06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

56 minutes ago, Caedo said:

How strict are the Scots with curfews? Hoping for a long set but 11pm finish seems kinda early 

Will be pretty strict.....

A 7 pm stage time would be great. No time pressures then. 

Can't believe I'm going! Never thought I would be, but their turnaround this tour has been remarkable.

Different sets, sounding good, dare we say it, 'new' material......shame they let it go so stale previous to this run, but there we go. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Will be pretty strict.....

A 7 pm stage time would be great. No time pressures then. 

Can't believe I'm going! Never thought I would be, but their turnaround this tour has been remarkable.

Different sets, sounding good, dare we say it, 'new' material......shame they let it go so stale previous to this run, but there we go. 

Are you gonna take any videos/photos...would love to see.your experience in a small way. Have a great show! Matter what length, should be good'un with the history of this gig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Are you gonna take any videos/photos...would love to see.your experience in a small way. Have a great show! Matter what length, should be good'un with the history of this gig.

Probably not to be honest- I don't usually bother with that sort of thing and live in the moment as much as I can. I'll try and take a couple though! 

• Like 1

7pm is waaaaayyy too early for a Tuesday show. People need time to get back from work :lol:

8pm would still give them 3 hours. 

anyone know how big the golden circle is? Tried to see from the Arctic monkeys last night but not seen any good pictures yet. 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably not to be honest- I don't usually bother with that sort of thing and live in the moment as much as I can. I'll try and take a couple though! 

Absolutely. Live the gig to the max, was just curious. Of course if they play "Perhaps" or the like, you better stick a phone in the air If noone else is!!! 🤪

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

7pm is waaaaayyy too early for a Tuesday show. People need time to get back from work :lol:

anyone know how big the golden circle is? Tried to see from the Arctic monkeys last night but not seen any good pictures yet. 

The papers say 8.30 start so they must of asked venue....hopefully it's earlier though...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Not sure, how big the Golden Circle is, Muse didn't have one, that was just one big open space. Looking at the venue plan for the Arctic Monkee's it was two pens.

Don't know if it means anything, but my ticket numbers for the Golden Circle are 831 and 832. More than likely the order the tickets were printed off in. 

Edited by mr.flibble

30 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

For reference, Arctic Monkee's venue plan: 

Fzd1IfJWAAASkZl?format=jpg&name=medium

I've been emailed the venue plan for Guns but its not on GIGGS yet. It will be posted on there tomorrow with the set times. 

That 'pen' says 'first come, first served' so I suppose there were no GC tickets.  Be interesting to see a picture of the gig though and see the size. 

34 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

For reference, Arctic Monkee's venue plan: 

Fzd1IfJWAAASkZl?format=jpg&name=medium

I've been emailed the venue plan for Guns but its not on GIGGS yet. It will be posted on there tomorrow with the set times. 

I’ve got the one for GNR and it says golden circle instead of pen 1 and 2 

• Like 1

Sure the Scottish fans who don't travel and have waited 7 years to see the reunion, will be ready to go nuts tomorrow. Always an amazing crowd in Glasgow...one of the fav stops for any artist on a world tour....wish Guns had/would play Barrowlands on a theater tour...that would be insane! 

• Like 3

I’m going tomorrow. Saw Guns in 2017 night 2 at Twickenham, was brilliant, hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

The pessimist in me keeps looking at my emails to see if the gig has been cancelled or not 😄 especially after last year when it got cancelled the night before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Sure you'll be ok unless the rain goes tres crazy....hope they'll start earlier...very strict curfew...Muse just played there and AM and especially Muse, had to cut their set quite a bit to get off stage on time...their shortest set of their tour so far. 🤞🤞🤞

Tbh they should cut antarctic numpties off before they even go on , Muse are entertaining but AM...seen better bands at fake fest

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

When they like played that 3 and half hours set in 2017 LA...was that then breaking curfew or there's different rules in the States? 

2 hours ago, mr.flibble said:

Drone shot from the Arctic Monkees, looks a decent enough set up and their pit doesn't look too massive. 

FziiHzqWcAAMfCu?format=jpg&name=large

FziiHzpXgAIwRmC?format=jpg&name=large

Cool thank you, I like Bellahouston as a venue

11 years since Axl was last in Scotland, wow. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Wonder if they'll split the pit like that for GNR? 

It's not split on the GNR map for the event, but it might be, Hopefully not so there's more surface area close to the stage!