Dan Rather: The Big Interview (would Axl ever do it?)

Just watched Plant on The Big Interview.  Very cool. He's a pretty private guy and was pretty forthcoming with Rather.  Would Axl ever do an interview like this?  I think it would be really intriguing.

Couple snippets of Plant- 

I can't see it, but neither could anyone see him doing the two Trunk interviews or Kimmell. 

My thoughts on Axl reflecting on his career is that he becomes even more private and we only hear rumours... Kinda like today, but with no touring.

The guys who have done these interviews like Hagar, Plant, Daryl Hall etc. have never been shy to do interviews, just don't think Axl is interested in doing them anymore and can't see that changing unless the possibity of being misquoted is off the table entirely.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl won’t do it until his career has finished. Look at what Axl has ahead of him. He might be the lead singer on an ACDC album, he could put out a gnr album at any point. Those two things combined could bring 5-6 years of work, these interviews are for guys reflecting on their work and life. Axl isn’t there yet 

If he does AC/DC he will do interviews....you will see

• Like 2

The thing about ACDC interviews is he doesn't have to talk about himself or GNR. He can just talk about ACDC so I don't see that being an issue.

He did do the China Exchange and also that interview with Duff so I guess he isn't totally opposed to interviews, just very selective. The biggest thing he seems to be avoiding is having to do an interview with Slash. I initially thought that it was something they were saving for a major publication or show but actually it seems like something he (or maybe they) just don't want to do.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, alfierose said:

The biggest thing he seems to be avoiding is having to do an interview with Slash.

I think it's understandable. The interviewer would just ask questions about their relationship, just like they do with celebrities that got married or something. It would be stuff like "How did it feel hugging Axl again?" or "What are you doing off stage? Hanging out together?"

Also maybe something about the bad stuff they said about each other.

That could ruin some things for them, as I said in a recent post about Steven: I think their friendship is too important for them to take the risk of letting people from the outside in again.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the hell out of the Jack White and Roger Waters episodes. I'd love it if Axl did one too. Dan Rather comes across as a guy who genuinely loves music and has no interest in hitting people with "gotcha" or sensational questions.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, Original said:

Just watched Plant on The Big Interview.  Very cool. He's a pretty private guy and was pretty forthcoming with Rather.  Would Axl ever do an interview like this?  I think it would be really intriguing.

I really, really enjoy that show & I wish Axl would do it but I agree with the others who responded that it probably won't happen.   That Robert Plant interview was very good & he's notorious for not giving direct answers to questions during interviews.  But in that Dan Rather interview Plant was very candid which rarely happens.  I also watched the Sammy Hagar interview a few days ago which was also very good.  Dan Rather does an excellent job on that show.