My Interview with Martin "Youth" Glover

Hey guys I interviewed Youth a few weeks ago. Please keep in mind this was by far the most difficult interview we had to do yet. Youth is a super busy guy and I must have called him a 100 times to connect with him. The only time i connected with him when i was on my coffee break at work and had to duck into a room and ask him some questions. Also I was talking to him over facetime so the interview cut out in a few spots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, reayj2003 said:

He’s mistaken about Buckethead being there in 97?? Isn’t he??

Absolutely. I think Axl was taking lessons from Gary Sunshine, the guy from Circus of Power who's also playing on Oh My God.

16 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

He’s mistaken about Buckethead being there in 97?? Isn’t he??

yeah he is. I can't remember where I read it but Gary Sunshine I believe tought Axl how to play guitar. I think he's got his dates mixed up. Keep in mind this was almost 20 years ago. 

Just now, sidman69 said:

yeah he is. I can't remember where I read it but Gary Sunshine I believe tought Axl how to play guitar. I think he's got his dates mixed up. Keep in mind this was almost 20 years ago. 

Yeah. And he's worked with tons other artists/divas since, so...

56 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

for some reason i expected a much younger guy with a name like youth, but i guess he's a few years older than axl. 

I'm guessing, based on the dreadlocks, that he's cribbed the Youth aspect from the reggae stars of the 70s that were named something Youth.  Wild shot in the dark but reggae of that era was very groundbreaking in terms of production and he's a producer so perhaps thats it.  Sonic Youth certainly got the idea from there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

We know more than people that were there..😂

Slash and Duff are also sometimes confused when it comes to dates and names. When I was making interviews with them, I remember Slash started to laugh after I corrected him for like third time. So I rather stopped doing that. :-)

4 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

Great job Sid!!

I hope if you get another interview maybe you could ask about the writing process of that era and lineup.

thanks. We've got about 4-5 big interviews coming in the coming weeks. Some exciting stuff!

32 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

The band that John's brother was in? Like 35 odd years ago? Or am i being a bit thick? :blink:

The very same, I’m stunned you’ve heard of em!  Bobby Lydon.

EDIT:  Jimmy Lydon rather, Bobby was his other brother.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I've told you before young Len...i'm very very old ;)

TBH that's probably the first time i've thought of em in 35 odd years:lol:

I dont mean cuz of age, just that anyone apart from mental Pistols affcianados would recall something like that.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I dont mean cuz of age, just that anyone apart from mental Pistols affcianados would recall something like that.

Well i was in me youth ;) i had scrapbooks full of cuttings from all the music papers, NME and Melody Maker were always had articles about the Pistols. Good times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Well i was in me youth ;) i had scrapbooks full of cuttings from all the music papers, NME and Melody Maker were always had articles about the Pistols. Good times.

I read that NME not  to appear more in magazine paper, only on line.

58 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I saw that too. It was like a newspaper when i used to buy it, most of it in black and white.

Oh, not know this i thinked that always was like magazine in colour ,all type of magazine paper be dying and kill for the Internet.

• Like 1