09/21/22 - Curitiba, BR - Pedreira Paulo Leminski

alfierose

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Yup and not getting to grips with how his vocal regimen is not sufficient to get him to the finish line.

Is there anything he can do? I know he has the capacity to at the very least sing correctly, as in sing in key and say all the lines correctly and hit most of the right notes. But even when he does so he sounds weak. I understand that fans want the classics in those shows, but I often find myself wishing that he had gone the Robert Plant route and switched gears for something less demanding. Then again Plant sounded great with LZ in 2007 and he was 59 years old at that point (Axl is now 60). On that note, however, that was a one time performance, not a tour.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

Is there anything he can do? I know he has the capacity to at the very least sing correctly, as in sing in key and say all the lines correctly and hit most of the right notes. But even when he does so he sounds weak. I understand that fans want the classics in those shows, but I often find myself wishing that he had gone the Robert Plant route and switched gears for something less demanding. Then again Plant sounded great with LZ in 2007 and he was 59 years old at that point (Axl is now 60). On that note, however, that was a one time performance, not a tour.

YEAH PLANT SOUNDED "GREAT" BUT WITH LOW KEY...

1 hour ago, Sonic Reducer said:

There's plenty that can be done, even in the short term. I'm like a broken record, but a vocal coach (who deals with recovery) would be the first stop, Axls voice is shot. We don't know Axls health. He could have thyroid issues or anything that causes havoc with vocal chords... there are a lot of variables that can be at play. BUT assuming he's as fit as a horse, a coach can help him get back on the horse and powerfully and healthily sing his songs. Working pretty intensively for a few weeks and then bring that coach on tour and continue to monitor and assess. At Axls age and in GNRs lucky position of still making a lot of money, it would be wise to bring a vocal coach out just like they bring chiropractors and all sorts of other stuff to give them comfort on the road. Doing this 100% will prolong the amount of years he has left being able to sing the GNR hits. And... Axl would need to work with that coach and not do what JBJ does and bring a coach on the road and insist on everybody else using the coach while he obviously doesn't🤣

Keys also need to be looked at, of course some songs are fine where they are; others are beginning to be a 50/50 on whether he get up to that note (Better). 

Looking at the set and taking out some of the more ridiculously high ranged vocal songs, do they all need to be played every night? Do they also have to play a 3hr show every night? of course the answer is no. Yes, some fans will whinge and moan that a song was missing or the set was short, but if it makes the performance better then so be it.

None of this is on the cards though😄

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Yeah, but maybe brazillians don't have a culture of livestreaming.

Exactly. His voice was much better in Florianopolis.
The main problem here is that Axl seems to have a cold/flu since 2011.

"Long Cold" the predecessor to long COVID. Axl was patient zero.

• Haha 3

On 9/22/2022 at 8:38 PM, yumbeen said:

YEAH PLANT SOUNDED "GREAT" BUT WITH LOW KEY...

And Plant has a way healthier singing style and much closer to his talking voice. Axl has invented a singing style that is something unnatural to his vocal chords, his signature tone is distorted and it’s mixed voice. That’s why we shouldn’t not compare his condition to guys like Plant, Tyler, Coverdale, Dickinson etc. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jafeijo said:

And Plant has a way healthier singing style and much closer to his talking voice. Axl has invented a singing style that is something unnatural to his vocal chords, his signature tone is distorted and it’s mixed voice. That’s why we shouldn’t not compare his condition to guys like Plant, Tyler, Coverdale, Dickinson etc. 

Tyler is comparable, coverdale and plant too. Actually all are. If you sing with poor technique you will see damage whether you're Axl rose or Bruce Dickinson.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Tyler is comparable, coverdale and plant too. Actually all are. If you sing with poor technique you will see damage whether you're Axl rose or Bruce Dickinson.

I guess its about how close your singing voice is to your natural voice. Axls speaking voice is low af while his singing voice is medium/high. Thats why when he sings low nowadays, it sounds good. And it will always do. Because its his natural voice.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, FabioRoses said:

I guess its about how close your singing voice is to your natural voice. Axls speaking voice is low af while his singing voice is medium/high. Thats why when he sings low nowadays, it sounds good. And it will always do. Because its his natural voice.

This is what I was trying to explain, thank you!

• Like 1