THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

41 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

I mean the song is registered as "The General and Monsters", it's the same song

Yes but people have informed us that a 7-inch vinyl may only contain like 4.5 minutes of music so something doesnt add up.

Its a very interesting leak. There is so much to speculate about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Jarmo doesn't know anything. Just a couple of days ago he was saying he hadn't heard anything about a delay.

Yes. Unless Axl didn't want to release it on streaming services (at least not yet) so someone from the camp took the risk to leak it (without Axl's permission, of course) to appease the fans.

Ya, you're gonna risk losing your job with Axl that pays the bills, to appease a fan backlash that if you don't wanna seez you press mute posts or ignore.  Again, logic?

I guess it has to have come from somewhere though....I see us getting no real explaination (as usual), us running away with theories getting wilder and wilder until Dec 8th (ish) comes around and we finally get clarification, we hope...That's what Yoda said at least. 

I enjoy the echo chamber here, just gonna make December so much more interesting -_-.

All I know is

1) The actual song as is registered is one song (The Generals and Monsters)

2) The songs that leak are two disjointed songs, The Generals and Monsters. We ourselves stitch it.

3) There is no actual connection between 1 and 2 except for our own assumptions

4) I play guitar the best past of 20 years to have the humility to say that people can try to replicate whatever tone they want. There is an actual niche in guitar community where people share gear/equaliser setup for famous players. Or maybe just pick up a guitar magazine.

5) Dealing with this band teaches me to be sceptical. Nobody even knew we've been listening to snippet of Monster all along lol. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The evader mix is made from scratch....it's NOT a mix of a demo or leak we had....so basically you're just saying, you prefer a cover/interpretation of a song we guessed about based on a short clip distanced from the speakers it came from with loud crowd chatter far more present in the audio than the music....it was a decent guess but it isn't a thing you can prefer as to be annoyed that things weren't included officially based on a fans work...if you prefer fans music to Guns, stick to that, eh....

(I love Evaders work) but I found it so strange that so many seem to think his version is based on a leak we had or something. I suppose it's a testament to his talent and to the fact, some folk don't care for details ...like saying "ooo why did Axl not include the original vocals about being chained, etc"...seriously!

I thought it was directly sourced from the cellphone leak which has audible guitar parts? 

2 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Didn't Baz sing back vocals on The General?

Can anyone hear Baz?

There is a female voice doing back vocals in one part.

Melissa ?

No, Baz didn't sing on The General. He just talked about it after he heard it.

11 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Exactly what I  think. But why did they also leak Monsters if we weren’t even gonna get it though?   🧐

Why we weren't going to get it? They're registered as one song, so we're probably getting as a kind of concept song consisting of two parts.

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I thought it was directly sourced from the cellphone leak which has audible guitar parts? 

The guitars in his version are taken from various Buckethead works. It's not the guitars on the cell phone recording.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

1 minute ago, Agattuso said:

I enjoy the echo chamber here, just gonna make December so much more interesting -_-.

All I know is

2) The songs that leak are two disjointed songs, The Generals and Monsters. We ourselves stitch it.

4) I play guitar the best past of 20 years to have the humility to say that people can try to replicate whatever tone they want. There is an actual niche in guitar community where people share gear/equaliser setup for famous players. Or maybe just pick up a guitar magazine.

5) Dealing with this band teaches me to be sceptical. Nobody even knew we've been listening to snippet of Monster all along lol. 

That has given me a good laugh...to think the amount of posts (me at times too, although I did doubt more laterally) that have been spread on this forum talking matter of factly about a song that wasn't even the right song...if anything, I hope when talking about new music or leaks in the future and when playing P.I's with all the available quotes and little trinkets of info we can get, which often has been 2nd hand source....I hope we keep more open minds and are humbled a bit by this...let's see...

5 minutes ago, gokken said:

Yes but people have informed us that a 7-inch vinyl may only contain like 4.5 minutes of music so something doesnt add up.

"People" who have no clue, a 7" vinyl already contained a 8:53 minute November Rain back in 1992. Guess they didn't think that far before spouting some nonsense when what they are claiming is not possible, was possible 31 years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/368536-Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Remember during the Axl Chats, the man himself said he'd rather not comment about exact inspirations to give the fans some time to develop their own ideas. So here we are!

I get lots of late era Faith No More influences from these two gems. Think "Stripsearch", "Last Cup Of Sorrow", "Paths Of Glory"

Anyone else hear that?

Oh for sure there's FNM influenced stuff there, wouldn't put it at the top of that list, but it's there. Lotta late 90's along with the mentality of progressing naturally beyond illusions. He did get too busy with chasing trends instead of focusing on material presented, which imo was up to snuff.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why we weren't going to get it? They're registered as one song, so we're probably getting as a kind of concept song consisting of two parts.

The guitars in his version are taken from various Buckethead works. It's not the guitars on the cell phone recording.

This! Exactly....it was that or stems from rock band and his own musical talent....but a complete Hodge poge that can't be referenced as anything to complain about that isn't on the original, etc. That's just like saying if I made a version of the song In your head 2K Intentions,  right now, that I've never really heard, other than a faint idea of it....and then folk complaining when your eventually released version is missing my interpretations of it....🤔

Edited by colonizedmind

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Baz said he was at dinner with Axl and they were listening to The General, Baz sang a melody and Axl said I wanted that on the album and asked him to sing on the song.

I remember Baz commenting on this.

It even makes sense, why at the time Baz asked Axl to sing on his album.

24 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I get lots of late era Faith No More influences from these two gems. Think "Stripsearch", "Last Cup Of Sorrow", "Paths Of Glory"

Anyone else hear that?

Stripsearch (maybe because it's one of my favorite FNM songs?) was the first thing I thought of

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

This! Exactly....it was that or stems from rock band and his own musical talent....but a complete Hodge poge that can't be referenced as anything to complain about that isn't on the original, etc. That's just like saying if I made a version of the song In your head 2K Intentions,  right now, that I've never really heard, other than a faint idea of it....and then folk complaining when your eventually released version is missing my interpretations of it....🤔

The solo was made from Buckethead solo tracks, the vocals and the rest of the instrumental (except the orchestra) from Rock Band stems.

Evader has explained the process of making it:

Just now, KIKOZ3 said:

Baz said he was at dinner with Axl and they were listening to The General, Baz sang a melody and Axl said I wanted that on the album and asked him to sing on the song.

I think that’s what Baz said about Sorry. He sings backing on the chorus 

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"People" who have no clue, a 7" vinyl already contained a 8:53 minute November Rain back in 1992. Guess they didn't think that far before spouting some nonsense when what they are claiming is not possible, was possible 31 years ago.

https://www.discogs.com/release/368536-Guns-N-Roses-November-Rain

Like I said it was possible before when no one cared about the quality. 9 minutes on a 45 will be much quieter (audio volume) than a 3 minutes song. If they do that, Perhaps and The General would have different volume, no sense..

1 minute ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Maybe you're confusing it with Sorry?

55 minutes ago, kitstuai said:

You can't fit 9 minutes on a 7" 45 RPM, just impossible.

16 minutes ago, gokken said:

Two more vinyl experts heard from.

Ny05MTI2LmpwZWc.jpeg

Edit: I see StrangerInThisTown beat me to it.

Edited by Slugworth

18 minutes ago, Agattuso said:

All I know is

i get what your saying but as a musician myself... i can 100% verify that its slash. mistaking sound is one thing. and yes you can semi replicate someones amp sound, but you can tell instantly when you hear slash. its slash.  but EVERYONES vibrato is totally unique. its slash dude.

Edited by Miden34
  • Like 1