THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

This delay between the original vinyl release date and the actual release has been long enough now where I’m no longer excited for “The General” and “Monsters” to hit Spotify. Obviously that’s due to the leaks. I’ve listened so many times and love the songs. They just no longer feel “new.” Why this band keeps fucking up I have no idea. It’s been 15 years since I heard an officially-released GNR song that hasn’t leaked prior. It isn’t difficult. The tour was ending anyhow.

Wish I could find the damn things. Just want to hear the studio recording.

4 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

**hint hint... chairman if ur out there still**

Says he doesn't have them & anything he did have we would have too. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Also if hoarders had them it would have been known that the cell phone clip was not The General.

This. I doubt a fan has ever had either of those two songs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amir said:

I think the lineup changes killed any chance of the video releasing. Why release a video with Finck, Bucket, and Brain when they were no longer in the band?

that makes a lot of a sense imo, the music video was not good enough imho anyway

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amir said:

I think the lineup changes killed any chance of the video releasing. Why release a video with Finck, Bucket, and Brain when they were no longer in the band?

Even if the Better video came out in 2006 it would've been an embarrassment anyway. The band members being introduced with the titles on screen? The poorly shot Buckethead footage like a fan recording. Dire. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yes....but hoarders brag and hoarders tease...

On these: Nothing! 

They did not brag and tease about past leaks either, they just popped out of no where. Are you new to leaks or something

Its always funny how people claim oh there are no more leaks out there yet time and time again more songs leak out eventually. There are still tons of more songs out there.  

Edited by gnfnr2k

22 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

They did not brag and tease about past leaks either, they just popped out of no where. Are you new to leaks or something

Its always funny how people claim oh there are no more leaks out there yet time and time again more songs leak out eventually. There are still tons of more songs out there.  

Have you heard of a clip called "checkmate"....I didn't say it was the model or the gold standard everytime of leaking...but there are signs and tells...

stop being immaturely abrasive in your delivery....no need. General is and has been the most talked about Guns song in the fandom for a good 15 years now...if a person other than perhaps band members and engineers, i.e, someone that would actually leak, had it...they would of very likely popped up and said so, showed a photo, posted a small clip, touted for trades with the other such types....nothing. Plus, once the General was announced, that 2/3 month window was the time...to bargain or leak...it is worth so much less come Dec 8th and even at this point, due to early mix leak. So, yes...I say and I'm sure I'm not alone...it's unlikely that any Rick's or the like have this one....very unlikely. Your opinion lies in another reality and that's cool...just be happy you're not in your own echo chamber and this is a forum where oppositie opinions are ok and given...kinda the point.

Edited by colonizedmind

Since The General and Monsters have Slash and Duff on them, they were recently acquired by the leaker. A vinyl rip is the best theory but then where did Monsters come from?

I doubt any hoarder has NuGnR versions of these songs. I agree there would have been rumblings prior between its announcement and The General’s release. Plus, The General is a completely unheard song musically. I feel that would have gotten out since the 2018 cell leak. Although it is possible a hoarder has Soul Monster and just assumed it was The General. Unlikely, though

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Have you heard of a clip called "checkmate"....I didn't say it was the model or the gold standard everytime of leaking...but there are signs and tells...

stop being immaturely abrasive in your delivery....no need. General is and has been the most talked about Guns song in the fandom for a good 15 years now...if a person other than perhaps band members and engineers, i.e, someone that would actually leak, had it...they would of very likely popped up and said so, showed a photo, posted a small clip, touted for trades with the other such types....nothing. Plus, once the General was announced, that 2/3 month window was the time...to bargain or leak...it is worth so much less come Dec 8th and even at this point, due to early mix leak. So, yes...I say and I'm sure I'm not alone...it's unlikely that any Rick's or the like have this one....very unlikely. Your opinion lies in another reality and that's cool...just be happy you're not in your own echo chamber and this is a forum where oppositie opinions are ok and given...kinda the point.

If you don't like how blunt I am then get over it. This is just how I am,  I dont have time to treat people like you with kid gloves. What are you 12 or something?

What you are saying is objectively wrong. It's just funny with everything that has happened with leaks and this band that you still think there is still not more out there. You really must be new to all of this.  

And yes the general has been the most talked about song, just like a bunch of other songs that were never teased.  And guess what, we only have the slash version of the general, the BH and Finck version is still out there just like the BH and Robin version of Monsters. Just like a ton of other songs that we have titles for that we have never gotten clips for.

