CATHOUSE OCTOBER 10, 1989 = "Without question, that Cathouse show had the most incendiary live performance that we filmed"

Info is all around:

October 10, 1989 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA
It's So Easy
Brownstone
Patience
It's So Easy
Michelle
Rocket Queen (long version with Axl on Bass and Duff on drums with Steven for the jam)
SCOM
Nightrain
Guitar solo
Heavens Door
Jungle
It's So Easy
Mama Kin
Paradise City

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:00 AM, lazyyy said:

One sad possibility is that they didn't film the gig as a whole - instead filming only bits and fragments and individual shots to be used for the music video.

That's not how you film a video because you don't know what will be useable or what looks good in the edit. 

You film everything from all angles that you can. Film the entire show. Then you edit in all the cool shots and then slap on the music. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

That's not how you film a video because you don't know what will be useable or what looks good in the edit. 

You film everything from all angles that you can. Film the entire show. Then you edit in all the cool shots and then slap on the music. 

Well yes, but this video looks just like dudes were holding cameras randomly. Everything is shakey as shit. Edited together it's great but was it filmed with the intent to distribute this professionally? No.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:00 AM, lazyyy said:

One sad possibility is that they didn't film the gig as a whole - instead filming only bits and fragments and individual shots to be used for the music video.

I can't say for Cathouse exactly but that seems to have been common practice in the 70's and 80's, when filming music videos, as film stocks were (and are) quite expensive.

That being said, I sure hope that they filmed the whole thing and it would surface someday, the quality is amazing and it looks like a wild gig B-)

I especially love the shot of Axl singing and standing staunchly while the audience is tearing his shirt off. They sure were menacing mofos back then!

The Menacing Mofos, lol

10 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I know it's hardly important but it's pretty weird that Axl had his hair teased up in the video seeing it was 1989, thought he stopped doing that in 87.

i am 100% speculating here i suppose it maybe has to do with what Alan said in the interview for the Appetite for Destruction podcast that the whole idea of shooting that video/live performance was to capture the spirit if the band in that era (as a kiss-off to that era)

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Apologies, I meant to do this earlier today and it slipped my mind. I see what you're saying about this show in particular. I do not ever see GN'R releasing it because, well, they don't seem to want to release anything, but I'm happy to move the topic back to D&N for you :)

thanks mate!

:headbang:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Well yes, but this video looks just like dudes were holding cameras randomly. Everything is shakey as shit. Edited together it's great but was it filmed with the intent to distribute this professionally? No.

the shaking is obviously deliberate!

12 hours ago, Lim666 said:

Info is all around:

It's So Easy
Brownstone
Patience
It's So Easy
Michelle
Rocket Queen (long version with Axl on Bass and Duff on drums with Steven for the jam)
SCOM
Nightrain
Guitar solo
Heavens Door
Jungle
It's So Easy
Mama Kin
Paradise City

:drool: i would love to see this one day... should have been a box nr two... live destruction vaults:drool:

On 01/06/2018 at 9:18 PM, Lim666 said:

Info is all around:

It's So Easy
Brownstone
Patience
It's So Easy
Michelle
SCOM
Nightrain
Guitar solo
Heavens Door
Jungle
It's So Easy
Mama Kin
Paradise City

did that just became available on the last few days?

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, lazyyy said:

I can't say for Cathouse exactly but that seems to have been common practice in the 70's and 80's, when filming music videos, as film stocks were (and are) quite expensive.

That being said, I sure hope that they filmed the whole thing and it would surface someday, the quality is amazing and it looks like a wild gig B-)

I especially love the shot of Axl singing and standing staunchly while the audience is tearing his shirt off. They sure were menacing mofos back then!

I would lean on that they DID film the whole thing as all these moments like jumping into the crowd and little nuances seem to be cheery picked from the entirety of a performance, than set ups to get for a music video...Just my thoughts.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, Chris 55 said:

Hadn't read this comment before I wrote mind above, but yea as an editor myself...THIS ^

Edited by colonizedmind

13 hours ago, Lim666 said:

Years ago Marc Canter himself confirmed the setlist as he filmed the whole show. His video footage is not to be seen on the leaked or official video.

wow, nice!

so now we know that there are 2 sources for this show...

:headbang:

• Like 1