30 years ago Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert at Wembley Stadium

3 hours ago, Nintari said:

Axl exploding from the side of the stage for Bohemian Rhapsody, and then his We Will Rock You performance was, in retrospect, the absolute high-water mark of his career; it was his peak.

He sounded kinda crap on both of those songs though. The actual GNR set at the concert was very good though!

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Side note: here's another reminder that Extreme blew every other band away that day, including Guns N Roses:

Yep, nobody was following that. So, so very good! gonna have to watch it all over again now😄

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 6:43 AM, GNRmello77 said:

If they were allowed to play a 3rd song back then besides PC and KOHD what song would you guys choose? I'd go for Jungle, with the level of those 2 others it could've been the best Jungle ever 

One in a Million probably wasn't on the selection list!

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, Walapino said:

I read somewhere that SCOM was to be the 3rd song to be played but for time constraints it wasnt. Not sure if it was real but read it somewhere. 

This is indeed, true. Two songs were cancelled due to over running (this has been rumoured to be down to problems with Rick Allen's drum kit)..

Guns N' Roses were supposed to perform Sweet Child O' Mine. The other song that was dropped was 'A Kind of Magic'. There are two rumours about who was supposed to be singing that, it was either Roger Taylor or Chris Thompson (Manfred Mann's Earthband).

Another GNR rumour from that show, apparently the Scorpions were there ready to jump in if Axl didn't show. I have no idea how true this is.

I was near the front that day and it was bloody amazing. 

I also remember the protestors outside Wembley. Basically, nobody cared about them.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1