Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

MarianoG

I just want to hear something ... anything.

Even if it's just something like a studio version of Madagascar for the Da Vinci Code. It'd just be cool to hear what Axl can do with his voice in the studio nowadays.

Btw, does anyone else think that the rumoured plan to release a song for a soundtrack is fraught with danger? You can guarantee that there are going to be alot of people out there that will kick the shit out of anything that Axl releases, no matter how good it is. If he cops some criticism/bad reviews from the soundtrack single, would he go back into hiding? Perhaps delay the album again?

Just a thought. Probably getting a bit ahead of myself here. ;)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess thats the year then. If came from Axl I believe it. We never heard him say a time that Chinese Democracy would come out before. All other rumors were from other people, never from him. Well, lets hope that he doesnt waits till December 31st.

Guest swwet_child

OMG!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

That just made my day.

"I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

:o

CD is coming!!! rock3

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS RIGHT FUCKIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it starts "soon" buuuuuut "soon isn't the word" so you know, what the fuck?

but soon is now the word

As Axl said

"people will hear music this year"

talking about the album. :)rock3

I was a little disappointed when axl picked three his favorite songs

cuz..there are supposted to be too many good songs for axl to pick a couple of songs he likes.

does that means out of 26 songs , 'the blues' is top 3?

i want tons of other songs better than 'the blues' on the new album..

-.-;;

Now that we've got this news I should be good for another 3 years. :D

Seriously though, this is fucking awesome!!! I was getting sick of all the bullshit lately, sighting and rumours and worthless crap like that. We've got something with a bit more substance this time, straight from the horse's mouth.

So 26 songs almost done, 13 are slated for the album. Hmmm, if you're only gonna release one album of 13 tracks and those are already decided on, then why would you work to complete another 13, plus possibly six more after that? Because we are getting at least two fucking albums bitches!!!! rock1

Ahh, we'll see. Musn't get too worked up, we've got nothing yet. And here's one other thing I noticed:

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album (emphasis added). Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

Slated for the final album. I take that to mean slated for Chinese Democracy, but "final" could also mean the last album of a trilogy, which is what Axl had planned in the past. It's kind of ambiguous and I think maybe what A Sense of Rage meant when he said Axl was paraphrased in parts of this interview...because this line was not a direct quote.

Anyways, it's cool to see there still exists a level of respect for Slash (and that clearly works both ways), and that he still talks to Izzy. The foundations for an eventual reunion do exist. Not sure how strong those foundations are, time will tell I guess. There is some work to be done first.

Also, by saying that we'll "like at least a few songs on there", I take that to mean some of the songs will have the classic Guns sound. And how could they not?

Edited by KBear

I don't check the news for two days and look what happened! I think I quit checking the news more often...Fuck I think I'm having a heart attack! This is the first time I've had the confidence ta say this so here I go CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!

Yep !! Chinese democracy starts 2006 !!!! Axl wont let us down this time !!!

It's cool to hear him say kind words about Slash.

Maybe .. maybe .... No, I won't say the "R" word. :D

Great pic too. He looks healthy.

Yeah, it really is cool to hear them voice respect and even warm words toward each other. Reunion or not, it's great to see. Very, very cool...

Nothing has changed in my mind, i hope we get it but see no real evidence that we are not about to endure another long silence and delay.While he said the have songs almost finished he didnt say hey guess what guys you will have CD by this year.He could have said so much more to put my mind at rest.I honestly aint one bit hyped because ive seen it before, maybe not from his mouth but i got hyped when he said we hope to release a statement in a few months.Axls concept of time in on another fucking planet.You can boo and hiss because im being pesamistic but some of us are seasoned in the GnR game.I honestly would love to believe CD wil be released this year but based on his timescale i just dont see it, maybe thats a good thing because at least we might get something special in 2 years.

Axl has always been clear in what he says:

2002- "You'll see it but soon it not the word" Meaning what he said we wouldn't be seeing it anytime soon but we will see it

2004- "we hope to announce a release date within the next few months" He didn't say we will have a release date, he said we hope to announce one

2006- "People will hear music this year," meaning we will hear music this year from the album, probably the first single which leads to the album, but it's definitly starting this year. rock3

Edited by Axl-rocks

I was a little disappointed when axl picked three his favorite songs

cuz..there are supposted to be too many good songs for axl to pick a couple of songs he likes.

does that means out of 26 songs , 'the blues' is top 3?

i want tons of other songs better than 'the blues' on the new album..

-.-;;

Perhaps these are just his favorites at the moment -doesn't mean they're the best ones -There Was A Time has been documented as being a very personal song to him and The Blues is a great song-probably also very personal since it sounds like it is related to his split w/ Stephanie Seymour.I have no idea about Better,but it's not unusual for artists to go through phases of liking certain tunes more than others especially during the recording process.......Peace.....

Very good article..Slash said that the album will be out this year and now Axl says that people will hear music this year...Sounds promising!

"Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

That`s enough for me!

"As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

That`s nice!

I didn`t think he talked or even liked anyone of the old members..Too bad that Slash wasn`t there at the party,i`m sure we would have seen pictures of the two of them standing next to each other talking.

Real Fuckin`Good To Hear From You Again Axl! :)

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS RIGHT FUCKIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it starts "soon" buuuuuut "soon isn't the word" so you know, what the fuck?

but soon is now the word

As Axl said

"people will hear music this year"

talking about the album. :)rock3

You know what would really suck is if this line( "people will hear music this year")meant that he released one song for "The Davinci Code" and nothing else.I mean technically that would be music -he just didn't say how much music we'd hear this year..............just pray that he meant the whole record!!! :unsure::o