Steve Lukather’s Son Auditioned For Slash’s Part In Guns N’ Roses: ‘GN’R Fans Destroyed Me

I'm confused. If he auditioned in early '06, that would have been Bucket's spot that Ron got. Robin was already filling the lead guitar spot, not to mention Richard there as well. So he wouldn't have been auditioning for "Slash's spot".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

I'm confused. If he auditioned in early '06, that would have been Bucket's spot that Ron got. Robin was already filling the lead guitar spot, not to mention Richard there as well. So he wouldn't have been auditioning for "Slash's spot".

he said '05 if that makes a difference. 

18 minutes ago, TiedHands said:

Just semantics, probably. More just meaning "lead guitar in Guns N' Roses."

• Like 4

I imagine it was tough reading the bile at 18yrs of age, but also given who his dad is, it's insane he went in there and wasn't prepared for all possibilities; probably a good thing he did that it smartened him up to how things really are, and the name will only get you so far.

I'm not really a fan of his music, but he can obviously play. It's a tough road to follow when your dads been on every good record in the last 40 years. I'm not surprised there's a bit of a chip on his shoulder, just like Wolf VH. End of the day, talented guys and they took opportunities afforded to them from their family names... who wouldn't? 

The only reason I dislike some rockstar kids is when they have no humility. If you haven't achieved anything and you're walking around with an ego you need to shut the fuck up. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Trevs music, but at least he's had some success as a writer and some small bands and hasn't been out trying to be his dad. Obviously WVH is killing it and humble too. Trev to me seems a little smug, but maybe that's nerves when he's doing interviews?

4 hours ago, TiedHands said:

Well technically Bucket replaced Robin, who replaced Slash. Robin then came back when Bucket was still in the band as an additional guitarist, so it's not totally wide of the mark

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I imagine it was tough reading the bile at 18yrs of age, but also given who his dad is, it's insane he went in there and wasn't prepared for all possibilities; probably a good thing he did that it smartened him up to how things really are, and the name will only get you so far.

I'm not really a fan of his music, but he can obviously play. It's a tough road to follow when your dads been on every good record in the last 40 years. I'm not surprised there's a bit of a chip on his shoulder, just like Wolf VH. End of the day, talented guys and they took opportunities afforded to them from their family names... who wouldn't? 

The only reason I dislike some rockstar kids is when they have no humility. If you haven't achieved anything and you're walking around with an ego you need to shut the fuck up. Like I said, I'm not a fan of Trevs music, but at least he's had some success as a writer and some small bands and hasn't been out trying to be his dad. Obviously WVH is killing it and humble too. Trev to me seems a little smug, but maybe that's nerves when he's doing interviews?

I've met Trev briefly once (at an SMKC show actually) and we have some mutual friends. I never felt any kind of smugness or anything like that. He's definitely trying to carve his own path now as a producer and guitarist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I've met Trev briefly once (at an SMKC show actually) and we have some mutual friends. I never felt any kind of smugness or anything like that. He's definitely trying to carve his own path now as a producer and guitarist.

No personal experience with him, so I can only go off the interviews where I left with that impression. However I give him the benefit of the doubt (not that means much😄).

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

SMKC seems to be the place to meet famous rockstar kids, that's where I met Wolf who seemed like a genuinely nice guy, but he also comes across exactly the same in interviews. I think he's less Hollywood. I sound like I'm ragging on Trev, I'm not! talented guy and hope he lands himself a great band to take him to the next level!

41 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

SMKC seems to be the place to meet famous rockstar kids, that's where I met Wolf who seemed like a genuinely nice guy, but he also comes across exactly the same in interviews. I think he's less Hollywood. I sound like I'm ragging on Trev, I'm not! talented guy and hope he lands himself a great band to take him to the next level!

Well this was at an LA show so all the "more famous" people were there.