06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

4 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I love Patience but for me it’s one of the songs this lineup can’t do justice and it’s not even because of Axl. It always feels rushed and like they just wanna get it done, which is a shame because the song is so good. Also while I usually like franks drumming, I think he sounds very flat here 

I think their version of Patience is fine but I'd like to see them do a completely acoustic version. I've wanted them to bring back the acoustic sets for a while and stripped down versions of Patience, KOHD and maybe even Nov Rain would be pretty cool.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I get people sticking up for the band. But if people disagree with what he wrote then what he deserves is to  be ignored.

The people who wrote these reviews know less about the band than the people on this board or gnrevo....possibly more than people on reddit. But why anyone gives a French fried titty fuck what a reviewer says about a show they enjoyed I don't know

I understand that with good reviews there’s going to be the bad also. And I’ve read most of the bad from the past few days and most of them I can understand and appreciate their opinions or certain dislikes with his voice or even certain lyrics etc.

But reading that one review from that scrote bag really got to me in the sense you read it knowing this guy disliked the band or just Axl alone before hand and already had an idea of what he wanted to write before even watching that show and then to say the “worst glasto show ever”…?? That really is scrapping the barrel to offend. Am I losing sleep over it or crying over it, of course not, but what an absolute useless turd.
I do agree though, his opinion means nothing in the long run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think their version of Patience is fine but I'd like to see them do a completely acoustic version. I've wanted them to bring back the acoustic sets for a while and stripped down versions of Patience, KOHD and maybe even Nov Rain would be pretty cool.

Sure....this long into the reunion, it would be nice to see some show variation, even NU-GNR did this pretty well, like the up close and personal gigs, the strippers in Vegas! Lol 

But yea, they have material that would be cool to mix in for an acoustic sofa set....particularly when you're doing a 3 hr show, it would provide eb and flow! Maybe in the future ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Sure....this long into the reunion, it would be nice to see some show variation, even NU-GNR did this pretty well, like the up close and personal gigs, the strippers in Vegas! Lol 

But yea, they have material that would be cool to mix in for an acoustic sofa set....particularly when you're doing a 3 hr show, it would provide eb and flow! Maybe in the future ...

And it would be a good excuse to play You Ain't The First again. :D

An acoustic set somewhere near the middle of the show would be nice. They sometimes do Nov Rain/KOHD/Wichita near the end of the main set but by that point it feels like a lull in the show. It would be cool if they did a main set that was mostly fast-paced then an acoustic set as the first encore. It would also be cool if they did it on a B-stage like the Stones...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

An acoustic set somewhere near the middle of the show would be nice. They sometimes do Nov Rain/KOHD/Wichita near the end of the main set but by that point it feels like a lull in the show. It would be cool if they did a main set that was mostly fast-paced then an acoustic set as the first encore. It would also be cool if they did it on a B-stage like the Stones...

When's the last time they had a bstage? Have they ever had one? 

Should have one, acoustic set concluding in Axl's piano rising from bstage for Nov rain...back to main stage....

Edited by colonizedmind

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Patience is likely always going to be there but I reckon doing a few acoustic songs would work better in context than just doing one then straight back to electric.

Obviously there's stuff from Lies and the acoustic stuff from the Illusions but it'd be interesting to hear them maybe rework some other material in that format. They did a really cool acoustic version of Catcher way back when BBF was in the band. I'm sure it was some random show in Paris. Would add a bit more variety hearing something a bit different.

1 minute ago, Bansidhe said:

Patience is likely always going to be there but I reckon doing a few acoustic songs would work better in context than just doing one then straight back to electric.

Obviously there's stuff from Lies and the acoustic stuff from the Illusions but it'd be interesting to hear them maybe rework some other material in that format. They did a really cool acoustic version of Catcher way back when BBF was in the band. I'm sure it was some random show in Paris. Would add a bit more variety hearing something a bit different.

Had forgot about that show for some fashiom show....in a Paris cafe back bit wasn't it?

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Had forgot about that show for some fashiom show....in a Paris cafe back bit wasn't it?

Here it is

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2010/larc-paris-france-23d5d83f.html

When's the last time they had a bstage? Have they ever had one? 

Should have one, acoustic set concluding in Axl's piano rising from bstage for Nov rain...back to main stage....

I don't think they've ever had one but there's a few bands who do their acoustic sets on smaller stages, and it's cool for the people at the back of the venue if the b-stage is near the back of the floor. Just put them on one big couch, Frank and Melissa get tambourines and maybe Dizzy plays piano on Wichita/KOHD.

4 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

I'd like to hear this lineup do an acoustic version of Sorry...

The one in Paris was just a random acoustic show they did after a regular show, I think? I know they did "acoustic after-party shows" in 2006 when they played London and NYC. The fashion show performances in 2010 were in NYC, and they did 3 of them I think?

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Yeah it was a one off thing for something like that.

Some place called L'Arc.

Catcher sounds class.

2 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Yeah it was a one off thing for something like that.

Some place called L'Arc.

Catcher sounds class.

There was decent footage of a few songs off that. They did some similar small sets in clubs in London in 2006 or 7. There's footage of that too but it's not good quality at all. GN'R MTV unplugged could have been so good

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

There was decent footage of a few songs off that. They did some similar small sets in clubs in London in 2006 or 7. There's footage of that too but it's not good quality at all. GN'R MTV unplugged could have been so good

Rosebar in 2010 too with like semipro recording! He seemed to.be happy to take easy offers for a quick half a mil or whatever.... He did a couple of shows for that tequila company didnt he...surprised DJ never got him a "monster" gig

8 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Perhaps from soundcheck as promised:

quality is a bit shit as I wasn’t paying attention and had the phone pointing at my feet but it gives a teaser for the real thing anyway 

Many thanks !!!🤗