Aliens

ZoSoRose

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

There is really no reason for someone like that to make this up.

but what if we just can't imagine the reason for someone like that to make this up. People make shit up for all sorts of weird and self serving reasons (as I'm sure you know)

• Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

but what if we just can't imagine the reason for someone like that to make this up. People make shit up for all sorts of weird and self serving reasons (as I'm sure you know)

In the last years many credible people have stepped forward. We are not talking about your average 'I want to believe' loonies who come together in fields to look at the sky and have seen a few too many X-Files episodes and are more obsessed than the loonies on here at the GnR section of this forum. These are credible people who can only lose by fabricating stories.

I'm not saying it's true, it's obviously impossible for me to know. But I'm open to the thought and many people can't entertain the idea simply because they can't comprehend it, so it must be bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

In the last years many credible people have stepped forward. We are not talking about your average 'I want to believe' loonies who come together in fields to look at the sky and have seen a few too many X-Files episodes and are more obsessed than the loonies on here at the GnR section of this forum. These are credible people who can only lose by fabricating stories.

I'm not saying it's true, it's obviously impossible for me to know. But I'm open to the thought and many people can't entertain the idea simply because they can't comprehend it, so it must be bullshit. 

i'm also open to it, but lying or thinking what you know is real is part of human nature so especially when it comes to these kind of topics, I'm just being careful when it comes to what I believe.

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

i'm also open to it, but lying or thinking what you know is real is part of human nature so especially when it comes to these kind of topics, I'm just being careful when it comes to what I believe.

Oh, I'm sure many people lie or think they're telling the truth but aren't, also regarding this. But with the type and number of people that have opened up about this in the last years alone, I learn towards thinking there's some truth to it. But I notice people often dismiss something as bullshit merely because they can't understand something, and that's kinda what I was trying to say.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Oh, I'm sure many people lie or think they're telling the truth but aren't, also regarding this. But with the type and number of people that have opened up about this in the last years alone, I learn towards thinking there's some truth to it. But I notice people often dismiss something as bullshit merely because they can't understand something, and that's kinda what I was trying to say.

yeah, being too quick to dismiss shit before even giving it enough thought is something I've noticed happens often. I hope there is some truth to what these people are saying. 

• Like 1

we live in a universe that is hospitable to intelligent life

proof to that theory, is our own planet.

therefore, there is life in the universe.

Simple as that.

Humans are so self-centered, they argue that there is only life on earth, because we have not seen life elsewhere. But this negates the fundamental, proven theory, that the universe supports intelligent life. Humans act, like only our own confined region in space time allows life. This is fundamentally flawed logic, and only proof of stupidity which is common to so many people.

Edited by action

Apparently another “source” is corroborating this report and saying that the US has at least a dozen spaceship and at least one alien body:

I don’t believe any of this, mind you, but it’s still fun to see/ think about.

EDIT: apparently the pentagon and the New York Post have now debunked all of this, so I guess that’s the end of that!

Edited by rocknroll41

25 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I am, yeah. That said, I’m still not really sure I believe any of this stuff. Life at roughly our intelligence level or lower existing in other solar systems and/or other galaxies? Sure. But life advanced enough to come all the way here without us knowing and crash multiple times (mostly in America)? That I’m not so sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I am, yeah. That said, I’m still not really sure I believe any of this stuff. Life at roughly our intelligence level or lower existing in other solar systems and/or other galaxies? Sure. But life advanced enough to come all the way here without us knowing and crash multiple times (mostly in America)? That I’m not so sure.

I have no idea. I'm sure a lot of it is not true. But I do think that if there are intelligent species out there (and I think there's a good chance) who are more advanced than us in technology and thousands of years ahead of us, I don't see why they couldn't travel through space in a way that is impossible for us to understand right now, especially when you look at what we have already achieved right now while we have only just begun exploring it.

13 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Now the guy is saying that the aliens might actually come from another dimension/ alternate earth, but he’s also asking for donations from the public now, which makes me think he’s a scammer.

Lol

the thinking process behind the "there's only life on earth" argument, is the same as "the sun revolved around the sun" argument: anthropocentrism. the belief that man is the center of everything.

well, earth did not turn out to be the center of our solar system, it isn't the center of the milky way, and it certainly ain't the center of the universe.

the idea, that there is only life on one planet, situated somewhere in the outer region of a galaxy, one of billions and billions of galaxies, is unbelievably stupid. it's flat earther territory.

Edited by action

On 6/6/2023 at 10:08 PM, Oldest Goat said:

There's probably intelligent alien life somewhere out there but as far as aliens visiting us, being among us, possessing alien technology etc I don't believe it.

I think the intelligence community is re-stoking the flames of one of their favourite low-effort-high-gain PR angles. That they aren't merely over-funded mundane people who often operate outside the law etc - they also could be on a whole other plane of existence and literally possess otherworldly knowledge and technology and who knows what's out there and the extent of which we need them. They've cultivated this image for many decades and one of the ways they've done this is utilize Hollywood.

I don't believe it either.

If there were Aliens near us seeing how horrible humans treat each other and what we've done to our earth, the would realize we aren't worth the visit. lol