Axl from ’99, ’05 and ’08

18 hours ago, Hollyangel said:

I find it weird how obsessed people are with what Axl Rose looks like as he ages.  I thought people reserved that kind of thing for female stars lol.  I mean people joke about Keith Richards but not in the same way.  I don't know too many ageing male icons that get such attention.  No one cares what ageing stars like Angus Young, Dave Gilmour, Mick Jagger, Bono etc look like.  Perhaps its just Axls temperament, perceived weirdness and perhaps his own insecurity of what he looks like that draws such attention to him.  I always feel slightly sorry for him in this regard.  Dunno about Slash and his black hair, never gave it much thought.  Brian May rocks his gray hair anyway.  Funny how we seem to expect stars not to age. lol

totally is very weird

my sort of "obsession" is more because of the enigma during his reclusive years. Also how he changed the looks, voice, etc. In 2002 the band was pretty much dead and then being after that 3 years with no news, i thought GNR was done. But he managed to come back, best Axl in years!!

But also the interesting thing to me is that somehow he fucks up in the moments that could have been a turnaround for the band. What I mean is, for instance, in 2006 CD should have been put out and tour the shit out of it. Instead, the release the album in 08, after 1 year without touring and then star over again one year after. Eitherway, he comes back in 09 on fire, best of all Axl's versions. Then he starts to decline again, the tour is worn and bum: the reunion + Axl/DC.

Then again, in 2019/2020 he seemed to be hanging from the cliff and makes another (not so spectacular) but a decent come back in 2022 with carrie underwood. Call me a sucker, but I felt very happy when I saw him again this year, the guy's got something

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Obviously folk are interested in Axl's looks as he was as hot as hell in the younger days and then he seemed to change very quickly.  

I think it is called ageing and we all get caught by it no matter how good looking we were as youngsters.  Axl looks like a normal 60 yo man now.  I recently met someone recently at a conference who I knew from college days who was super hot and it wasn't till I read his name badge that I realised who he was.  He looked liked some ones grandad.  Some do better than others, some not as well.  Maybe because I am the same age as Axl as are my friends I see the changes as unwelcome but normal.   Even my best looking friends have not held the clock back.  I guess that is why I cant see what the fuss is about.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:56 PM, jamillos said:

1995. There's already a thread:

His face looks older and like he’s put on weight tho compared to those 95 pictures. Like in 95 with the white t shirt above, he looks exact the same as 93 but just shorter hair but in the Halloween pix he looks heavier faced and just older. 

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

1994/1995 ?

240884133-2015497891934869-9071590080800

Think I heard this is Halloween 1994 and that's Duff's daughter. There's another picture from the same day where Axl is dressed as a corncob.

I've gone at length in the other thread thinking that picture is 1999 but its just speculation. I feel like we won't have definitive proof of 1999 Axl unless a picture surfaces with him and members of the 1999 band like Freese or Finck.

Edited by mystery

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Think I heard this is Halloween 1994 and that's Duff's daughter. There's another picture from the same day where Axl is dressed as a corncob.

Duff's daughter was born in 1997. Axl didn't get to meet her as child, since Duff quit just after she was born.

4 minutes ago, mystery said:

Remember hearing it was someone related to the band.

Some people have said that it's Dizzy's daughter but I'm not sure if it's about this picture or another one of Axl with a child, and if it's based on actual information or it's just speculation.

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some people have said that it's Dizzy's daughter but I'm not sure if it's about this picture or another one of Axl with a child, and if it's based on actual information or it's just speculation.

Thanks, I think I meant Dizzy but got confused with Duff. 

On 8/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, lost un the jungle said:

my sort of "obsession" is more because of the enigma during his reclusive years. Also how he changed the looks, voice, etc. In 2002 the band was pretty much dead and then being after that 3 years with no news, i thought GNR was done. But he managed to come back, best Axl in years!!

But also the interesting thing to me is that somehow he fucks up in the moments that could have been a turnaround for the band. What I mean is, for instance, in 2006 CD should have been put out and tour the shit out of it. Instead, the release the album in 08, after 1 year without touring and then star over again one year after. Eitherway, he comes back in 09 on fire, best of all Axl's versions. Then he starts to decline again, the tour is worn and bum: the reunion + Axl/DC.

Then again, in 2019/2020 he seemed to be hanging from the cliff and makes another (not so spectacular) but a decent come back in 2022 with carrie underwood. Call me a sucker, but I felt very happy when I saw him again this year, the guy's got something

im with you in this at 100% axl is like a fenix

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Duff's daughter was born in 1997. Axl didn't get to meet her as child, since Duff quit just after she was born.

Its Dizzy’s daughter. Dizzy’s wife / ex wife reposted the pic on Twitter a while back saying so. 10/29/1994, same day as the pic with Dussalt

Bhkh0WUCEAApxDC.jpg

Edited by AxlRQ93
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2022 at 2:24 PM, mystery said:

I was wondering why they'd have a Halloween party on October 29th and not October 31st but I looked up that Halloween in 1994 was on a Monday. Makes sense to have a big Halloween party on a Saturday.

Yeah also remember Axl had two Halloween parties in one. One part of it was more kid friendly and was aimed at his friends’ children, the other for the adults. A Saturday night is perfect for this, since it’s Saturday for one but also if the parents are up a little late, that’s fine cause kids don’t have school the next day. So a Sat 10/29/94 party worked….

• Like 1