would recommend to ANYONE in the forum who hasn't heard the record yet.  

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Songs that could be included:

Sailing

Ziggy Stardust (Dizzy)

Baba O'Riley (Dizzy)

James Bond Theme (Richard)

Another Brick in the Wall

The Seeker

Layla

Black Hole Sun

do you really think axl would allow dizzy fucking reed and richard the guitar player to record instrumental songs for a "GNR" album?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

That would be terrible..... The confirmation of this band gone to hell.

you still need confirmation? i can give you some if you really dont have any yet :rofl-lol:

to be clear, im not saying I want this. Im just saying the amount of covers in the current set, why not just do an album. maybe even an EP. If this was a normal band id say an EP with 5 odd covers then a new single, tease for new album. 

Oh well, let the endless touring commence!

I do have to wonder what the large amount of covers says about this band going forward and in it's current state. I mean, they're learning new covers on the road while touring and while I'm glad we are getting something new this tour, it really does say something about Axl and Guns n' Roses that there has been no new music for years and all Axl is interested in bringing is covers. 

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I do have to wonder what the large amount of covers says about this band going forward and in it's current state. I mean, they're learning new covers on the road while touring and while I'm glad we are getting something new this tour, it really does say something about Axl and Guns n' Roses that there has been no new music for years and all Axl is interested in bringing is covers. 

Maybe he has lost confidence in his ability as a songwriter after CD flopped and therefore wants to resort to songs that are already known hits?

or maybe he does feel confident writing with slash and is just waiting until after the tour to focus on that. We'll see.

Maybe they are doing more covers to change up the set list, They must know that people are moaning about the set as it is,so this way they throw us fans a bone and have new material

that they are working on??

Or maybe they're lazy fuckers, i don't know :shrugs: 

59 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Maybe they are doing more covers to change up the set list, They must know that people are moaning about the set as it is,so this way they throw us fans a bone and have new material

that they are working on??

Or maybe they're lazy fuckers, i don't know :shrugs: 

Nah.

Must be Axl not wanting to touch UYI songs not even with a 10-foot pole :facepalm::facepalm:

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I wonder why though? I don't get what he is playing at:wacko: 

Neurosis, basically.

Memories of the old band, memories of the situations described in the lyrics, boredom in general, not wanting to stick too much to the past (even if he's aware he doesn't have a huge back catalog).

Shit like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Nah.

Must be Axl not wanting to touch UYI songs not even with a 10-foot pole :facepalm::facepalm:

This. Remember when Ogre or whatever the production manager's name is, said that they have "rehearsed the whole catalog" and are ready to do any of them, yet haven't even touched any deep cuts?

Completely on Axl. No one pays to see their favorite band perform another band's songs. That stretch in the show with BHS, KOHD and the other slow crap drains the whole momentum, and I know I can't be the only one that thinks that.

Guns N' Roses: The most dangerous cover band in the world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

This. Remember when Ogre or whatever the production manager's name is, said that they have "rehearsed the whole catalog" and are ready to do any of them, yet haven't even touched any deep cuts?

Completely on Axl. No one pays to see their favorite band perform another band's songs. That stretch in the show with BHS, KOHD and the other slow crap drains the whole momentum, and I know I can't be the only one that thinks that.

Guns N' Roses: The most dangerous cover band in the world.

Yeah, its fucking boring and it got old already.....

Layla, KOHD, The Seeker, Wish you Were Here and The Godfather are a draaaaaaaaaaaaaag :drool: and that Wichita Lineman thing, if it stays, its gonna become another lullaby song soon :sleeper: