07/11/23 - Landgraaf, NL - Megaland

downzy

This venue is home to Pinkpop, which I believe is the world's longest running uninterrupted music festival. Slash's Snakepit played there in 1995, and SMKC in 2010, 2014 and 2019.
The GNR concert is organised by the same people who organise Pinkpop, so I expect everything to be well arranged. I've never been, but I'll be going there for a Bruce Springsteen concert one month prior to GNR, so I will report back after that:lol:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been to Pinkpop around 25 times, because I live nearby (I can go by bike). It's well organised so I expect this gig will be as well. Sometimes there is a long queue to enter the site or to get a beer, but it also depends on wich bar you select. It can be a 20-30 minute walk from parking to the venue. Trainstation is about 30-40 minute walk. Maximum capacity is around 70.000, but I've read on an other forum that tickets are not selling very fast...

Quality of sound really depends on where you stand. In the middle is usually fine. But on the left side (facing stage) there's some kind of large gap, I suggest to avoid that area because sound and sight can be horrible.

Edited by Ron79

• 1 month later...

I considered this gig but the logistics and accommodation situation out in the countryside is too much of a hassle for me.  I see Weert is an actual town.  Any suggestions of the most convenient route flying in from Copenhagen? Trains from Amsterdam and Düsseldorf take about the same amount of time even though Düsseldorf is half the distance away (maybe has more changes).

2 hours ago, JasmineSwe said:

I considered this gig but the logistics and accommodation situation out in the countryside is too much of a hassle for me.  I see Weert is an actual town.  Any suggestions of the most convenient route flying in from Copenhagen? Trains from Amsterdam and Düsseldorf take about the same amount of time even though Düsseldorf is half the distance away (maybe has more changes).

Maybe you can fly to Eindhoven? That’ll be 20 minutes to get to the city centre by bus. There’s plenty of places to stay there and the city is pretty international. Trains from there to Weert are 20 minutes.

when you’re at Weert train station it’s either a 45 minute walk to the venue or you take the bus. I’d be very surprised if there weren’t specific busses for the event, but I haven’t read anything about it.

a car would be easier/quicker, but you said you’d be flying in

edit: there are busses from the train station to the venue: https://www.mojo.nl/concerten/gunsnroses/

Edited by svdv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, svdv said:

Maybe you can fly to Eindhoven? That’ll be 20 minutes to get to the city centre by bus. There’s plenty of places to stay there and the city is pretty international. Trains from there to Weert are 20 minutes.

when you’re at Weert train station it’s either a 45 minute walk to the venue or you take the bus. I’d be very surprised if there weren’t specific busses for the event, but I haven’t read anything about it.

a car would be easier/quicker, but you said you’d be flying in

edit: there are busses from the train station to the venue: https://www.mojo.nl/concerten/gunsnroses/

Thank you! I didn't think of Eindhoven, seems like a convenient option. There are direct flights from Copenhagen. 

11 hours ago, Paulus77 said:

Confirmed now by several parties including the promotor. Roughly 15k tickets sold, they hope they can sell 30k.

How are they gonna sell another 15k in three months without any sort of Promotion whatsoever. I don't see it

But TB is busy being on holiday their whole fucking life that there's not time to take care of that. God I hate these Brazilian leeches. Most useless human specimen ever made

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 7:38 PM, JasmineSwe said:

GC ticket, flight tickets and hotel sorted! Bringing my steel cap boots to fight my way to the rail :)

See you all there if you like!

Planning to go too. I guess you're going from Sweden? Do you fly directly to NL or doing some stopover i Copenhagen? It seems like there is no direct flights to NL other than Amsterdam. But not sure.

On 4/7/2023 at 10:52 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

How are they gonna sell another 15k in three months without any sort of Promotion whatsoever. I don't see it

But TB is busy being on holiday their whole fucking life that there's not time to take care of that. God I hate these Brazilian leeches. Most useless human specimen ever made

You don't even live here, so how would you know? I've been seeing commercials on both radio and TV for this show for months already.

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Planning to go too. I guess you're going from Sweden? Do you fly directly to NL or doing some stopover i Copenhagen? It seems like there is no direct flights to NL other than Amsterdam. But not sure.

I live in Skåne so I fly from Copenhagen, there are direct flights to Eindhoven with Transavia. I see that they don't fly from Sweden to Eindhoven. So a stopover in Copenhagen could be an option for you? (depending on where you live). It'd be fun with more Swedes invading Netherlands for this show :)

I'm planning to go too, unfortunately the most convenient and cheapest flight from Italy for my wife and I is to Charleroi. Then from there I'll probably have to take a rental car and drive for a couple of hours, if anyone knows another more comfortable way to get there let me know. Plus I have to be at the airport for the return flight at 7 the next day:blink:

Just now, Mr. Bullshit said:

I'm planning to go too, unfortunately the most convenient and cheapest flight from Italy for my wife and I is to Charleroi. Then from there I'll probably have to take a rental car and drive for a couple of hours, if anyone knows another more comfortable way to get there let me know. Plus I have to be at the airport for the return flight at 7 the next day:blink:

Try flying to Düsseldorf. It think it's about 90mins from there

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Try flying to Düsseldorf. It think it's about 90mins from there

Yes, I have evaluated it. Unfortunately, due to work and family commitments, it is not convenient for me. It is closer in terms of distance from the location, but it has unfavorable flight schedules, and there is no direct flight available the following day to my city. I have tried all possibilities, and Charleroi is the least inconvenient option.

• Sad 1

For the Dutch people here who are planning to go last minute and haven't bought tickets yet: if you are a customer of Vodafone or Ziggo, you can buy the standard tickets through their Priority service for € 65 instead of €100. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links here so just Google it.

On 4/7/2023 at 10:52 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Well, in terms of promotion I've seen the option to buy tickets for 30% off for every Vodafone/Ziggo customer. On top of that Mojo (the promoter, not the retard) are now actively promoting GnR on social media. I've seen them share pics of other gigs etc etc. It seems like they're getting increasingly desperate, which makes me think they're nowhere near that 30K yet.  

Then again they did do what.... 50K people in Groningen last year? I bet that factors in as well. 

• 2 weeks later...