The BH/Robin version of the general and Monsters will leak out at some point, and other songs will leak out too. Its just them getting into the right hands.  My opinion lies in facts and the history of leaks with this band and all the info out there, about all those other songs being out there being hoarded that Fernando shared with his Brazilan friends.

And of course when more songs leak out, you will be like oh well that is really the last of them and now there are really no other leaks out there.

You should also take your own advice with its not an echo chamber thing bc you are the only one who is having a hissy fit with there being more leaks out there. You are delusional if you dont think there are not more leaks out there by hoarders.  

2 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

If you don't like how blunt I am then get over it. This is just how I am,  I dont have time to treat people like you with kid gloves. What are you 12 or something?

What you are saying is objectively wrong. It's just funny with everything that has happened with leaks and this band that you still think there is still not more out there. You really must be new to all of this.  

And yes the general has been the most talked about song, just like a bunch of other songs that were never teased.  And guess what, we only have the slash version of the general, the BH and Finck version is still out there just like the BH and Robin version of Monsters. Just like a ton of other songs that we have titles for that we have never gotten clips for.

The BH/Robin version of the general and Monsters will leak out at some point, and other songs will leak out too. Its just them getting into the right hands.  My opinion lies in facts and the history of leaks with this band and all the info out there, about all those other songs being out there being hoarded that Fernando shared with his Brazilan friends.

And of course when more songs leak out, you will be like oh well that is really the last of them and now there are really no other leaks out there.

You should also take your own advice with its not an echo chamber thing bc you are the only one who is having a hissy fit with there being more leaks out there. You are delusional if you dont think there are not more leaks out there by hoarders.  

More unheard leaks with complete vocals?

4 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Well at least we think of the same questions. It's always a good starting point to have one common ground. The court is yours....enjoy.

1 minute ago, Silence said:

More unheard leaks with complete vocals?

yes, of course there is. 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Well at least we think of the same questions. It's always a good starting point to have one common ground. The court is yours....enjoy.

If you can't deal with someone on a forum being blunt, I would hate to think of how you deal with people in the real world.

Also dont they call us people from Boston Massholes for nothing. :P

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The whole story with the hoarders is one of the things that this fanbase has mythologized. They've been made out to be these villains who have everything the rest of the fans don't have and won't share with them.

Of course there were and are hoarders, as history has shown. But the fact that some people happened to have or managed to obtain songs doesn't mean that every unreleased song is hoarded.

Mark my words. The BH/Robin versions of Monster and the General  as well as other songs will leak out eventually. Then we will have this same convo again about other songs being out there or not being out there.  And the cycle will go on and on.  

7 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Mark my words. The BH/Robin versions of Monster and the General  as well as other songs will leak out eventually. Then we will have this same convo again about other songs being out there or not being out there.  And the cycle will go on and on.  

I think some serious star alignment will be required for this 🤞

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

yes, of course there is. 

If you can't deal with someone on a forum being blunt, I would hate to think of how you deal with people in the real world.

Also dont they call us people from Boston Massholes for nothing. :P

I think you're spending too much time trying to psychoanalyse someone you don't know "in the real world" and missing the nuance...I never said I didn't think there was more material out there, I was speaking specifically about the General. Of course I can deal with "blunt", I'm on this forum...(or any forum for that matter) it would be a very dull place if all agreed. I'm happy to have discourse of the alternative and that's why I'm here...

Your "bluntless" you speak of (a quick check of your recent posts shows this is your M.O, so all good), just seems to be geared towards trying to start a confrontation (out of nothing) and is coming off slightly high and mighty (which isn't what I had associated with my friends from Boston but hey!) And patronising...that anyone that isn't arriving at your conclusions is not well informed or allowed to ponder an alternative line....I've been on here 10 years less than you, it doesn't appear you're been that active though....I respect your alterative views, which frankly since this is all rumour and conjecture, makes it a bit weird you're being so matter-of-fact. There are examples of songs coming out in both the ways we describe, all a bit random, no status quo, so no need to define your opinion so "bluntly" but rather let's call it for what is, being abrasive for the sake of it. There is a difference and to be honest, if someone calls you out and you're not actually a "12 year old" you speak of, have the maturity to check yourself when pointed out...and not be a dick, which is more the description of the route you're choosing. Then we're in a real adult discussion. Ya know, someone pointed out my own reaction to a post a few days ago and Instead of just blindly doubling down, I actually listened to what the dude had issue with...that's what a forum should be about, not saying..Oh I'm from a certain area so I have Carte blanche to be a "masshole"...

Anyways, let's not divert from the points at hand and clutter others enjoyment of this page with pettiness...

Edited by colonizedmind