Albums you're looking forward to in 2023

oldnews

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and text that says "The new album Out 6th September Pre-order now LP,CD,Blu-ray LP,CD,Blu-ray&Digiral Blu-ray & Digital David Gilmour LUCK and STRANGE davidgilmour.com" 

David Gimour announced a new album. One of my favourite guitarists ever, but still I'm not sure how to feel. If I'm completely honest his work cowritten with his wife Polly is pretty boring. I miss Rick and Nick their input to make it interesting. Rattle That Lock was kinda dull too. Live the Floyd stuff is what really makes it worth it for me. On An Island was okay, but only just okay as well. He's such a stellar player still, but I'm not really going to get my hopes up. 

Rattle that Lock had a few good tracks imo, but I don't revisit his solo material a ton. I am still excited to listen, but what really gets me excited is the prospect of a final tour! Hoping he does a few NY or Chicago dates like he did for On an Island and RTL. He is one of the last few big names I haven't seen, yet. I had a ticket to see the RTL tour in Chicago but sold it to see the first arena GNR reunion gig in Vegas!

I actually really like The Division Bell, but overall, I would hope there is minimal Polly. Her lyrics on "Louder Than Words' are abominable and ruin what could be a decent song. 

Edited by ZoSoRose

So I've heard the new David Gilmour's single, and the ending is pretty cool (I need to give it another go), but the very end was quite cut. And I remembered reading an interview with him where he said he'd called in a producer whom he likes, but this guy apparently started to mess with the arrangement of songs, like "does there have to be a solo, do all the songs have to end with fade-outs" etc. And I thought, fuck! Please don't let these money pricks who are not talented artists themselves mess with your material! And so here we go, a cut song ending where I'd bet a fade-out was originally.