Gilby is selling gear and various other items from GN'R and Snakepit days

4 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Maybe he need money.

Yes, I wondered about that too. I can't think of any other reason you'd want to sell off some of those memorabilia. I understand them gathering dust somewhere, but I'm sure he has friends he can make happy with a leather jacket, guitar or GNR award. Or he could auction them off for charity. Since that's not the case, my guess would be he can at least use the money well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Maybe he need money.

I'd be surprised if that's the case. His wife Daniella founded Frankie B jeans (named after their daughter) and is worth millions. You would hope that Gilby got well paid for the Illusion boxset too. As there's a full show of his era and plenty of photos of him in the book.

Sad to see him getting rid of this stuff but presumably he's got his reasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I'd be surprised if that's the case. His wife Daniella founded Frankie B jeans (named after their daughter) and is worth millions. You would hope that Gilby got well paid for the Illusion boxset too. As there's a full show of his era and plenty of photos of him in the book.

Yeah! I understand about the gear, is enough common, but to me is weird it leather jacket. I just wish he not need money.

Posted (edited)

Robin sold some of his GNR gear years ago too. Richard also sold some stuff not too long ago. Sometimes you just need a little room. Unless you are a collector, why keep guitars you never play or memorabilia when there's plenty of other stuff worth holding on.

If I had the money I'd buy the black Telecaster from him. Awesome guitar and the fact it was played by Gilby only makes it better for me. I remember the red Tele he played on the Illusion tour, always thought it looked totally awesome and it sounded pretty cool too.

Edited by adamsapple
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

You're actually right. I didn't know that. His wife was as financially successful as any member of GNR:

https://www.daniellaclarke.com/about

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I regret not buying the Slash SL5 Marshall amp from the Fortus sale. It was gifted to him from Slash and had a nice message written on it from Slash. Oh well

That's one that I was eyeing too.

Instruments and gear wise the Gilby store isn't that exciting (no GnR gear) but the GnR memorabilia is worth looking at.