Albums you're looking forward to in 2023

oldnews

I usually have a ton of albums to look forward to at the start of a year but the only ones I can think of right now are 'Metallica - 72 Seasons', 'Tar Blossom - From the Winter Tales' and whatever Kerry King's new band is called (seems to be like waiting for Chinese Democracy all over again)

any you are looking forward to ?

I'm also looking forward to some new Metallica and an album by this odd punkish band called Screaming Females. I've also hit a dry spell, it has given me time to clean out an old last.fm account and laugh at all the terrible metalcore bands I listened to and saw from 2000 to 2008 (and apparently In Flames is still a band and releasing an album soon).

• Haha 1

Yelawolf's albums - he posted a message on instagram a couple days ago saying he plans to wrap up his next album in February, and he'll drop a couple mixtape projects before the album is released. He's working with the guy who produced his best album (Love Story) so I'm stoked for that. Sometimes Y (Yelawolf & Shooter Jennings) will also release their second album sometime this year, called Temple's Chariot.

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I was really into them like 10-12 years ago, saw them live a few times, but the last thing I heard from them was some re-recorded Clayman songs and they sounded like shit.

That's too bad, I used to really like them. Sounds like I'll probably be tossing them into my current reject pile. 

Keith has been hinting on a new Stones album. I'd definitely love that.

I'll probably check out the new Metallica.

Other than that I really have no idea what's realistically coming.

Ian Noe might be working on a new album and I'd be very excited to hear that. 

Hoping for a new Teskey Brothers album as well. 

There's also a new Bob Dylan Bootleg Series album on the way, focussing on his Time Out Of Mind period. Volume 17. And while I'm a massive fan of the series, this particular one seems very disappointing to me. There's a remaster of the original album which I don't care for and which has never happened in one of the previous 16 issues of this series. All the other ones were full of demo's, live recordings, alternate takes etc. So that sucks. The bonus material is minimal (1 disc compared to at least two in general) and has overlap with Bootleg Series Vol 8 which already focussed on 1989-2006. So it feels very cashgrab'ish in an otherwise great release series.  

Edited by username

Not confirmed but I’m hoping for:

-  Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

-  Kadavar

- Blues Pills

- Electric Wizard maybe?

- Fu Manchu?

- King Gizzard will definitely release something

And on the confirmed side, there’s new Metallica which might be good

Oh, and Lord Mountain released The Oath just the other day. Still haven’t checked it out, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Foxy Shazam started teasing a new album today :D

image.png

and The Struts posted a live acoustic version of a new song on youtube a few days ago, hopefully they announce an album soon.

That song is fucking sweet. Just checked it out on Spotify, they’ve dropped an acoustic EP.

FYI, @RussTCB, pleasantly surprised

Edited by Dean
  • Like 2

Confirmed albums I’m looking forward to: Metallica, Extreme, The Orwells (i know they’re shitty people but I still like their music), Smashing Pumpkins (Atum Act 3 plus the 10 bonus tracks)

Unconfirmed albums I’m hoping get confirmed: GnR(lol), RHCP (apparently they were in the studio with Rubin again recently), FNM (hopefully Patton patches things up with the rest of them)

Edited by rocknroll41

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Unconfirmed albums I’m hoping get confirmed:RHCP (apparently they were in the studio with Rubin again recently)

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a live album this year at least. Hopefully the last dozen songs or so from the UL/ROTDC sessions get released, too.

Yelawolf is working on another Trunk Muzik album too... so that's potentially 4 albums he'll release this year (Yelawolf x Blacksheep 2, Temple's Chariot, the album produced by Malay, and Trunk Muzik 4). :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Foxy Shazam just surprise released a new album :D

image.png

edit: I've listened a few times and this is a great album. I liked their last couple albums but this is way better, the production is definitely a step up. It's their longest album, 18 tracks, 54 minutes, and it flows so well. Thrasher With Jim Carrey is totally out of place but aside from that it's a really cohesive album. They try some weird stuff on this album, like Fireworks or Perfume, but it works. This is easily their best album since Gonzo and I think a lot of fans will like it more than Gonzo.

Edited by Gordon Comstock