06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

When they like played that 3 and half hours set in 2017 LA...was that then breaking curfew or there's different rules in the States? 

That was an indoor arena. 

If they hit the stage at 7.30pm tomorrow we will be in for a monster show like the two Spain shows. Every minute after 7.30 that trickles down to something more average like Copenhagen or Glastonbury 

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Cool thank you, I like Bellahouston as a venue

11 years since Axl was last in Scotland, wow. 

It's not split on the GNR map for the event, but it might be, Hopefully not so there's more surface area close to the stage!

Yeah be better if it isn't split. That's not a walkway out in the middle or anything. 

Any sign of what the litho looks like yet? 

19 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

Yea they’re playing the Hydro tonight. Seen lots of fans in Iron Madien shirts and things .

49 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

It's gotta be said, IM are the original band with taylored tour shirts to the country they are visiting. Some of there OZ tour shirts are friggin awesome 

Has anyone done the Spotify thing where they see if a new song registers? 

8 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I wonder if they will play a shortened (normal) version of Rocket Queen and KOHD as in Glastonbury or if they will continue as before and play them for 20 minutes each. :D

Almost certainly back to full duration, think that was only a Glasto thing 

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

When they like played that 3 and half hours set in 2017 LA...was that then breaking curfew or there's different rules in the States? 

They had no opening acts and started early on that leg. 

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ok...was the no opening acts on purpose to do a long set then?  Maybe. 

Yes it was. They also moved the opening bands start times up like an hour on the summer leg that year so they can play longer without going over curfew. 

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Any view on stage times yet? My hotel will be about 50 mins walk but looks like it’s going to piss down for a lot of this afternoon!

Just got into Glasgow from London myself this morning. Wanna head over to the gig together? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

you should have your signature printed on a shirt instead :D

Haha, yeah! I HATE this band. I've only spend a huge amount of my time (and money) on them over the decades because I hate myself even more than GNR! 

That quote really made me laugh. Someone's first post on the forum and they told me I was a "well known hater". Loved it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Amir said:

Just got into Glasgow from London myself this morning. Wanna head over to the gig together? :P

Yes mate sounds good! I’m getting in mid-aft and planning to walk over after the worst of the rain. Drop me a DM and let’s see if we can work it out!

Just now, allwaystired said:

Yeah, spotted that. Marvelous stuff! 

Praying to the weather gods that the worst of it is over before doors open so it doesn’t completely churn the ground up. A bit annoying though as I’ve had to pack walking boots in case of a Download/Donington mud bath.

• Like 1