Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

MarianoG

I agree with gunsguy...

He said he's not finished with the 32 songs yet, and when he is, they still have to narrow the list down to 16 or however many he wants to put on the record. All that takes time, so there's no way that it'll come out this year, add in all the CD art work, printing, distributing ect.

But it will come out soon. This is more information than we've had in years.

THank you Axl, very much!!! :kiss:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will give my honest opinion when i see the cd available in a record store' until then i will remain silent;only 2 members of this forum know my opinion' & they will not post about it unless i ask them to'

Why share your opinion with two people only? Why not just tell all of us? :huh:

Sorry just seems odd to me thats all.

Perhaps the E mail fiasco made him a bit reserved and question who he can and cant trust.

Just a thought.

Can I ask a question? I'm gonna anyway.

If Guns N' Roses are recording 32 songs and 26 are finished and 13 are down for the final album... and there's meant to be 3 albums... anyone see where I'm going? No?

What stops Guns N' Roses from releasing an album with 13 songs this year? The others go on the next record or whatever the plan is. No one knows it's not finished per se. His comments were oddly selected by the interviewer.

I agree with gunsguy...

He said he's not finished with the 32 songs yet, and when he is, they still have to narrow the list down to 16 or however many he wants to put on the record. All that takes time, so there's no way that it'll come out this year, add in all the CD art work, printing, distributing ect.

But it will come out soon. This is more information than we've had in years.

THank you Axl, very much!!! :kiss:

Axl said 26 of the songs are almost done. We know Richard has been recording recently so perhaps he is recording the last few layers to the song? Who knows, just a guess. They also don't need to have all 32 songs recorded; just the ones that are going to appear on the album. I believe Axl has already decided which songs will be on this album. After so many years, don't you think Axl hasn't sat down once and drawn up a list of tracks to appear on the album? He's had plenty of time to decide what songs will feature on Chinese Democracy.

I wouldn't be surprised either if the art work was also in the early sketches. I think Axl might have some idea of what he wants the album to look like. I don't think we'll see it in March but certainly a summer release with a single in May seems quite reasonable. However that is probably the earliest we'll see it.

I do believe this is the year.

Can I ask a question? I'm gonna anyway.

If Guns N' Roses are recording 32 songs and 26 are finished and 13 are down for the final album... and there's meant to be 3 albums... anyone see where I'm going? No?

What stops Guns N' Roses from releasing an album with 13 songs this year? The others go on the next record or whatever the plan is. No one knows it's not finished per se. His comments were oddly selected by the interviewer.

Well you can either look at the comments in two ways- 26 songs are almost done, and 6 are completed. 26 songs are almost done, and 6 are in the early stages.

As I stated in my previous post I think Axl already knows what songs are going to feature on the album so it would stand to reason that he would record the songs on Chinese Democracy first. If you believe that Axl's statement was meant to mean the former then it shows the recording is very close to being completed. We also know that Richard (who knows possibly the other guys too) is/are recording so its quite possible that the album could be finished by March. Allowing for a few months to complete the artwork, tour dates, printing, distributing etc. It is possible we could have it by June.

If it is the latter then perhaps it may be looking towards the last quarter of 2006.

Well you can either look at the comments in two ways- 26 songs are almost done, and 6 are completed. 26 songs are almost done, and 6 are in the early stages.

As I stated in my previous post I think Axl already knows what songs are going to feature on the album so it would stand to reason that he would record the songs on Chinese Democracy first. If you believe that Axl's statement was meant to mean the former then it shows the recording is very close to being completed. We also know that Richard (who knows possibly the other guys too) is/are recording so its quite possible that the album could be finished by March. Allowing for a few months to complete the artwork, tour dates, printing, distributing etc. It is possible we could have it by June.

If it is the latter then perhaps it may be looking towards the last quarter of 2006.

Another whole year? I feel sick now.

Another whole year? I feel sick now.

Why? More time to prepare for eating your hat ;)

And I didn't say a year. I said the backend of 2006. Plus, it would be likely that a single would come before that and if you believe in the Da Vinci Code rumour then we'd hear something first in May. Also not to forget perhaps an appearance at Rock in Rio (which could mean a few new songs heard).

When you say it like that, the wait would fly by :)

Just wait till you've got that hat in your mouth - you won't be feeling too good then either.

R.

:ph34r: Never gonna happen.

ok ok.....I'll do it.....I'll put up the sign......

OWNED!!!!!!!!....

or something like that :confused:

I can't really respond without owning myself further than I already have been. :scared:

EDIT: Here's some American news website's take on the interview. It is worded somewhat differently I think you'll find.

Click

Edited by W. Axl Kev

26 songs nearly finished

taking into account the time they need to record and finnish songs how long will it take before they are all finished, then artwork, promotion, shoot a video

will they be able to wrap it all up before rock in rio

my thought is that if 26 are nearly finished, and 13 are going to be on the album, then he is pretty close to finishing the music part. so i have a feeling they are past the 'writing' stage, and have moved onto the production and mixing part.

so my guess is that the album is around 80-90% finished, all that needs to be done is the mixing/mastering, and then all the label stuff (which should be done pretty quickly).

so i would think that May-June would be a good guess. 3-4 more months.

26 songs nearly finished

taking into account the time they need to record and finnish songs how long will it take before they are all finished, then artwork, promotion, shoot a video

will they be able to wrap it all up before rock in rio

my thought is that if 26 are nearly finished, and 13 are going to be on the album, then he is pretty close to finishing the music part. so i have a feeling they are past the 'writing' stage, and have moved onto the production and mixing part.

so my guess is that the album is around 80-90% finished, all that needs to be done is the mixing/mastering, and then all the label stuff (which should be done pretty quickly).

so i would think that May-June would be a good guess. 3-4 more months.

Sounds exactly like 5 years ago...

If anything is to happen this year, it'll be the Da-Vinci Code soundtrack. Guns wont necessairily be on the soundtrack but I cant really see anything happening before May.

The earliest time we'll get Chinese Democracy this year is going to be in the summer.

I couldn't have said it better... ;)

It really depends on what kind of song it is. If its an Epic like Estranged, November Rain it would take longer becasue it needs to sound perfect.

It would take probbly 3-4 months like the last post said. Well it was the last post when i meant to post it.

Edited by maximo

26 of the 32 are nearly finished.

So

26/32 x 'Y' (Years) = 10

0.81 * Y = 10

Therefore

Y = 12.3 years

Add in the little bit for the 'nearly done' and it comes to.......

[Drum roll purrrrlease]

13 Years!!!!

Thats right, only 13 more years to the completion of Chinese Democracy.

So

26/32 x 'Y' (Years) = 10

0.81 * Y = 10

Therefore

Y = 12.3 years

[Drum roll purrrrlease]

13 Years!!!!

Ugh, enough already.

Axl has"talked" in the past and nothing came of it. Every year we get a Movie soundtrack rumour (lord of the rings w/ alanis, anyone?) and a possible June/July release date.

Can't forget the annual super bowl/suprise guest rumour.

Yeah, it's cool that he finally talked after damn near 3 years (!) of fucking silence, but it doens't mean shit. When he states a release date, a defiante date, then I'll perk up.

So

26/32 x 'Y' (Years) = 10

0.81 * Y = 10

Therefore

Y = 12.3 years

[Drum roll purrrrlease]

13 Years!!!!

Actually what you mean was (10/26)*(32-26)= 2.3 years remaining. :)

So

26/32 x 'Y' (Years) = 10

0.81 * Y = 10

Therefore

Y = 12.3 years

[Drum roll purrrrlease]

13 Years!!!!

No offence - but I hope your wrong