How do you rate the bass track in If the World?

I'm just curious how do think about that, because it's a song were neither Duff or Tommy have played the bass guitar on it.

It contains my favourite Bass Track on the album, among TWAT and Prostitute

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That little bass lick right after the chorua is nice. But right as the verse goes into the chorus theres two sub bass things going on (one is sliding up notes and the other is doubling what the guitar is doing) where its kind like why bother with two if they are just at going to clash with each other and be indistinguishable. The chorus bass line is just duplicating what i assume is Buckethead's Drop C/C Standard guitar so nothing special going on there

14 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm just curious how do think about that, because it's a song were neither Duff or Tommy have played the bass guitar on it.

It contains my favourite Bass Track on the album, among TWAT and Prostitute

what you mean by "the" bass track?

there are several...

i can hear the major bass track, an acoustic bass track, a synth bass track...

and -- I got tell you this one is truly hard to listen to -- there is probably a two-tracks double-up remix in "D" of the original bass track

can someone confirm that?

maybe its just my ears pĺaying tricks on me

and i am not supposed to say this but legend goes that an insider told a forum member that knows bucketfoot and he posted online in code message that IF you listen really close there is a sample of the original bass line of the world is mine played by bucketfoot with a 18-strings guitar

can someone confirm that?

:rofl-lol:

Ah, special place in my heart this one.  Was my gateway song to the whole album.  

When CD was first released, I hated it, shelved it for several years, didn't pay it attention again until the reunion.  Listened a few times, still no connection, no melody, just a godawful noise and Axl's banshee wailing.  Ugliest music I ever heard.  One final attempt to listen to CD, put it on shuffle, ITW came on, suddenly it revealed its true beauty to me. :hahafyou: 

Finally stopped hearing noise, heard actual guitars, a funky groove, intensely chilled - how did you make this a thing Axl? - heck even the guitar solo is intensely chilled.  For once, I'm not impressed by the bass, but LOVE the guitars in the chorus, and how it ends.  After that, all the songs were gradually unlocked one by one, Sorry was next.  

I can understand how people don't like Riad but I genuinely can't understand all the hate this one gets.  What's so wrong with it?