30 years ago Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert at Wembley Stadium

• We love Axl Rose changed the title to 20 years ago Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert at Wembley Stadium
  • We love Axl Rose changed the title to 30 years ago Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert at Wembley Stadium
1 hour ago, martinb33 said:

That Paradise City performance was FIRE.

My favorite part is just after the whistle and you see Slash "crab Running" sideways across the shot.

59 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Agreed. We Will Rock You was cool. Great show. Is it available on BluRay?

Yeah the whole show is on Blu-ray and i beleive that it's not out on UHD yet.

The preformance of KOHD is my favourite of all time. Love the Only Women Bleed intro. Watch Duff check on Axl just as they finish Only Women and go into Heavens.

• GNFNR 1

I basically stopped liking live Guns N' Roses in 1992. I couldn't get over how the raw, punkish rock band that had come across as a cohesive unit had evolved into a cabaret act with backup singers, Teddy and Dizzy, Izzy gone, a poodle on drums, and all the posturing and clothes changes. It became an act more than a loose and spontaneous rock show. Or at least that's how I felt it back then, and watching it again now I haven't really changed opinion. 

• Wow 1

The band was TIGHT that day. They killed it. Amazing when less is more by playing only 2 songs as opposed to 3 hours. Less chance for everything going off the rails. LOL  The best rendition of KOHD ever recorded. Give me some reggae!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I basically stopped liking live Guns N' Roses in 1992. I couldn't get over how the raw, punkish rock band that had come across as a cohesive unit had evolved into a cabaret act with backup singers, Teddy and Dizzy, Izzy gone, a poodle on drums, and all the posturing and clothes changes. It became an act more than a loose and spontaneous rock show. Or at least that's how I felt it back then, and watching it again now I haven't really changed opinion. 

the 80s band was so raw and dark i love it, however i love the 90s version to

• Like 3

I think Brian May had a post on Instagram not to long ago praising the performance of the band and particularly Axl. Feels like the start of the friendship between Brian May and Guns as he'd do some work during the Chinese Democracy sessions 7 years later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mystery said:

I think Brian May had a post on Instagram not to long ago praising the performance of the band and particularly Axl. Feels like the start of the friendship between Brian May and Guns as he'd do some work during the Chinese Democracy sessions 7 years later.

They actually became friends the year prior when they met him after the Wembley show.

August 31, 1991: Wembley
April 20, 1992: The Freddie Mercury Tribute concert
Becoming good friends with Brian May
November 1999-February 2000: Working with Brian May

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Thing is, the "cabaret act" as you put it, suits the music. Illusions are no where near as raw and aggressive as Appetite. I don't think the appetite image would of suited them playing songs like So Fine, Estranged, November Rain, Yesterdays

That was an interesting suggestion. I considered it seriously but concluded that I disagree. The music on the UYIs would benefit more from not having backup singers and Teddy, and I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so overblown and came across as more honest and genuine and less posturing and pretentious.

10 hours ago, DPR714 said:

The band was TIGHT that day. They killed it. Amazing when less is more by playing only 2 songs as opposed to 3 hours. Less chance for everything going off the rails. LOL  The best rendition of KOHD ever recorded. Give me some reggae!

Very tight, they were about a year into the tour and in fighting shape. It's a time capsule moment. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That was an interesting suggestion. I considered it seriously but concluded that I disagree. The music on the UYIs would benefit more from not having backup singers and Teddy, and I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so overblown and came across as more honest and genuine and less posturing and pretentious.

See I dont know if the songs would work if they were less overblown. The 87 November Rain versions, while good seem lacking overall.

Out of interest, how do you feel about some of the shows from the skin n bones leg of the illusions tour where they got rid of all the horns sections, back up dancers etc