The True Story Behind Perfect Crime

Excellent work as always. There actually is a live recording of the October 31, 1986, gig, and it sits in Marc's vault. He has been kind enough to share snippets of the live recording with me and I suppose those are floating around on the net. It is fascinating how similar the 1986 live version is to the one they recorded years later.

Perfect Crime is pure GNR, probably the ONLY song across the two discs where the dual guitar work harks back to the classic Appetite guitar sound. Izzy's in great form on that one, one of the rare times his playing has that exciting interplay with Slash on Illusions.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Apollo said:

It's amazing that Axl use to play songs like Perfect Crime and Don't Cry before Appetite even came out.

Imagine going to a show in 2006 and Axl busting out songs that weren't even on CD, but that were slated for CD2.

Well, they have played Silkworms and in 2006, they used to tease us with the intro of The General.

On ‎23‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Well, they have played Silkworms and in 2006, they used to tease us with the intro of The General.

It was the intro of the concerts, but not necessarily of the song. It could've been any part.

On 9/12/2017 at 3:23 PM, Silverburst80 said:

Perfect Crime is pure GNR, probably the ONLY song across the two discs where the dual guitar work harks back to the classic Appetite guitar sound. Izzy's in great form on that one, one of the rare times his playing has that exciting interplay with Slash on Illusions.

Agreed and I suppose the reason for that could be because Perfect Crime is apparently an Izzy Stradlin' song as per Axl. 

• GNFNR 1