07/11/23 - Landgraaf, NL - Megaland

downzy

8 hours ago, JY2016 said:

After getting back from a great GNR weekend in Rome yesterday and really looking forward to tomorrow, my old injury decided to return tonight, so after 25 years since the last time, my kneecap flipped out. Just back from the hospital and spoke with the doctors and I can still go with the walking tube. And well, after I flew to the GNR show in Gothenburg in Sweden in 2018 after I broke my shoulder on four places as result of a cycling incident and I had not had surgery yet at the time, I think this will be doable.

So if you see someone in the Golden Circle with a walking tube on his left leg and walking crutches, be kind and watch out a little… 

Let’s fn go!

That's some dedication right there. Hope it goes as smooth as it can for you

18 minutes ago, julian204 said:

An article in the local newspaper states that about 20k tickets have been sold. Quite a big contrast with the other shows on this tour, at least from what I've seen on social media 

Must be a small golden circle then, finally :-)

19 minutes ago, julian204 said:

An article in the local newspaper states that about 20k tickets have been sold. Quite a big contrast with the other shows on this tour, at least from what I've seen on social media 

I wonder why this show is flopping so hard when all the other Middle East/Europe shows have decent to great attendance. Was there a lot of competition in the Netherlands this summer? Maybe GN'R announced too late.

Edited by meadsoap

7 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

I wonder why this show is flopping so hard when all the other Middle East/Europe shows have decent to great attendance. Was there a lot of competition in the Netherlands this summer? Maybe GN'R announced too late.

Netherlands is a small country and they played there everytime they came to Europe 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

Promotion lacks a bit for this concert, and they were here last year at my home town. I gues its only hardcore fans tonight :lol::headbang:

2 hours ago, julian204 said:

Iron Maiden is playing tonight at a different venue in NL and they announced before GN'R. I guess they draw kind of the same audience. GN'R have played here 3 times now, so all the casuals have already had a chance to see them. Also, a lot of people farther north in the country can't be bothered to drive this far south, especially since it's a working day.

All things considered (:slash:), these are hopefully the right ingredients for an intimate 3,5 hour show with a good setlist :D.

I haven't checked the setlist yet for the shows on this tour because I want to be surprised tonight. Something special about not knowing what songs they'll be playing or which song's coming up next

Ah. Iron Maiden played at the same night as Pearl Jam in Stockholm 2000. 

Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam are Iron Maiden-in-the-same-town buddies now. 

3 hours ago, Robert39 said:

Promotion lacks a bit for this concert, and they were here last year at my home town. I gues its only hardcore fans tonight :lol::headbang:

Months prior to this show I've seen and heard quite a few commercials on TV and radio promoting this show, so I don't think this is true.

2 hours ago, julian204 said:

Iron Maiden is playing tonight at a different venue in NL and they announced before GN'R. I guess they draw kind of the same audience. GN'R have played here 3 times now, so all the casuals have already had a chance to see them. Also, a lot of people farther north in the country can't be bothered to drive this far south, especially since it's a working day.

All things considered (:slash:), these are hopefully the right ingredients for an intimate 3,5 hour show with a good setlist :D.

I haven't checked the setlist yet for the shows on this tour because I want to be surprised tonight. Something special about not knowing what songs they'll be playing or which song's coming up next

How stupid do you have to be to book both on the same night?