Albums you're looking forward to in 2023

oldnews

Don’t know if there’s many Prince fans around here but what a hell of a set! 

75 total tracks
47 previously unreleased tracks, 33 being vault tracks 

2 full live shows on blu ray with a show rehearsal included mixed to Dolby Atmos, 5.1 or stereo

Also included on the blu ray is a collection of all the music videos for the album originally released on VHS in 1993 restored to 1080p

There is a separate limited edition D+P blu ray album to enjoy the remastered album in Dolby Atmos Mix

All of that and very reasonably priced! £159.99 for CD set and £299.99 for LP set

Christmas is coming early for me this year 😅

IMG_1077.jpeg.3a92a340d58e83b45df2462061aa5df5.jpeg

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-diamonds-and-pearls-reissue-confirmed-full-details/

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, D4NNY said:

75 total tracks

2 full live shows on blu ray with a show rehearsal included mixed to Dolby Atmos, 5.1 or stereo

Also included on the blu ray is a collection of all the music videos for the album originally released on VHS in 1993 restored to 1080p

There is a separate limited edition D+P blu ray album to enjoy the remastered album in Dolby Atmos Mix

All of that and very reasonably priced! £159.99 for CD set and £299.99 for LP set

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/prince-diamonds-and-pearls-reissue-confirmed-full-details/

I'm not a Prince fan, but DAMN! Take notes, GnR. This is how it's done. 

• Like 4

On 8/24/2023 at 9:20 PM, D4NNY said:

75 total tracks

Massive Prince fan here, but D&P has to be one of his worst albums. Despite it's success at the time, it has aged like sour milk. I know many of the outtakes already and there's a few good tracks in there for sure, but a D&P super deluxe would've been way, way down my list of desired projects from his estate. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 4:01 PM, Cosmo said:

Not confirmed but I’m hoping for:

-  Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

-  Kadavar

- Blues Pills

- Electric Wizard maybe?

- Fu Manchu?

- King Gizzard will definitely release something

And on the confirmed side, there’s new Metallica which might be good

So far only Metallica, which was already announced, and King Gizzard, which is no surprise :lol:

15 hours ago, Towelie said:

Massive Prince fan here, but D&P has to be one of his worst albums. Despite it's success at the time, it has aged like sour milk. I know many of the outtakes already and there's a few good tracks in there for sure, but a D&P super deluxe would've been way, way down my list of desired projects from his estate. 

There’s quite a bit of filler on D&P for sure but there is some of my favourite songs on that album (Cream, Gett Off, Strollin’, Thunder, Push) so I can’t help but be excited for them. I think all the extra stuff is what really makes it an exciting purchase. I would’ve preferred if they could’ve mixed both D&P and Love Symbol Album in to a box set, I’ve kind of viewed them as a pair as the sound/style is so similar but then I guess the size and price would be insane. 

21 hours ago, D4NNY said:

There’s quite a bit of filler on D&P for sure but there is some of my favourite songs on that album (Cream, Gett Off, Strollin’, Thunder, Push) so I can’t help but be excited for them. I think all the extra stuff is what really makes it an exciting purchase. I would’ve preferred if they could’ve mixed both D&P and Love Symbol Album in to a box set, I’ve kind of viewed them as a pair as the sound/style is so similar but then I guess the size and price would be insane. 

Yo! Prince is actually my favourite artist of all time. Unreal talent and discography of material. The fact the man could release an album every year of the 80s (apart from '83) with each building on the last and being different and unique, whilst also producing for dozens of other artists and writing hits like NCTU and Manic Monday and just giving them away! The man created his own competition (while Kiss was #1, MM was #2!), he created a scene and sound and as revered as he is, I often think, while part of the big 3 with Madge and MJ, he is often left behind due to at times, not being as commercial and certainly he paved his own path and did not tow the line...D&P gets a mixed reception, some love the new direction and the introduction of the NPG! While others think it was the one time he chased trends and are stuck in the 80s and can't get past The Revolution.....the brilliant thing about P is, he was always 3 albums ahead of his fan base...if you didn't like him yet, he was coming for your tastes eventually with something for you....D&P was chasing the New Jack Swing era, Teddy Riley style (See MJ Dangerous etc) however it is definitely in P's inimitable style...I think D&P is front loaded with 6 to 7 cracking tunes which will really benefit from a facelift with the great Bernie Grubdmans remastering....he did wonders on 1999 and SOTT, this album has dated production wise, I think it'll lift it a lot! There's some great material on there and it's probably P's most collaborative effort, actually letting the band write and play more...

