Gary Glitter is in the Itunes top 60 after JOKER used his song

oldnews

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because when the virtue signalling is over people don’t care half as much about kids as they like to make out.  If they did its not hard to find kids in fucked up or disadvantaged or dangerous situations, ask anyone thats ever worked for social services.  We love a good fall from grace though, gets us proper stiff does all that.

It also doesn't really alter our view much. Our view went from,

''Michael Jackson, might have been a paedo''

to

''Michael Jackson, probably a paedo (but still not entirely sure)''.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It also doesn't really alter our view much. Our view went from,

''Michael Jackson, might have been a paedo''

to

''Michael Jackson, probably a paedo (but still not entirely sure)''.

I thought it was sort of taken for granted that he was a pedo.  Just one from the sort of income bracket and position in public affections to buy room for doubt.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:02 PM, Len Cnut said:

I thought it was sort of taken for granted that he was a pedo.  Just one from the sort of income bracket and position in public affections to buy room for doubt.

im a defender of MJ but i have no idea and again i think nobody knows i just don't buy those 2 dudes that came out all of a sudden in that documentary they just seem full of shit 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, Len Cnut said:

Obviously I disagree, but I do love your way with words, Len.

In terms of the general public, I think most fall under the bracket of "don't know, don't care, but Billie Jean was a corker of a tune werent it?".

The documentary, as many people have pointed out, is full of shit. Many of the points were already proven wrong.

I will always defend MJ. He got me into caring about music, he will always be my number one. He even got me into Guns because of Give In To Me. So I may not be the most objective person to ask about something like that. But no matter what, I will always have his back until somebody shows me a 100% proof.

Gary Glitter on the other hand is a proven paedo. The guy is just a creepy old fuck and I'm glad he didn't make any money off of this.

• Like 1

And in a sense, why should we care? Does Billie Jean suddenly became a less great song just because you believe he may have diddled a few boys in his lifetime? Does it change anything about the musicality?

As a society, we obviously don't care that our coffee beans are picked by some poor fuck earning a dollar a day in Bangladesh. And we don't give a shit that kids work all day in sweatshops to make our low-price jeans. Why should we care what some musician we didn't know may or may not have done? People didn't buy Thriller cuz they cared about child welfare, they bought it cuz of the cracking tunes.

Edited by Towelie

There is something repulsive about paedophiles for us, for our society. You could go and murder a load of kids with a sawn-off but you will not be more reviled than if you (to quote The Who) ''fiddle about'' with those kids, leaving them otherwise unharmed. For this purpose we arrive at the whole background for the prison term ''nonce'' (''not of normal criminal element'') as they are incarcerated on special wings in case they were bumped off: hardened horrible murderers and so forth find them thoroughly repellent and in breach of a unwritten/unspoken ''prisoners' code'' somehow.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is something repulsive about paedophiles for us, for our society. You could go and murder a load of kids with a sawn-off but you will not be more reviled than if you (to quote The Who) ''fiddle about'' with those kids, leaving them otherwise unharmed. For this purpose we arrive at the whole background for the prison term ''nonce'' (''not of normal criminal element'') as they are incarcerated on special wings in case they were bumped off: hardened horrible murderers and so forth find them thoroughly repellent and in breach of a unwritten/unspoken ''prisoners' code'' somehow.

isn't it to do with other prisoners thinking twice before humping a chain-saw killer in the shower, rather than the sissy-boy who fiddled with children?

it's all about risk and reward economy

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Towelie said:

Obviously I disagree, but I do love your way with words, Len.

In terms of the general public, I think most fall under the bracket of "don't know, don't care, but Billie Jean was a corker of a tune werent it?".

And you know what? thats the mindset of alot of radio music programmers who will keep playing his music for eternity.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, action said:

I've still not seen conclusive evidence that MJ committed any criminal offense.

Two gold diggers barely able to hold their laughs, just won't do it to me.

Theres only 1 person that knows and thats MJ, and i dont think we will ever know if he ever did. I personally think MJ should never had settled out of court he should taken them to court and if won, sued the family for defamation of character, taken them to the cleaners. By settling hes made any other looney try and sue him.

Edited by Sydney Fan