Do you think Axl will ever sound as good as 2016?

Do you think Axl will ever sound as good as 2016?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Axl will ever sound as good as 2016?

• Yes, Axl will sound good as 2016 again.
    • No, Axl will never sound as good as 2016 again.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2022 at 12:00 PM

2 hours ago, mystery said:

Yes but Axl has had numerous meltdowns on stage in the past and has taken long gaps between performing. Its easier to do that than Metallica who've played shows pretty much every year with the exception of 2001. There's a bunch of bands from his generation still performing and some even older so its not that unique. I think Guns N' Roses fans are happy because we've been through the long droughts of nothing.

idk most of them are not in the legendary status as gnr with axl being a living icon, now with slash is something unique. is like queen with freddy and brian may living and playing today.

with metallica is the same with james and lars but there r not much more bands with that status 

I could see why Axl isn't to fond of the idea of tuning down since Gnr always tuned down a half step already. So instead of standard tuning they would play in D or lower, depending on the song, which can sound great but also kinda muddy and less powerful.

I’d guess the main reason he didn’t sound shit with AC/DC was that he knew he couldn’t get away with just coasting it. Having the honour of being called up by one of his favourite bands from youth meant putting everything into the performances. Also it would have actually been interesting and energising to sing that catalogue rather than doing same old SCOM and other ballads about women he doesn’t love anymore. Maybe there was a vocal coach involved too. 

To improve the GnR performances, yes tune down a step, even a full octave like he did for some Locomotive parts, and maybe change voice for some, I’ve always thought November Rain would sound better with the Patience voice anyway..

• Like 1