Albums you're looking forward to in 2023

oldnews

Taking refuge in a different MYGNR realm...

While Guns struggle to get their carrier pigeon to delivery their 7"...

A very talented dead 😔 guy has just put out 3 albums worth of unreleased material and 12 albums worth of unreleased in the last 4 years! 

Some amazing gems....to think someone would record things like this and just leave the studio, put them in a box (the vault) and then 32 years later we get to hear them! Incredible god-given talent, the purple one..

@D4NNYyou been listening?

(Above) This is like he's channeling BB King just cause he can....

(Below) Ridiculously Funky! Drunk on his own genius....the NPG - what a band!

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Taking refuge in a different MYGNR realm...

While Guns struggle to get their carrier pigeon to delivery their 7"...

A very talented dead 😔 guy has just put out 3 albums worth of unreleased material and 12 albums worth of unreleased in the last 4 years! 

Some amazing gems....to think someone would record things like this and just leave the studio, put them in a box (the vault) and then 32 years later we get to hear them! Incredible god-given talent, the purple one..

@D4NNYyou been listening?

This is like he's channeling BB King just cause he can....

Ridiculously Funky! Drunk on his own genius....the NPG - what a band!

Oh I’ve been listening for sure! Sound is brilliant and the amount of tracks in this package is like finding gold.. or diamonds in this case. 
To think all these tracks that had been vaulted and just for this one album!! Only another 25-30 albums worth of vaulted treasure to explore (potentially way more) 😂

Some highlights for me so far are 

Nice fun jam, and after listening to the recent Prince podcast, the back story of Carrie in the schoolyard was quite funny. She didn’t seem too pleased with some of the lyrical choices 😅

Nice and heavy guitar driven track, but for me it’s having the chance to hear the inner workings of Prince and the NPG, Prince showing control and leading the changes and timings. The guy wasn’t just a musician.. he was the music. 

Edited by D4NNY
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there a 2024 version of this yet? :D 

So far I'm already enjoying the Circle Session EP by the Teskey Brothers

And still looking forward to: 
Kid Kapichi - There Goes The Neighbourhood (2024-03-15)
Black Crowes - Happiness Bastards (2024-03-15)
Alestorm - Voyage Of The Dead Marauder EP (2024-03-22)

Other than that I've heard rumblings of a new RHCP album and maybe even more Stones stuff. I'd love both. 

7 hours ago, username said:

Is there a 2024 version of this yet? :D 

So far I'm already enjoying the Circle Session EP by the Teskey Brothers

And still looking forward to: 
Kid Kapichi - There Goes The Neighbourhood (2024-03-15)
Black Crowes - Happiness Bastards (2024-03-15)
Alestorm - Voyage Of The Dead Marauder EP (2024-03-22)

Other than that I've heard rumblings of a new RHCP album and maybe even more Stones stuff. I'd love both. 

Where did you hear rumblings about another RHCP album?

3 minutes ago, username said:

I read it somewhere and I can't for the life of me remember where :( Sorry, I know that's pretty useless. :lol:

Was it recently? There were rumors about them dropping an album in June of last year, but it never materialized.

There's been 'rumours' of them dropping the rest of the UL/DC sessions for quite a while, but I don't think it's gonna happen...

When they were in South America someone asked Flea about new music, he said 'we have some we haven't released, and I don't know when we're gonna record again'. Doesn't really sound like they've got anything lined up. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0OoCf0OsSZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

@Gordon Comstock 8 years should be nothing to you man :lol:

They've only been teasing this album and playing songs live for like 3 years, so it's not too bad. I posted their single Daydreaming on page 2 of this thread almost a year ago :lol:

They released an occasional single and Anderson .Paak has released tons of good music, I can't really complain if it took them this long to really get back together for an album and hopefully tour. The singles have all been great so far.

• Like 1

So far the most interesting releases for me were 

Teskey Brothers - The Circle Sessions EP
A great intimate live EP, great stuff. 

Kid Kapichi - There Goes The Neighbourhood 
A continuation of their previous album, which I absolutely love. Although not as good as that one, this was still a very nice release that I'm playing a lot. 

The Black Crowes - Happiness Bastards
I haven't played this enough yet. It's all enjoyable, but nothing has struck me as a real standout earworm so far. 

AleStorm - Voyage Of The Dead Marauder EP
This was such a mixed bag. The first single (the title track) seemed like a more serious AleStorm song that would've fit on their first two albums, but the rest was also a ton of party sillyness. Overall I can best describe this as an AleStorm EP. A mixed bag, but I still like everything they've thrown in that mix. 

The releases I'm looking forward to the most now are: 

2024-04-19 Pearl Jam - Dark Matter
2024-05-03 Mdou Moctar - Funeral For Justice 
2024-05-17 Slash - Orgy Of The Damned

So far I've resisted listening to both new PJ singles in order to go into the album as blind as possible. Slash's first single was great and Mdou Moctar's first single a bit heavy for their doing but therefor very interesting too. 

Other than these I don't have any albums I'm really looking forward to. We'll see. 

Edited by username