"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

26 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I agree.

Also for the leak part, that's because no hoarder has it, if they did... then it would have leaked years ago. 

What would be quite amusing is if we have heard it before without even knowing it!

I know this has been discussed but what if one of the village leak demos actually is The General? Not impossible by any means. Brain would have worked on the song around that time I'm sure. 

Weird how Brain also worked on the score the 2003 film titled 'Monster'. 🤣

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

21 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

That would be awesome! Guess we'll find out soon enough. Didn't Sebastian Bach mentioned that "The General" was a sequel to "Estranged" back in 2008?

Enjoy....good fun watch trip down memory lane...

"Poison has had a longer career than Tom Cruise!" 🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bach "General And The Monster" press (plus if Axl had that many words for his book then, can you imagine now?....may be largely edited now he's back with the boys tho...no cancer chapter)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-rose-penning-autobiography-sequel-to-estranged-184435/amp/

"in January 2007 when Rose rolled out new songs from midnight to 6 a.m. at New York’s Electric Lady […]"

More than 4 albums worth of "finished songs". I wanna interview Bach and clarify this...or I'll have what he's smoking...(except I'd die probably)

Edited by colonizedmind

16 minutes ago, bangit said:

What would be quite amusing is if we have heard it before without even knowing it!

I know this has been discussed but what if one of the village leak demos actually is The General? Not impossible by any means. Brain would have worked on the song around that time I'm sure. 

Weird how Brain also worked on the score the 2003 film titled 'Monster'. 🤣

I never knew this. Monster was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Don't ask me why. 😂

Its great to have high expectations but there are plenty of songs in the CD vault that could be better than The General. This song is only hyped because it's a song that a few people have mentioned/described. 

It's not a holy grail song in the sense that anyone has described it as a big gun etc. It's a holy grail song because we are starved for music from the CD Era that hasn't been released and or new music in general. It has also never leaked.

I expect it to be a solid song. If it's anything like the Evader cut than it's going to be a heavy hitter. Hoping for it to be a big gun but it's not like Axl has been working on this song like it's his Picasso and hes been purposely holding to release it. Its just a song that was created during the CD sessions that will finally see the light of day.

Edited by youngunner
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

If anyone says an Ashba solo is better than anything by Slash, you have the obligation to hit the ignore button on this person forever. 

Ashba got the current theme right though, we can give him thstx right? He went as Slash for every Halloween GNR concert! Then he forgot to take the costume off...

6 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

People have heard at least one solo though. The solo is pretty clear in the cell phone clip.

Really? Listening to crazy frog 1000 meters underwater is more clear than that clip, I'd say...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Can I make some last minute predictions?

- I predict the song will split the fanbase. Half will feel underwhelmed by it, because it lacks the classic GNR sound or sound too much like a CD era track. The other half will love it because they are ok with that.

- We should get a lot less views on YouTube than Perhaps, which will drive people here to conclude that it was a failure. 

- People will say that Axl will not be able to sing it live. He will and it will sound like the usual. 

This is assuming the song gets released digitally and is played live at all, neither of which may happen.

• PERHAPS 1