The Tobacco Thread

Sosso

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I made no generalizations. You did.

I have native friends and that apparently blows your mind to the point that my having mentioned it has prompted you to call me a liar and a racist. :lol:

What you have said here, based on only your imagination and nothing that I said, are such poorly formed thoughts. Even for the internet.

Do you call them my "native friends" or just your friends? 

I have quite a FEW that are my friends that HAPPEN to be Native American. One of which, his dad's first name IS Muskrat (not nickname, that's his actual name). Maybe I should ask him about these claims???

3 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Do you call them my "native friends" or just your friends? 

I have quite a FEW that are my friends that HAPPEN to be Native American. One of which, his dad's first name IS Muskrat (not nickname, that's his actual name). Maybe I should ask him about these claims???

Cool. :lol:

Youre going to ask Muskrat who my friends are then? :lol:

Edited by soon

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Thats racist. Even IF the mud you claim to have prepared EXISTS (if its true then its True). But the suggestion that we would wear bikinis is SO 1980 and DOES NOT represent man on man mud wrestling in 2018. I should know, my cabin is surrounded by them. :P:lol:

:lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Cool. :lol:

Youre going to ask Muskrat who my friends are then? :lol:

Well you made the claim that "Indigenous people take gifts of tobacco for rituals and healing." Then I said "ok let's see what an actual Native American has to say about this." Now you are saying YOUR friends do this. See the difference? I didn't make this claim that it's something "Indenginous people" do, you did. That's a generalization my friend.

1 minute ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Well you made the claim that "Indigenous people take gifts of tobacco for rituals and healing." Then I said "ok let's see what an actual Native American has to say about this." Now you are saying YOUR friends do this. See the difference? I didn't make this claim that it's something "Indenginous people" do, you did. That's a generalization my friend.

You're going full SJW against your own imagination! :lol:

Edited by soon

12 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Well if his friends are natives and they do it then natives do do it, you can't account for an entire fuckin' race wholesale down to the last person with any comment, its like saying people in America listen to rock music, thats not an incorrect statement, now does EVERY last bastard there listen to rock music?  Of course not.  Come on man, are you having one of those days or something? :lol:

Just now, soon said:

You've called me a liar and a racist just for mentioning some friendships. 

Do you not see how dumb that is?

I DIDNT call you either. I said ALL along that it might be true, my first post started with "If it's TRUE, then its true." I just so happen to have a personal experience with MANY Native Americans, and I've NEVER heard anything remotely like what you are saying. That doesnt mean I dont believe you, but you should be able to see why I'm a bit skeptical. 

As for racists comment. I said making these sorts of generalizations are at very least insensitive and at their most racist. That isnt saying "You are a racist." Its saying that these types of generalizations are a slippery slope.

2 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I DIDNT call you either. I said ALL along that it might be true, my first post started with "If it's TRUE, then its true." I just so happen to have a personal experience with MANY Native Americans, and I've NEVER heard anything remotely like what you are saying. That doesnt mean I dont believe you, but you should be able to see why I'm a bit skeptical. 

As for racists comment. I said making these sorts of generalizations are at very least insensitive and at their most racist. That isnt saying "You are a racist." Its saying that these types of generalizations are a slippery slope.

I did not make any generalizations.

You imagined all the things that have upset you based, only in the loosest of terms, on my brief reference to some friendships. :lol:

Please stop mucking up the thread?

Edited by soon

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well if his friends are natives and they do it then natives do do it, you can't account for an entire fuckin' race wholesale down to the last person with any comment, its like saying people in America listen to rock music, thats not an incorrect statement, now does EVERY last bastard there listen to rock music?  Of course not.  Come on man, are you having one of those days or something? :lol:

Dont act like you weren't just as shocked by his statement as I was, lol. Even though I'm not Native American myself, I kinda got offended by that generalization. But it's really not something that bothers me all that much. 

1 minute ago, soon said:

I did not make any generalizations.

You imagined all the things that have upset you based, only in the loosest of terms, on my brief reference to some friendships. :lol:

Please stop mucking up the thread?

Ok, have a nice day.

Smoked cigarettes like they were going out of style for a long, long time. 

Switched over to vapor about 5 years ago. Not because I think it's healthier or anything, just because it tends to bother others less. All my things don't reek of smoke either, which is nice. 

Having said that, I just use a flavor close to tobacco. Not interested in all the flavor varieties, etc. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Really?  I woulda thought in Florida it was like, Cuban central.  Weren't cigars made somewhere in Florida too? 

Yep.  Ybor City in Tampa, Florida used to have a large Cuban population with several cigar factories.  I think only one of the factories remains but there is still a huge premium cigar community in that area.   I've been there a few times, fun area.