ELVIS

action

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Just saw that That's The Way It Is will have a limited screening run in cinemas from Dec. 3-6.

That's cool and all but there's nothing new to it. There's TONS of footage from 70/71 we haven't seen. It's insane that they won't unearth and remaster any of it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched an Elvis doc on Reelz last night called Elvis: Are You Lonesome Tonight. I was pleasantly surprised, it delved into a few things seldom touched upon. It talked extensively how Elvis' life, in some part, was shaped by the death of his twin brother Jesse. It talked about the relationship twins have in utero. Fascinating stuff. It also talked about an incident Elvis had with Vernon not long before his death. I had never heard about it. Vernon was in the hospital, I think he had a minor heart, when Elvis visited him. He told Elvis that his stardom had put his mother in an early grave and that it was about to do the same to him, meaning Vernon. They said hearing that devastated Elvis. He died not long after this took place.

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I watched an Elvis doc on Reelz last night called Elvis: Are You Lonesome Tonight. I was pleasantly surprised, it delved into a few things seldom touched upon. It talked extensively how Elvis' life, in some part, was shaped by the death of his twin brother Jesse. It talked about the relationship twins have in utero. Fascinating stuff. It also talked about an incident Elvis had with Vernon not long before his death. I had never heard about it. Vernon was in the hospital, I think he had a minor heart, when Elvis visited him. He told Elvis that his stardom had put his mother in an early grave and that it was about to do the same to him, meaning Vernon. They said hearing that devastated Elvis. He died not long after this took place.

Yep. Vernon was a total piece of shit who only saw Elvis as his cash cow his whole life. He used Gladys' death more than a few times to guilt Elvis into things that weren't healthy for him at all. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Does elvis band still tour. I remember a few years ago the band were rehearsing for shows with a backdrop of elvis and didnt know if they were still doing this. 

Variations of the band still tour. As original members pass away or are no longer up to touring, they've tried to substitute other people who played with Elvis and so on. 

I got the see it in person 3 times about 20 years ago and I gotta tell you, it was fucking amazing. I saw it in an arena twice and once in a theater. All 3 shows really made you feel like Elvis himself was there. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Variations of the band still tour. As original members pass away or are no longer up to touring, they've tried to substitute other people who played with Elvis and so on. 

I got the see it in person 3 times about 20 years ago and I gotta tell you, it was fucking amazing. I saw it in an arena twice and once in a theater. All 3 shows really made you feel like Elvis himself was there. 

Good they did the shows justice, rather than the embarassing Ronnie James Dio hologram thing Ronnies wife was involved in.

folks, the new release "from elvis in nashville" is received very well by the elvis community. Even people who are elvis collectors for all their lives are beyond excited for this. it is truly a revelation, and a stunning package. Ordered for christmas.

ElvisMatters - Startpagina | Facebook

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Good they did the shows justice, rather than the embarassing Ronnie James Dio hologram thing Ronnies wife was involved in.

Yeah, I was really impressed. Let me put it this way: during all 3 shows, there was at least one moment where I was so into it that I'd ended up glancing from the screen down to the stage where Elvis would be, then thought "Oh yeah, he's not even here!". 

You can find a pro shot version of it on YouTube. It's called "Elvis Lives In Concert" or something like that. It's not exactly the same as seeing it live but it'll give you an idea of how cool it was. 

3 hours ago, action said:

folks, the new release "from elvis in nashville" is received very well by the elvis community. Even people who are elvis collectors for all their lives are beyond excited for this. it is truly a revelation, and a stunning package. Ordered for christmas.

ElvisMatters - Startpagina | Facebook

Dammit, I keep forgetting that was released. I need to put together the scratch to be able to afford it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an elvis fan for 20 years, but his work is still a gift that keeps on giving.

I've got a couple of elvis related christmas gifts, the nashville and tupelo boxsets which I'm only just delving into and now I'm listening to the million dollar stuff.

wether it's the sun stuff, early RCA, back from the army, soundtracks, comeback, early vegas, mid 70s or later years; there's always a wealth to discover and it's never boring, always inspiring.

I feel that elvis works wonders against depression too. his vocal style is so uplifting, certainly the early 'acting the fool" style

Edited by action
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, Dean said:

I had no idea this was a thing, but it looks great.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The actor doesn't look much like him BUT Elvis is wayyyyyy more about mannerisms than just looks. I'll go see it on release day but his story is a LOT to cover in 2 or 2 1/2 hours. 

At first, I was excited to see a lot of jumpsuits in the trailer because I was thinking that means they wouldn't brush the 70s aside. But after watching it a few more times, I'm worried that the 70s will be covered by a "then he did a lot of concerts on drugs and died" montage. 

Again though, I'm going in with an open mind and we'll see what happens. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Lisa Marie Presley saw the movie, twice, and was blown away by Butler's performance. Very cool.

Yeah, I saw her tweets about it. That, coupled with this new trailer has me stoked. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 6:47 AM, RussTCB said:

Damn. The second trailer really has my hopes up:

The movie itself looks like it’ll be good, but I hate the modern music they’ve used in this. It sounds terrible, and just makes me appreciate old music that much more. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...