Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

14 minutes ago, action said:

did someone call my name? here I am!

what issue can I help you to understand? :awesomeface:

Hahaha! Let’s see... how’s about hydrogen fuel cell technology?? Namely is it ‘worth it’ to invest in existing methods of producing the fuel cells, if those methods require fossil fuel energy inputs?

Or, if you’d rather, why does my cat think it’s okay to swat me as I cook - but never does any other times?? :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Hahaha! Let’s see... how’s about hydrogen fuel cell technology?? Namely is it ‘worth it’ to invest in existing methods of producing the fuel cells, if those methods require fossil fuel energy inputs?

Or, if you’d rather, why does my cat think it’s okay to swat me as I cook - but never does any other times?? :lol:

all that and more, I can teach you son. All for free, if you buy these two crates of snake oil

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

As I have often said, the loudest virtue-signaling on this subject comes from the biggest hypocrites,

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/climate-experts-fly-more-often-than-other-scientists-6glshz9lg

"Climate scientists take about five flights a year on average for work while other researchers take four. Climate professors catch nine flights a year compared with eight for all professors."

bro

• GNFNR 1

While it is possible to do some environmentalist pursuits remotely. There are many instances where working remotely would require one to use satellite imaging. 

Both approaches - in person and remote - already rely heavily on satellites for comms.

Id be interested to see the carbon footprint comparisons for these two apraoches.

Because rocket fuel burn. 

1 minute ago, action said:

this thread still going? why? corona is all the talk these days

aaaand like that, greta was put on the back plan. can't imagine anyone in the world having her message as a priority right now.

Her message, which is listen to climate science and therefore make appropriate changes, is alive and well with me.

Climate scientists' message is to jet around the world on a jolly whilst hectoring other people to not fly. 

In fairness I don't include Thunberg. When are we allowed to call her an ''adult'' incidentally? People keep defending attacks on her, e.g., being in Spitting Image, by mentioning that she is a ''child'' yet I read the other day that she is 17! She could be shagging and smoking fags now. This must be the most protracted ''childhood'' since Michael Jackson.

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Climate scientists' message is to jet around the world on a jolly whilst hectoring other people to not fly. 

In fairness I don't include Thunberg. When are we allowed to call her an ''adult'' incidentally? People keep defending attacks on her, e.g., being in Spitting Image, by mentioning that she is a ''child'' yet I read the other day that she is 17! She could be shagging and smoking fags now. This must be the most protracted ''childhood'' since Michael Jackson.

she 'needs' to stay a kid. just as like jacko's old man kicked him in the nuts to keep his high voice, the climate movement needs a kid to garner attention. No one is interested when a grown up lectures other grown ups about the climate, but when a kid does it, it's different. then, adults seem the dumb ones, being outsmarted by a kid. the climate movement is therefore more about image, than it is about message. What is her message anyway? other than "how dare you", she didn't make a memorable quote the likes of "yes we can" or "i have a dream". what does she even wants of us?

Edited by action

9 hours ago, action said:

she 'needs' to stay a kid. just as like jacko's old man kicked him in the nuts to keep his high voice, the climate movement needs a kid to garner attention. No one is interested when a grown up lectures other grown ups about the climate, but when a kid does it, it's different. then, adults seem the dumb ones, being outsmarted by a kid. the climate movement is therefore more about image, than it is about message. What is her message anyway? other than "how dare you", she didn't make a memorable quote the likes of "yes we can" or "i have a dream". what does she even wants of us?

Her supporters have her perpetually suspended in the state of childhood like Peter Pan and therefore beyond ridicule or criticism, yet in most countries she could legally shag her brains out. She is one year away from being legally able to get off her tits on whisky, unless she is in the United States in which case she has to wait twenty years for that privilege (but she can drive aged 2 as a trade-off). 

When does Greta's adulthood actually commence then?

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Her supporters have her perpetually suspended in the state of childhood like Peter Pan and therefore beyond ridicule or criticism, yet in most countries she could legally shag her brains out. She is one year away from being legally able to get off her tits on whisky, unless she is in the United States in which case she has to wait twenty years for that privilege (but she can drive aged 2 as a trade-off). 

When does Greta's adulthood actually commence then?

Weird post.

This is the type of post you see in a news report as the anchor says "This was his last post to the internet before he started his killing spree." :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ah, the greta thread popping up again.

I just wondered the other day, with people in lockdown all over the world and economic activity lessening as a result, how this will have affected CO2 emissions in 2020. I'd love to see numbers on that.

Because I can not see how you can ask of people, to act more.... let we say modest than we have been this year. I can not see, what more people can do in terms of leading a less environmentally demanding lifestyle, than we already do (unless you ask people to stop breathing).

The rest, is now up to the big companies which pose a collossal burden to the environment. Strangely, it's the working folk that has to do the effort first, and the big companies can do as they were, or even expanding their activities.