Question: You ain‘t the first - incomplete intro on vinyl

Hi there

I am just listening to my original 1991 German pressing of UYI I and noticed for the first time that Izzy‘s (?) „rollin?“ question before YATF is missing. 

YATF is the first song on side B and its directly starting with the „1, 2, 3, 4“-count-in. 

Can anyone confirm that this the case with all original pressings (US or EU) or do I own a misprint?

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

• zigzagbigbag changed the title to Question: You ain‘t the first - incomplete intro on vinyl
1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Ciao

Sto solo ascoltando la mia stampa tedesca originale del 1991 di UYI I e ho notato per la prima volta che la domanda di Izzy (?) "rollin?" prima che YATF mancasse. 

YATF è la prima canzone sul lato B e inizia direttamente con il conteggio "1, 2, 3, 4". 

Qualcuno può confermare che questo è il caso di tutte le stampe originali (USA o UE) o possiedo un errore di stampa?

Grazie in anticipo! 

In my version there is the intro that you mentioned and then the count. In Italy, but I bought my copies on Amazon.

8 minutes ago, klakly said:

In my version there is the intro that you mentioned and then the count. In Italy, but I bought my copies on Amazon.

Thank you very much for your response. Since you bought your copy on Amazon I assume it is one of the more recent reissues from the last 15 years or so. 

• Like 1

On a related note, I think Sorum says in his book that this song was supposed to have a full drum part, but when they came to record it he was too fucked up to play, so he ended up just tapping a tambourine or whatever along to the acoustic guitars. 

To the bar 

Edited by Nice Boy

3 hours ago, Swedish said:

I just checked on my 1991 German pressing as well and the "Rollin'" is gone from my copy as well! I must've listened to that record 50 times without ever noticing it, really cool! Thanks for pointing it out :)

Yes, I never noticed it before either. But I was in GNR mood yesterday, had a few beers and sang along loud. After Perfect Crime I flipped the record and suddenly was like „wait a minute“. 😄

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 1

Oh, good guess. Thanks!

I am from Germany, i.e. a non-native speaker and I was 11 years old when I became a fan in 1991. According to my english skills back then „earth take“ made total sense because I thought it was the bar‘s name 😆 It didn‘t take too long to notice that my interpretation might be wrong 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1