06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

8 hours ago, Caedo said:

Perhaps from soundcheck as promised:

quality is a bit shit as I wasn’t paying attention and had the phone pointing at my feet but it gives a teaser for the real thing anyway 

Are the Axl backing vocals newly recorded? Sounds a bit different than the Village demo?

9 hours ago, Caedo said:

Perhaps from soundcheck as promised:

quality is a bit shit as I wasn’t paying attention and had the phone pointing at my feet but it gives a teaser for the real thing anyway 

Sounds identical to the 1999 demo leak. gotta love this bands lack of creativity 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Are the Axl backing vocals newly recorded? Sounds a bit different than the Village demo?

No it’s exactly the same. Melissa played around with the samples on their own after the band had stopped playing and it was clearly the same vocal track 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Perhaps sounds almost exactly like the demo. Average at best song with no real guitar parts other than the shitty solo. Hope they move on quickly from these leftovers and focus on some actual new stuff.

If it's the same as the demo it's gonna be dead on arrival. Weak tune.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Quick question to those that were there. What was the song they played when Axl started talking about glens and mentioned glen Campbell ? I’ve never heard it before but it was obviously a cover 

Witchita Lineman

4 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Thanks just saw it on the set list. I don’t  watch this song being played so I’m not as familiar with it. I think I’ve seen a video of it once when they first started playing it on the set list 

The original is one of the most wonderfully written songs in human history, up there with the Beatles, Gershwin, Dylan, etc. 

Jimmy Webb wrote it. Remarkable song.

• Like 1

New Perhaps at the soundcheck sounds cool actually. Pretty similar apart from Slash's little riff at the end of each bar. 

Wonder if we'll get a 'drum arrangement by Josh Freese' credit haha. 

Solo isn't as good as Robins though, sadly. 

I like Perhaps, it's a great short and sweet poppy glam number. 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Amir said:

I think the backing vocals are marginally different (possibly different lyrics).

The good news is that a studio version must be imminent given the backing track is ready for live performances. 

Really like most of the song- very Use Your Illusion feel with the piano and the bluesy guitar. Could possibly reach a greater or longer crescendo though to elevate it but that said, nothing wrong with a 4-5 minute bluesy rocker!

7 years of reunion touring needs a new batch of songs releasing to freshen things up, it’s long been needed.

Anyone confirm what the studio visit in Norway was all about?

16 minutes ago, UseYourDelusion said:

I think the backing vocals are marginally different (possibly different lyrics).

The good news is that a studio version must be imminent given the backing track is ready for live performances. 

Really like most of the song- very Use Your Illusion feel with the piano and the bluesy guitar. Could possibly reach a greater or longer crescendo though to elevate it but that said, nothing wrong with a 4-5 minute bluesy rocker!

7 years of reunion touring needs a new batch of songs releasing to freshen things up, it’s long been needed.

Anyone confirm what the studio visit in Norway was all about?

They are the exact same vocals from the leaks...and I think thats OK since they are great.

I little bit of more rasp like the AI Axl in Youtube would make it even better...but I dont think Axl could top this vocals nowadays