Like a lot of P though, it's the stuff that didn't get out of the Park that is often better or at least more interesting...why did he not use this version on the LP, it's sooo much more alive, what a vocal!!! It's on the Super Deluxe as an alternative!! I've ordered already, I'll probably drone on more later now I've found some P fans in here! 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yo! Prince is actually my favourite artist of all time. Unreal talent and discography of material. The fact the man could release an album every year of the 80s (apart from '83) with each building on the last and being different and unique, whilst also producing for dozens of other artists and writing hits like NCTU and Manic Monday and just giving them away! The man created his own competition (while Kiss was #1, MM was #2!), he created a scene and sound and as revered as he is, I often think, while part of the big 3 with Madge and MJ, he is often left behind due to at times, not being as commercial and certainly he paved his own path and did not tow the line...D&P gets a mixed reception, some love the new direction and the introduction of the NPG! While others think it was the one time he chased trends and are stuck in the 80s and can't get past The Revolution.....the brilliant thing about P is, he was always 3 albums ahead of his fan base...if you didn't like him yet, he was coming for your tastes eventually with something for you....D&P was chasing the New Jack Swing era, Teddy Riley style (See MJ Dangerous etc) however it is definitely in P's inimitable style...I think D&P is front loaded with 6 to 7 cracking tunes which will really benefit from a facelift with the great Bernie Grubdmans remastering....he did wonders on 1999 and SOTT, this album has dated production wise, I think it'll lift it a lot! There's some great material on there and it's probably P's most collaborative effort, actually letting the band write and play more...

Like a lot of P though, it's the stuff that didn't get out of the Park that is often better or at least more interesting...why did he not use this version on the LP, it's sooo much more alive, what a vocal!!! It's on the Super Deluxe as an alternative!! I've ordered already, I'll probably drone on more later now I've found some P fans in here! 

Agree with everything! To be honest as much as I love The Revolution era and Prince of the late 80’s (what most casuals or even some big fans prefer) there is something about entire 90’s era Prince that is just perfection to me. So many albums, triple albums included, so many sounds, so much daring choices he made musically and professionally/personally. He completely shifted gears at the beginning of the 90’s and it was brilliant.  I’m hoping for a remaster of Come or Chaos And Disorder at some point down the line🤞🏼

Also love that video of W&A, beautiful performance from all of them. Will always have a soft spot for Rosie’s backing vocals. 

Also fun fact for any members reading this, Michael Bland (Prince/NPG drummer) apparently auditioned for Guns in ‘97/‘98ish

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Agree with everything! To be honest as much as I love The Revolution era and Prince of the late 80’s (what most casuals or even some big fans prefer) there is something about entire 90’s era Prince that is just perfection to me. So many albums, triple albums included, so many sounds, so much daring choices he made musically and professionally/personally. He completely shifted gears at the beginning of the 90’s and it was brilliant.  I’m hoping for a remaster of Come or Chaos And Disorder at some point down the line🤞🏼

Ditto! Gold Experience is very understated beyond the big fans too. What a diverse rock album that is. Touring with hardly any of the hits anymore in that era too! He was basically never influenced by anything other than where his head was currently at. When referred to as "The Artist" it's completely fitting, as he embodied complete artistry and mastery of his craft! Apart from engineering too quickly his material himself at times....he should of delagated that a bit more....Bernie is a master and he's gonna make this sound so much better! 

It's so telling that his influence is with every kinda musician and style ...Look at a punk kid like Duff....his most influential album on his playing he said was "1999"...that would surprise a lot. Not Iggy or whatever, Prince! Loved his write up in the SDE for that! 

You seem like a big fan, so you'll no doubt have seen this...of not, how about this to bookend the 90s, the era you loved! It's like he's possessed, channeling some pain and the crowd is insane, the way he works them and the solo.....jesus! 

Channeling some of the Chaos and Disorder rock....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Channeling some of the Chaos and Disorder rock....

I have never seen that before, that is a gem. Thanks for sharing!

If anyone wanted proof of natural born talent, that is it. The voice, the guitar playing, the emotion, the moves, the charisma, the crowd control, making them hang on to every word, how “cool” just oozed from everything he did. Every single ounce of effort he put in to every performance and his career as a whole. It will never be matched or seen again. I’m just glad we have a monster of a catalogue to enjoy for the rest of our days. The man gave so much and asked for little in return. A true “Artist”.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

If anyone wanted proof of natural born talent, that is it. The voice, the guitar playing, the emotion, the moves, the charisma, the crowd control, making them hang on to every word, how “cool” just oozed from everything he did. Every single ounce of effort he put in to every performance and his career as a whole. It will never be matched or seen again. I’m just glad we have a monster of a catalogue to enjoy for the rest of our days. The man gave so much and asked for little in return. A true “Artist”.

Plus if a man can rock up in that fleece and ooze badass mutha fucker cool like that...🙌

Till the next chapter my friend!

2 hours ago, D4NNY said:

I'm never seen someone that in sync with their band....they turn on a dime when he says and sometimes unplanned and impromptu, the hand goes up, no this is me alone now! I mean he was ruthless, of they fucked up, he'd fine them! If you're gonna get to that level, you have to be a mad genius!  Yep, I love Rosie too...apparently some of the vault tracks will feature a bunch of unheard Rosie vocals so that should please you!

Plus if a man can rock up in that fleece and ooze badass mutha fucker cool like that...🙌

Till the next chapter my friend!

The albums I'm happy about this year have been: 
The Teskey Brothers - The Winding Way
DeWolff - Love, Death & In Between
Bob Dylan - Shadow Kingdom
Cowboys In The Campfire - Wronger
Foo Fighters - But Here We Are
Metallica - 72 Seasons
Connor Selby - Connor Selby 
Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol. 17: Fragments

I'm still very much looking forward to: 
Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds
Bombino - Sahel 

But surprises might come along.

I'm still kind of hoping for a new Matt Schofield album, since his last was from 2014

Edited by username

• 1 month later...