If you could have any show on DVD?

great picks by the posters above :headbang:

the 3 secret shows in 1991 and the longest one in CA are a must-watch

pasadena 1987, the clubs shows...

truth is i want all GNR shows 1985-1991

if my memory isnt playing games i remember reading on marc canter's book about a show where axl couldnt make it (club days era) and apparently izzy (and duff?) sang all the songs

is that correct? if it is, now THATS one of the many i would really like to listen to in great audio quality

also any Rose/Hollywood Rose show with Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber

:headbang:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Derick said:

Good call man!!! Yep! I easy change my list from before by this one:

First Guns N‘ Roses show ever!!!

592_D9332-4_C6_D-445_A-_B259-_E2888_E7_E

and what about these...

01.03.84 - The Orphanage, North Hollywood, CA
audio/video recording?: no
notes: This band is "Rose" - Axl, Izzy [lead & rhythm guitar], Chris Weber [lead & rhythm guitar], Johnny Kreiss [drums] & Rick Holland [bass].

01.17.84 - Troubadour, Hollywood, CA
notes: This band is "Rose" - Axl, Izzy [lead & rhythm guitar], Chris Weber [lead & rhythm guitar], Johnny Kreiss [drums] & Rick Holland [bass].
flyer

02.12.84 - Troubadour, Hollywood, CA

02.23.84 - Gazzarri's, West Hollywood, CA

03.10.84 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA

03.16.84 - Madame Wong's East, Los Angeles, CA
notes: This band is "Rose" - Axl, Izzy [lead & rhythm guitar], Chris Weber [lead & rhythm guitar], Johnny Kreiss [drums] & Rick Holland [bass]. Although the flyer says "Hollywood Rose" - this band is still "Rose" - Axl preferred the name "Hollywood Rose" and had these flyers printed.
flyer

04.01.84 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA
flyer #1
flyer #2

04.20.84 - Madame Wong's East, Los Angeles, CA

06.16.84 - Madame Wong's West, Los Angeles, CA
flyer
notes: A Hollywood Rose gig.

06.28.84 - Madame Wong's West, Los Angeles, CA
notes: A Hollywood Rose gig.

07.10.84 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA
notes: This was pre-GN'R.
flyer

08.29.84 - Troubador, Hollywood, CA
flyer

08.31.84 - Shamrock Studios, Santa Monica, CA
flyer

12.31.84 - San Pedro, CA
notes: Supposedly Hollywood Rose broke up after this show.

all info taken from http://gnrontour.com/setlistalm84.htm

• Like 1

The last Inglewood 91 concert would be nice to have, because it was the longest show the old band ever did, and a lot of rare tracks were performed.

From www.gnrontour.com

"08.03.91 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA
opening act: Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Right Next Door To Hell, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Yesterdays, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, My Michelle, 14 Years, Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
encore 1: You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], Used To Love Her, Move To The City, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You're Crazy [w/ Sebastian Bach], Locomotive, Out Ta Get Me, Dead Horse
encore 2: Estranged, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Unbelievable setlist which resulted in the longest show of the entire UYI tour. The band didn't want to leave the stage! 10 songs from Appetite For Destruction are played! Special guest performances by Shannon Hoon and Sebastian Bach. The show ends at 3:36 a.m. after nearly 4 hours!"

• Like 2

A box set with one full show from every era would be badass.

- AFD Era - Literally anything would be awesome.

- Inglewood 1991 - The Longest set by the O.G. Guns, Baz, Hoon and Locomotive!

- Something from 1993 - Hartford?

- HOB 2001/MSG 2002

- L.A. December 2006

- Houston 2016

Hello, unrelated to this topic, I was just online looking to buy some G N R dvds & there were a few sites taking pre orders for a new dvd called live in Paradise City  that is supposedly coming out on Feb 9, 2018.

Does anybody know what this is? Is it official? 

It has a black and white cover & it has the original 5 members. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Axl2Boston said:

Hello, unrelated to this topic, I was just online looking to buy some G N R dvds & there were a few sites taking pre orders for a new dvd called live in Paradise City  that is supposedly coming out on Feb 9, 2018.

Fake

3 hours ago, Axl2Boston said:

every release containing LIVE RECORDINGS of GNR will most likely be BOOTLEG and thanks the botleggers for it

because GNR prefers to NOT release LIVE RECORDINGS

and when they do release some "LIVE" stuff, most of the time its actually NOT LIVE!

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

every release containing LIVE RECORDINGS of GNR will most likely be BOOTLEG and thanks the botleggers for it

because GNR prefers to NOT release LIVE RECORDINGS

and when they do release some "LIVE" stuff, most of the time its actually NOT LIVE!

90% of the GN'R songs I'm listening to are actually live recordings from the shows. I just listen to the studio versions when no live version is available

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1