Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

MarianoG

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a nice read! 26 of 32 ain't bad! ;)

I can't wait to hear the studio version of The Blues!

Indeed my friend.

I'm a very happy man right now... even though my car is fucked and will cost me £891 to repair.

Anyway, I don't even know who most of the people in this thread are! :drevil:

Fantastic start to the new year! Some new photos plus a short interview at the party. Gee Axl sounds a tad more mellow these days - he 'loves' Slash and has spoken with Izzy recently!! Personally, I dont think there will ever be a reunion (nor do I particularly want one - I want to hear the new band!); but if Axl and the others can get on as friends and make up after so long then this can only be a good thing....

I also think its brilliant that there has been such a positive reaction on the forum to Axl's interview/appearance etc. The guy obviously values his privacy and leads a quiet life despite being one of the biggest rock stars on the planet, but I'm sure reading such a positive reaction from his fans may make him realise that he still has so many fans out there, and they would love to see and hear from him far more often.

Anyway, if you happen to read this Axl, you're looking fantastic. Hopefully 2006 will be the year....

LA

some stat analysis, based on what we've heard over the years.

According to many (including Brian May), Axl has been working on this epic for a while now, and at any given time, there were many songs to choose from...some finished...some unfinished.

Nonetheless, a logical conclusion is that they would choose the best of the bunch, and release them...which makes me wonder....

...if he had released them all over the years, and then compiled a greatest hits of those for 2006, it would consist of about 13 of his best songs.

so we are getting a GH after all....just of a different kind.

Fuckd up logic, but it kind of makes sense.

It's great to hear something "from the horses mouth". :D

I'm a little concerned by the choice of wording though. If he was certain to release this year he would have said, rather than the ambiguous "people will hear music this year" which fit's much more with a sountrack or single.

Halfway through last year we had 2 people we could unequivically trust for Gn'R statements, Axl and Merck, after "2005 will be the year for Gn'R" we are left with one. I hope by the end of the year we don't have none.

Also, GunsGuy, get real. You couldn't possibly have known 2 weeks ago this was going to happen, Rolling Stone didn't! It was a chance meeting at a party that no-one expected Axl to attend. This also means that in reality, it means nothing from an "axl coming back into the spotlight" point of view. This was not a prepared statement, or planned in any way, it was a RS reporter in the right place at the right time.

So unless you want to start second guessing "well Axl knew he would get inteviewed there and it's all a pre-meditated consipiracy etc" then take it for what it is, welcome quote's to enjoy while waiting, and at least confirming there's still a plan for an end product for this, I'm delighted that that is the case as we have not been able to be certain of that for some time.

How do we even know that these quotes are accurate? Any half-knowlegable GNR could have fabricated them. They did not come directly from the horse's mouth. They came second hand, possibly from someone who overheard him in conversation.

I think a lot of people might be setting themselves up for a giant disappointment. With the best will in the word, when it comes to record releases, no-one in the current GNR camp, including Axl, can be trusted. I remeber similar euphoria when Merck said that 2005 was the year of GNR - but nothing. I know this is from Axl, but that doesn;t lend it much weight either.

Chinese Democracy always reminds me of Lewis-Tyson. You can't actually believe that these events are going to happen until you see both men in the ring together. When I see the promotion of the album kick into gear, then I might start to believe it. But even then, not until I see CD on shelves will I actually believe it's going to happen. Talk is cheap after all.

Oh my god i am just too excited to write something worth reading. this just made my day!!! I am running thorugh my house, yelling, i am so happy!!! Best day of this year so far ;)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

If they are working on 32 songs and 26 are nearly done....what would you say the status of the other six is?

Completed?

Not completed?

Not even started?

Nearly done?

How many have we heard so far?

1. The Blues

2. Madagascar

3. Silkworms

4. Chinese Democracy

5. Rhiaad and the Bedhouins

6. IRS

Edited by elmir

That was a nice read! 26 of 32 ain't bad! ;)

I can't wait to hear the studio version of The Blues!

:o Wait a minute........ 26 tracks has taken almost a decade...... there is still six more tracks to record :scared:

Im not saying more.......... He has six more tracks to record= could be xxxxx years :ph34r:

This is great.

Axl is going to release the record and smash the whole gadamn musicindustry into pieces - again.

Shit like Greenday and similar stuff are going to look ridicoulus besides Axl and band.

Hell, world is going to be interesting.

This is great.

Axl is going to release the record and smash the whole gadamn musicindustry into pieces - again.

Shit like Greenday and similar stuff are going to look ridicoulus besides Axl and band.

Hell, world is going to be interesting.

For the love of god. Don't get overexctitet here. I think axls music is great and all that. But that is just thinking ridiculus :ph34r: