Why the lack of pyro?

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, SoulMonster said:

Straight from the horse's mouth: Because pyro isn't allowed in all countries on the tour so they dropped it altogether.

Shame Rammstein doesn't know about that. I'd say that's a bullshit reason.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, jekylhyde said:

It makes sense that they would be, if they would use a click track. But it's not a necessity, obviously.

With pyro, being dangerous and all, it is a different ball game. Last week I listened to a recording of what goes on in the in-ear-monitors of KISS members during shows and they have vocal cues, where there is a voice guiding them, saying things like "verse in four, three, two, one" and then they sing the verse. Something similar would probably go on with pyros. To remind the band when the pyros are about to go on, so they know not to stand near them. And if you don't use a click track, you obviously can't have those pyro cues. I guess, it is a safety and insurance thing. No click tracks, no pyros.

This is pure speculation, though :book:

Really? Where can one liste to that?

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 1:52 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Really? Where can one liste to that?

Just go to Youtube and type "Kiss in ear monitor".  A channel/user named "Sam Loomis KISS" has at least three recordings of what goes on in their in-ears :)

• Like 1